PDA

View Full Version : Vacation countdown! This old broad is going to Disneyland!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Hakuna Makarla
01-29-2005, 10:54 AM
I decided I was going to go no matter what and all by my self! my sister will take my kids ( for the first time ever) and I will get to go and enjoy the park all by my self! No crying kids, no running around trying to get on the rides and again listening to fussy kids because the lines are to long, no getting to go on the big rides because the kids are to small and to afraid. No stress ! just doing what I want to do !!

Just me and the california screaming whooooo hooooooooooo !!

I plan to drive to Spokane, drop of the kidlets, and fly to orange county on the fourth of april. Stay 4 days and fly back on the 8th to pick them up.
I am so excited!! Gosh now I got to lose some of this blubber! what an incentive!!
whooooo hooooooooo

stinkerbell
01-29-2005, 10:57 AM
Sounds like a great plan! And a good time to go, too. :) Have fun planning!!

sdfilmcritic
01-29-2005, 10:57 AM
Old broad my booty!! ;)

Hakuna Makarla
01-29-2005, 11:00 AM
I love my kids, heck my world revolves around them, but to acually go and see all there is to see and not have to stop often because the little ones are tired, or they do not want to walk any more, or they do not want to do what I want, man I feel so good just thinking I will for the first time in my life have a vacation qwith out having to do what every one else wants to do. JUst me and me alone ( oh and who ever wants to ride screaming with me LOL! )

rentayenta
01-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Good for you!!!

I am so excited for you! When did you decide this? Where are you staying? Did you get a good deal?

disneyperson
01-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Yay for you!!!!! I loved taking my kids when they were little, but it was very much all about them and making sure they had a great time. Now that my daughter is a teen,and a DL addict, it's sooooooo much fun to run around and do whatever we want whenever we want. I'm so glad you are doing this for yourself.You both need and deserve it.

Wendi
01-29-2005, 11:08 AM
OMG Karla!!! I'm so excited for you!!! I have a not-so-secret fantasy plan of getting someone to watch Max for me for one entire day so I can jump on an early flight, go to DLR all day alone and fly back on the last flight of the day... ahhhhh... what a dream! You are so lucky!!! I wish I could be there with you, but then I guess it wouldn't be the same for ya.

Hakuna Makarla
01-29-2005, 11:23 AM
I woke up this morning and thought, you know I have never asked my sister for anything, I wonder if she would take the kids for me and I could acually afford to go to disneyland by my self! At first I thought, man you are shelfish!! But then I thought, wait, I took them, I am a good mom, but what about me? I did not get to see 75% of disneyland. Beau was just crying all the time, no one wanted to go on the big rides, so I was stuck 75% of the time in DCa with the small rides. I am goign to pay half my car payments for the year off and use the other half for a trip! ( thank goodness for tax time!! )
I saw some awsome deals on flights out of spokane and motel added was less the 500.00 !!

Hakuna Makarla
01-29-2005, 11:24 AM
oh and I had to choose these days because thats when spring break is and she works full time other wise. also my kids are on spring break here to! So it all works out yeah!

Emma
01-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Karla, I am SO SO SO excited for you. :)

Now you have to get Coaster Chickie to meet you down there and go on rides with you.

Hakuna Makarla
01-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Yep!! I can not wait to tell her!! And Kelly ( kmatsumara is there to!! ) we are also going to go to knotts together !

CrazyTrain
01-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Awww, that's great!
No guilt - everyone deserves a REAL vacation now and then! :D
Have a blast!!!

Emma
01-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Yep!! I can not wait to tell her!! And Kelly ( kmatsumara is there to!! ) we are also going to go to knotts together !

You guys should have a blast. Make sure and ride theSupreme Scream (http://www.knotts.com/park/tour/brdwalk/sscream.shtml) , the XCelerator (http://www.knotts.com/park/tour/brdwalk/xcelerator.shtml) and Ghost Rider (http://www.knotts.com/park/tour/gtown/grfacts.shtml)

Hakuna Makarla
01-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Geez emma, I have not been on a coaster in 30 years! I hope my heart can take it. Tower of terror was a ride in its self. I plan on living on the edge for that 4 days ha ha ha ,

kisroo
01-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Yay for you, Karla!!! Have a wonderful time and ride the ToT for me! ;)
~kisroo:)

I Heart Disneyland!
01-29-2005, 03:35 PM
I am SOOOO happy for you Karla!!! I spent a half day alone at DL once, and I had a blast! My hubby was at a business meeting, and I didn't have to answer for my shopping, no kids to worry about, and I could ride the ride I want!!! You are going to have a blast, I bet Chickie will drive down and meet you...that would be SO fun for you!!! You deserve this break from reality, you are an amazing mommy and grandmommy, and you have been doing for others forever!! TIME FOR KARLA!!!!! :D :D Wish I could meet you there!

mad4mky
01-29-2005, 04:24 PM
As much as I love my girls Karla...and love taking them to DL...going without them sometimes is GREAT!!!

You will have a great time...and you will get to do everything YOU want to do.

Congratulations on your plans. :D

Hakuna Makarla
01-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Thank you so much. I was feeling guilty at first, then I thought, hey a lot of people go with out kids, why do I have to feel bad! I have been on here all day looking for good deals, man my eyes hurt!

mad4mky
01-29-2005, 06:11 PM
:)
Thank you so much. I was feeling guilty at first, then I thought, hey a lot of people go with out kids, why do I have to feel bad! I have been on here all day looking for good deals, man my eyes hurt!

NO GUILT!

Heck, the first time I went to WDW...and on the Disney Cruise, it was just hubby and I. We had so much fun though, that we couldn't stand it, and exactly a year later, we took the girls.

But, I also did DL Paris with hubby...well...Lindsay too (but she was living in Paris at the time!).

Hubby and I went to DL on Christmas Day, and a few days afterwards without the girls. Going with just him is very special. I am going to DLR in March...alone. And cannot wait. I get to do what I WANT...no one else (course, hubby lets me do that too! :D :p ).

NO GUILT Karla. You'll have a ball...AND...you'll go back to your sweet grandkids, a more relaxed, happy grandma....something I am sure they will be happy about! :) I am sure they love seeing you happy too. (not that you aren't already!). ;)

disney jones
01-29-2005, 06:11 PM
karla, maybe i'll sneak over there too, but you HAVE to do the Maliboomer - any fool can can ride ToT and California Screamin', but it takes a crazy fool to ride the Maliboomer - i think you fit the profile! :p

disney jones
01-29-2005, 06:18 PM
i snuck over there too once without the girls. i certainly didn't feel guilty about it because of all the days and nights i spent pushing the girls miles around the parks, especially since i couldn't do all the thrill rides at DCA with them.

Tip #1 - i never did tell the girls i went without them, i never saw the point in making this confession. they may have handled it ok, but then again, they may have been mad at me - i just never saw the point of telling them about it.

Tip #2 - pace yourself. i was at DCA right when it opened and proceeded to ride each thrill ride at least two times each. By noon, i was bushed. I stumbled over to Disneyland and all i could do was sit in Frontierland, ride the Mark Twain, and watch the Billy's. At least now though, i know what old people do when they go to DLR, so i have my itinerary when i go 50 years from now for the 100th Anniversary Celebration! :D

Hakuna Makarla
01-29-2005, 06:25 PM
yep, Disney jones I could probably do that. it does not look to me as bad as screaming. ( or am I nuts ? LOL!
Thank you mad4mky! I am so glad to be doing it on my own! I decided I was not going to worry about my kids. My rachal is ok with me going, the boys I will not discuss my trip with until the time it gets closer so they do not get to worrying and fretting. I want to be able to go guilt free and loving it! Why I have been on this computer so long my bum hurts LOL! I found a great deal for flight and motel for 693.00 and that includes 3 day park hopper and knotts! It is for the best western anaheim inn. I was thinking the hojo but thats farther away and I want to be able to stay in down town disney later. I do not want to walk so far once I leave the park. ( I am going to have a drink if they have them in down town disney. maybe a margarita yumm the last time I had one was when I was in sandiego and my daughter had a fit ( you know drinking is terrible speech those grade school kids give ya) I had not had a margarita before that in many years. So I want a drink to relax and enjoy my self with! plus maybe see a movie,. man I have not seen the inside of a theater in so long ( I think when Rachal was a baby. ( shes 10 now!!
gosh this is like letting the beast out of the cage and running free :)

SCUBAbe
01-29-2005, 06:26 PM
woo hoo!! I'm so happy for you. You will have a blast..:)

Hakuna Makarla
01-29-2005, 06:26 PM
I forgot to add the 693.00 also has 2 bus transfers to and from the airport. man I hope these prices last 2 weeks until I can pay for it!!

Hakuna Makarla
01-29-2005, 06:30 PM
woo hoo!! I'm so happy for you. You will have a blast..:)

Thanks ScuBabe, I did not forget how much you blessed me the last trip.you went and got me those early admission tickets to DCA for tot and I will be ever so grateful. That is the only reasdon I got to go on tot, and it was so fun. I only rode 4 big rides when I was there last, splash, tot, soaring and the sun wheel.
I would have gone away being so depressed if I would have missed tot! This time I am going early, and standing in line for the big rides! star tours, indiana jones, haunted mansion ( nope kids would not go on it) tot about 20 times. man I have a long list!

Again ScuBAbe thank you for blessing me!