PDA

View Full Version : November 2001 Disney trip

Kallie
12-16-2001, 03:43 PM
What a great trip. Had not been there for about 5 years ?? Purchased the 3/5 day flex pass. First day there was a Tuesday. We practically walked on to every ride. What a treat. We did all our old favorites as well as most of the "younger'" type rides like Wild Toad. Are they really going to close Wild Toad. What a shame. It is excellent and the front of the building is so neat. The next day we finished up what we missed the day before and then repeated several of our favorites again and again. Next day was DCA. Since I had read several reviews, I decided to approach this park as a non-Disney park. On that note-- I enjoyed it for what it is. Fun, different, interesting but easily completed in one day. Saw everything including Blast. Excellent show. I think some folks are underestimating the farm ??? area. We enjoyed looking at the things growing and enjoyed both the bakery tour and the torilla tour. Remember, not everyone has the same interests. Fourth day, Universal. Last day was our "no pressure to ride the rides day" because we had done everything that we wanted, over and over. This was our shopping day, exploring day, and going into the Horseshoe Saloon again for a different show day, riding the ship day etc. etc. WELL, it was a good thing because it was a Saturday and the place had transformed into something that we remembered from the past !!!! Crowds, and more crowds of people. LOL. Wow. No lack of tourist that day. All and all, the trip was great. Ate 3 times at the Blue Bayou and never a bad meal. Lunch of course, to keep the price down. Love that place !! Well, if you have any questions, just ask.

Nigel2
12-16-2001, 09:21 PM
[Are they really going to close Wild Toad. What a shame. It is excellent and the front of the building is so neat. [/B][/QUOTE]
I haven't heard anything about them closing Mr Toads Wild ride, you are probably confusing it for the one at WDW that was replaced by pooh and here our our Country Bears are now rugs in pressler's office and the theater is believed to be replaced with a pooh attraction.

Morrigoon
12-16-2001, 09:37 PM
Shyeah, like he even respects them enough to keep them in his office.