PDA

View Full Version : My First Annual Pass!

I Heart Disneyland!
01-27-2005, 09:52 PM
I just ordered our first Disneyland Annual Passes from the Disneyland website! I am SO excited!!! (Simple things for simple minds!) Conveniently one of the black out dates (we got the Deluxe one, not the more fancy one) is the day we fly out of L.A., so, that worked out nicely! (May 7) :) Now if I want another DL trip this year, I can say to hubby, "But, we already have the passes!" ;) And we have tons of air miles, so, the airfare cost zilch. They only cost $40 more (per pass) than the 5 day pass, so, what the heck! This 50th anniversary thing is making me do craaaazy things! ha!

sdfilmcritic
01-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Congrats and welcome to the club you fellow "arrogant" APer. :p (tongue in cheek)

I Heart Disneyland!
01-28-2005, 12:00 AM
Congrats and welcome to the club you fellow "arrogant" APer. :p (tongue in cheek)

Haha! I love it! :)

Tutter
01-28-2005, 05:11 AM
Having only become a AP holder myself in December I can share your excitement. I was showing it to everyone I knew, but they weren't that impressed - it was more an embarressed "oh that's nice" as pity filled their eyes for this sad person who was excited by a piece of plastic with his photo on it. :D

Aaaah I am glad I am not as mad as I sometimes think.

RStar
01-28-2005, 06:11 AM
Hey Titter, now if only they sold APs to Scotland! Now there's a pass I'd show everyone! I'm planning my first trip to Europe this September, not sure if well make it to Scotland, but I hope to.

I got my first AP in 1994, and can't help but to renew every year. Still not board with it, although I don't go on the rides very much any more. I still go to the parks at least twice a month. I went the other day in a light rain durring a week day just to right Tower of Terror and Indy because I knew I could just walk on..... ah, the pleasure of being so close and having an AP!

When I fisrt got it I was there almost every weekend for the first year. The original excitement has deminished a bit, but it still there today.

Have a great time on all your trips "I heart Disneyland"!

tlovesdis
01-28-2005, 06:28 AM
I've never had an AP, but plan on upgrading to one during my October trip. OUr tickets are $159 so for only $50 more I can get an AP! I plan on going a few times in 2006 to make it worth while!

disney jones
01-28-2005, 07:07 AM
congratulations, IHD!

my girls love their APs - their first picture IDs! :)

i let them carry them to the front gate and hand them to the CM - they are so proud when they do that, and the CM's love it too.

MrsG
01-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Congratulations and welcome to our "exclusive" (over 600,000) club! You'll never go back!

Mommy2NicknMax
01-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Congratulations! I just got mine in December (got the deluxe too) and when I see it, I smile. Of course now that I have it I'm trying to justify more trips! My husband just rolls his eyes at me.

cstephens
01-28-2005, 10:35 AM
I just ordered our first Disneyland Annual Passes from the Disneyland website! I am SO excited!!! (Simple things for simple minds!) Conveniently one of the black out dates (we got the Deluxe one, not the more fancy one) is the day we fly out of L.A., so, that worked out nicely! (May 7) :) Now if I want another DL trip this year, I can say to hubby, "But, we already have the passes!" ;) And we have tons of air miles, so, the airfare cost zilch. They only cost $40 more (per pass) than the 5 day pass, so, what the heck! This 50th anniversary thing is making me do craaaazy things! ha!

Oh, great, another person who's gonna want their feet kissed. ;)

Congrats!

I Heart Disneyland!
01-28-2005, 10:35 AM
I just got a thought....didn't think of it before buying my annual pass! Can you go in to DCA with the annual pass? I hope so, my hubby loves Soarin'. I didn't even THINK of that part!!! :|

Mommy2NicknMax
01-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Yes you can. :)

cstephens
01-28-2005, 10:46 AM
I just got a thought....didn't think of it before buying my annual pass! Can you go in to DCA with the annual pass? I hope so, my hubby loves Soarin'. I didn't even THINK of that part!!! :|

Yep. All APs are two-park passes.

I Heart Disneyland!
01-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Yes you can. :)

Phew....momentary panic set in!!!!! :D Thank you to both of you...now I can relax!

Wendi
01-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Congratulations... I got all excited when I got mine too... I guess we're just Disney Dorks. I can't wait to get Max's first AP on our next trip (he's 3 now)!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-28-2005, 12:14 PM
Congratulations! I loved having my AP and getting hubby to go because things are paid for is a plus. hehe

I Heart Disneyland!
01-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Oh, great, another person who's gonna want their feet kissed. ;)

Congrats!

Ah yes, the royal treatment. I shall be prancing through the gates, doing my princess wave and saying, "That's MRS. I Heart to you, my dear." ;) I can hardly wait! When you order it by mail, do you just take the picture when you get there?? So many questions, I am so new to this annual pass stuff!

kohl
01-28-2005, 01:38 PM
You will get a ticket in the mail that says which pass you bought on the back. You need to go to the AP processing and they will take your picture and put all your info into the computer.
We love having our passes. I wish we could visit more than we do, but we already take our kids out of school AT LEAST 10 days just to visit Disneyland.
My husband does not do well in crowds so we avoid holidays. I might need to bug him more to go!!!!