PDA

View Full Version : I must be crazy

Lost Boy
12-16-2001, 05:45 PM
Last weekend I spent Saturday and Sunday at the Disneyland Resort. Did DCA on Saturday and Disneyland on Sunday. Stayed at the Super 8 Motel on Katella. Video taped a lot of stuff, saw Blast, missed Luminaria because they cancelled it due to high winds. Had a great day at Disneyland. Looked at pin carts in both parks and saw nothing of interest. So far nothing crazy yet.
I got home and a friend emailed to ask if I got the Peter Pan Electrical Parade Float Pin and the Max on Roller Blades Pin. I am a big Peter Pan fan and love Goofy and his kid, Max. I saw neither of these pins so of course I had to go back today (Sunday) to look for them. 3 hours down by MTA transportation systems, more than an hour looking for these two pins, and 3 hours back home. Nothing. Cast members didn't know what I was talking about. No one admitted to ever seeing a Peter Pan Parade Float and most of them didn't even know who Max was. I could not afford to go into the Parks, so I had to confine my looking to Downtown Disney and the Hotels. World of Disney had a Mr. Smee pin, but no Peter Pan Float Pin. The DD Pin Cart had nothing. The pin cart at the Disneyland Hotel had nothing and did not know what I was talking about. The Paradise Pier Hotel has close their Pin Cart and moved the pins into the store on two spinner racks. Neither pin was there either.

Has anyone seen these pins. Do they exist? I want them but I can't go through this long trip thing again. Can anybody help me?

MammaSilva
12-16-2001, 05:59 PM
Lostboy, I recommend you email Adrianne V at MouseShoppe and ask for her assistance, I'm not a pin collector per se so I can't help you as to the exsistance of the pins but IF anyone can help it would be MouseShoppe!

EandCDad
12-16-2001, 08:43 PM
Post if you get a lead on them by Friday. We are going on Friday and I would be happy to stop by the pin carts in DL and DCA to see if they have those pins (assuming someone tells me where they are, the carts I mean). We will check back on this thread before Friday, so let me know.

Cadaverous Pallor
12-17-2001, 03:38 PM
When in doubt about a pin, hit up pinpics.com.

I found it for you!
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=6506&sid=2995.1008636834

At least it exists.

Lost Boy
12-17-2001, 05:57 PM
All I know is that the pins were spotted in DCA and at the Grand Californian Hotel (which I didn't even think to look in yesterday). The pin carts are all over DCA and I have no idea where the pin cart in the hotel is having never been in the hotel before.
I saw the Peter Pan pin in the link that Cadaverous Pallor posted and found three pins with Max on them. I never saw the one with the surfboard or the one of Max leaping up in the air. I don't think either one is the one that was mentioned, but anything with Max on it fine by me. I saw the Christmas Pin at the Paradise Pier hotel but it is too expensive at $12.50 and I wasn't all that impressed with it. I want to keep in the $6.50 to $8.50 price range.
Thank you for any help you can give me as I have not idea when I will be able to get back to the Park.

lisap
12-17-2001, 06:23 PM
Hi Lost Boy--
As eandc said, we are going Friday and would be happy to check into the pin thing for you at DCA and at the Grand Ca. If anyone finds them before Friday for Lost Boy please post here so we don't duplicate.

We have never ever bought a single pin before so this will be a fun adventure for us...;) Hope it's not the start of some new addiction...

Not Afraid
12-17-2001, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by lisap
Hope it's not the start of some new addiction...

Beware! Its the first pin that gets you hooked:) . I have been resisting the urge, knowing my extreme personality, but I do find myself looking.....

MammaSilva
12-17-2001, 06:35 PM
I resisted and resisted until we were there for Walts Birthday, I just HAD to have those special birthday ones....now I have to worry about getting the other 5 of the set of six UGH.. but it's all good, that means 5 trips to my favorite place in the next year :)

Cadaverous Pallor
12-17-2001, 07:09 PM
Oops, forgot to look for the Max pin...and now that I did, Lost Boy's right, it's not there.

The only thing that stopped me from collecting pins is that I'm too cheap to allow myself to spend that much for little bits of decorative metal. I have a few, and I always look at the carts, but I didn't let it get any bigger than that. It's all a matter of will power.....which is hard to remember when you're in the Magic Kingdom. :)

Good luck finding those pins!

Tink
12-17-2001, 07:17 PM
I almost bought that Peter Pan pin when I was there back in September! I thought it was so clever the way Peter is able to "fly" over the ship!

Great pin! Get it if you can.

EandCDad
12-21-2001, 08:57 PM
The Search is over!
Lisap and I were able to find the pins in DCA today. We got them for Lost Boy and have arranged to send them to him.

Lost Boy
12-21-2001, 09:29 PM
And once again, I thank you so very much. It may seem trivial to some, but I really, really appreciate this.

:D :D :D

Cadaverous Pallor
12-23-2001, 12:35 PM
Nothing is trivial when it comes to Disney obsessions! ;)