PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian [mug] question

bassett1976
01-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Do they happen to have the resort mugs like they do at WDW at the Grand Ca?

My wife and I are visiting this weekend for a de-stressing weekend at DLR.

Any other things that we should know about GCH? What to catch, what to avoid, what request should we make?

ftroop6
01-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Bassett1976,
They have a mug to purchase in the frig in the room. I have never purchased it so I'm not sure as to the price or if it includes refills or not.

This is my families favorite DLR hotel. We love Storytellers Cafe and White Water Snacks is a great affordable place for snacks or for dinner by the pool.
Napa Rose is suppose to be great. We usually travel with kids so we have made it there yet.

We also love to sit out on the 5th floor deck and enjoy a beverage.
Last year we finally did the "Art of the Craft" tour and fully enjoyed it.
Have a wonderful trip. This is a great place to de-stress.

SCUBAbe
01-27-2005, 07:07 PM
I purchased the mug at the white water place when I stayed at GCH. The refills were free as long as we use that cup..:)

bassett1976
01-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Napa Rose is suppose to be great. We usually travel with kids so we have made it there yet.

We got to eat here during our honeymoon. It was wonderful! I would go again but we don't usually spend $100 on one meal.

bassett1976
01-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Thanks ftroop for your info!

Thanks Scubabe, might have to get the mug, especially if it has free refills.

Wendi
01-27-2005, 07:52 PM
I'm pretty sure it's $7.95. I would go down to get coffee each morning while everyone was getting ready in the room, then on our way out to the parks I'd fill it with Coke (or whatever), I usually filled it at least one other time each day. It's a huge money saver if you are already going to buy sodas while you're there.

SoCalDisneyLover
01-27-2005, 08:03 PM
It's a great mug, and easily pays for itself if you use it a couple of times. I've used mine about 5-10 times. One word of caution though, it doesn't hold much liquid. If you fill it with soda especially, expect to finish it quickly. You may want to fill it up, and drink some right there, and then fill it to the top again before you leave White Water Snacks. Oh, and beware of White Water Snacks. It's impossible to walk in there without seeing something you want to buy. They have Hot Food, Bakery Items, Candy, Chips, Ice Cream, Fruit, Drinks, Coffee. A decent value too, although not as much so as before they raised their prices last year.