PDA

View Full Version : Princess Breakfast

MOUSELUVR
01-27-2005, 06:52 PM
We have reservations for the Princess Breakfast at the Plaza Inn in February. Just wondering if anyone has been and how it compares the the other charater dining.

Thanks!

My2kidsrule
01-27-2005, 08:58 PM
We did it in November. Both kids (4YO boy, 2YO girl) had a great time. there's a constant rotation of the princesses/dudes, and it worked well. We liked it better than the one at PCH Grill, to be honest. Maybe it's because it was in the park. But we had a good time. and the food was surprisingly good. a lot of fresh stuff.

got2travel
01-28-2005, 08:23 AM
I did it a few weeks ago, and sad to say I won't be back. We've done Goofy's Kitchen several times and love it. But I decided to schedule the princess breakfast since it was in the park and therefore more convenient.

We had a very late seating at 10:20 and didn't have to wait long to get seated. Unfortunately, the CM walked us towards it and it was still being cleaned! She joint points to it and says that will be our table and we could just go ahead and start getting food, it should be clean by the time we come back. Its not like the place was crowded or anything, there were plenty of other clean tables.

The characters came around at first. But later in the morning, we saw Bert and Mary Poppins. They stopped a few tables away from us then went outside. We were not the only family in that area, so its not like they didn't see us. Then we see Aladdin and Jasmine come in from visiting the outside tables but they just stayed in the center area once they came in. By the time I realized they were not going to each table, they were leaving. When I asked the CM, she said they were not coming back. I mentioned the Bert and Mary incident, and she did go get them to come see us. The character interaction really just wasn't up to the standards we were used to. It had nothing to do with the late seating, we always get a late seating when we do breakfast and this was the first time it didn't work out.

Now for the food, as something ran out, they didn't replace it. Ok, I'll admit this may be due to it getting close to the lunch hour, but again, we've always done the late breakfast and have never had our choices limited as something ran out. And for the fresh made omletes, mine was good, but I had to wait about 15 mins for it. There was not a long line, only 2 people in front of me. But the CM was only cooking 1 at a time, even though he had 3 burners available.

We'll be going back to Goofy's Kitchen or maybe trying Storyteller's next time.

SteveK
01-28-2005, 09:50 AM
What's the price? We're thinking about doing it for my daughters 4th birthday in May.
Thanks,
Steve

tlovesdis
01-28-2005, 10:01 AM
What's the price? We're thinking about doing it for my daughters 4th birthday in May.
Thanks,
Steve

With tax the adult price is about $25 and the child is like $22 or so.

tlovesdis
01-28-2005, 10:04 AM
We did it in December and probably won't do it again for a while. The food was awful. NOt a great variety, stuff was cold, just not that appetizing. Goofy's food is so much better.

When we go in October we are not doing a character breakfast (for the first time in a very long time). We did both the Princess breakfast and Lilo & Stitch in December and are a little tired of the breakfast thing! We are going to do a character dinner instead!

I will say though that the character interaction at both the Princess and Lilo & Stitch was good, but for my it is not worth it to pay $25 for great character interaction and terrible food. I can see the characters in the park for free (well, not for free, but you know what I mean!).

amismo
01-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Ariel's grotto in CA is really nice!!!! The food is prety good, cheaper - and you meet Mickey, Minnie, Goofy etc We ave started doing that as a lunch on our visits. It's not a buffet - you have a choice of 6 entrees - runs about $15 (I am pretty sure).

MOUSELUVR
01-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the info...we have done Ariel's several times and really enjoyed it, maybe we'll just go back there instead or head over to Goofy's.

Thanks again!

kbanmen
01-28-2005, 09:08 PM
ariels grotto is a good bet in my books..I loved it there so did my girls

Metal God
01-29-2005, 11:00 PM
We did it for my 2 year old. He loves snow white and we had him dressed as Prince Charming.( very cool pic from that) My wife took him to find her because she was late in coming and she told him that he was the first boy to come dressed that way. She adored him. We also had several characters come by. I understand about getting stiffed by characters but it happens at all of the character buffets. We got stiffed by a few at goofy's kitchen.Overall I really dug the Breakfast good food and cool restaurant. I like the atmosphere there in the morning.

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
01-31-2005, 08:10 PM
We just did the Princess breakfast on Saturday (1/29). While the food isn't as good as Goofy's Kitchen, the character interaction more than made up for it. My girls are 1, 3 and 5 and adore anything to do with the princesses, so this was a dream come true for them. When we checked in our CM said "would the royal family please step this way," then gave the girls paper crowns and the Princess Breakfast buttons. Cinderella and Jasmine spent a lot of time at our table, played with the baby, asked about my 5 year old's birthday, etc. Genie, Belle and Mary poppins also visited for quite awhile. It was well worth it for us. That being said, they also had fantastic character interaction at the animation studio in CA--lots of time with Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.

disneychelle
02-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Did they do that for all families or was there a birthday happening for you all? My little princess would love the crown/button surprise and I would book it just for that and Jasmine alone!

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
02-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Did they do that for all families or was there a birthday happening for you all? My little princess would love the crown/button surprise and I would book it just for that and Jasmine alone!

The crown and button are standard for everyone at the Princess breakfast. Aladdin and Genie also came to the table for awhile, which was a thrill for my girls.

Hawaiian Cinderella
02-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Just booked for the Princess Breakfast on 3/18....we also booked for Goofy's on the 20th....My daughter is REALLY looking forward to the princess breakfast...nice to hear about the crown and the button...thanks...