PDA

View Full Version : My Disneyland 50th guess

bhbob
01-29-2005, 02:49 PM
This is my educated guess on how the 50th birthday will be based on my experiences with past special parties like Captain EO, Star Tours Openings, 25th Birthday Party etc................

Friday July 15th - normal day 8am to Midnight

Saturday July 16th - park closes at 10pm - everyone out - reopens at 12midnight for special 50th Birthday ticket holders only! (my guess $75.00 cost, Annual Passes not included ) - park is then open straight until 2am on Monday night (Tuesday AM) 50 HOURS!!! - regular guests can enter starting at 8am on Sunday morning and stay until 2am Monday night, (if they don't leave! Only guests with an wristband can enter the park after midnight and before 8am).

Sunday July 17th - THE DAY! Regular guests can only get in starting at 8am. A special birthday ceremony in front of the castle at 10am. Free birthday cake, party hats etc. The Space Mountain Re-Opening ceremony at 12noon! Press only for 2hrs. A special extended fireworks show that night. Only guests with an wristband can enter the park after midnight and before 8am. By 12 noon Disneyland has reached capacity everyone else is sent to DCA. After 6pm guests are allowed back into Disneyland (Once in the park do not leave!)

Monday July 18th - open until 2am. Regular guests can only get in starting at 8am. Only guests with an wristband can enter the park after midnight and before 8am.

Tuesday July 19th - normal day 8am to Midnight

I Heart Disneyland!
01-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Pretty good GUESSING, do you have ain inside track???

bhbob
01-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Pretty good GUESSING, do you have ain inside track???

No inside track. Just been Disneyland hundreds of times, especially grand openings of most every attraction in the last 25 years.

:D

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Sounds like a great party.
Except Space isn't scheduled to re-open until the fall. Or did I miss something?

AVP
01-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Don't forget to schedule the rolling OSHA breaks in there. I have heard that Disney can't run the attractions more than XXX number of hours in a row without a break of XXX hours, so there will have to be some scheduled downtimes. (I think it's a 6 hour inspection and maintenance break after 18 hours of operation? Anyone in attractions want to check and correct me?)

AVP

I Heart Disneyland!
01-29-2005, 09:50 PM
No inside track. Just been Disneyland hundreds of times, especially grand openings of most every attraction in the last 25 years.

:D

Now I am wishing I were going in July too....and NOT just May! Boy it would be fun to be at DL in the middle of the night, or watch the sunrise inside the gates!!! :D I DID buy that annual pass this week...hmmmm.......

Disney Vault
01-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Now I really want to go too. Too bad I don't even know when my next trip will be. Probably years away.

Disneyfreak
01-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Sounds like a great party.
Except Space isn't scheduled to re-open until the fall. Or did I miss something?

http://miceage.com/allutz/al012805a.htm
Try this, it will explain how Space Mountain has a good chance of opening on 7-17-05.:)

Terri
01-31-2005, 10:09 AM
I want to be there!!!
Instead...I'm booked for 5/26 - 6/1...just 115 more days to a total Disney immersion!!
:fez: