PDA

View Full Version : where do we eat?

curious
01-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Where are the best, but cheapest places to eat in Disneyland and DCA? We will be there 3 days.
Thanks

01-28-2005, 10:47 AM
I think Whitewater Snacks owes me a commission! I'm always pointing people to it.

It's in the Grand Californian Hotel and offers a good assortment of burgers, nachos, etc. plus healthier choices like fruit plates, juices, etc. Nice prices, good food, calm atmosphere.

Surfingstitch
01-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Corndog Wagon and Castle. The corndogs are huge!

Wendi
01-28-2005, 11:17 AM
I second Whitewater Snacks in Disney's Grand Californian. Another good cheap spot is Napolini in DTD - Max and I shared a dish of Mac & Cheese one night sitting on a bench in DTD, I think it was less than $6... don't go to Naples though, unless you don't mind the complete lack of service. La Brea Bakery is pretty good too, but it's been a couple of years since I've eaten there.

Elways way
01-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Whitewater withouut a doubt! Great food that doesn't kill your budget!

Andrew
01-28-2005, 12:39 PM
The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass through three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival, Inquiry and Sophistication, otherwise known as the How, Why and Where phases.

For instance, the first phase is characterized by the question "How can we eat?" the second by the question "Why do we eat?" and the third by the question "Where shall we have lunch?"
-- Douglas Adams

Whitewater, Napolini, Tortilla Jo's Cantina or Taqueria (not the main restaurant), Uva Bar are good, mostly inexpensive choices in DtD.
Taste Pilot's Grill in DCA wasn't too expensive last time I checked, and the toppings bar is great.
Two adults can easily split a cobb salad and perhaps a child's chicken meal at Plaza Inn--the salad portion is huge.

cstephens
01-28-2005, 01:16 PM
OWWWWW, fluorescent green! :eek:

Andrew
01-28-2005, 01:17 PM
OWWWWW, fluorescent green! :eek:
It was supposed to be green on black, but we can't change the background color.

Stupid_American
01-28-2005, 01:29 PM
At $6, the turkey leg is a lot of food for the buck!

http://home.pacbell.net/dagravy/leg.jpg

The Lovely Mrs. tod
01-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Whitewater. No question about it.

hbquikcomjamesl
01-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Dunno about cheapest; it's never really come up. But an all-white-meat chicken dinner at the Plaza Inn is A LOT of REALLY GOOD chook for the money!

QueenAlisha
01-28-2005, 02:28 PM
The corn Dog Place, YUM!