PDA

View Full Version : Bengal BBQ

Surfingstitch
01-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Is it open?

I want to try it next time I go.

What is good, what should I stay away from?

Chadsgal
01-27-2005, 03:12 PM
I don't know if it is presently open but I do know that I LOVE EVERYTHING!!!! I normally will get the chicken and a vegi skewers!!!

MrsG
01-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Last time I was there (2 weeks ago?), it was open - yeah! I always get the chicken and asparagus.

theyates6
01-27-2005, 03:42 PM
The chicken skewers are really good and the bacon wrapped asparagus is my favorite DL food...yes, I love it even more than churros and english toffee! (Well, maybe not more than the english toffee :) ) I find the beef just okay, and most of the time the veggies are not cooked quite enough for me.

Stupid_American
01-27-2005, 03:46 PM
It was open today.

kbanmen
01-27-2005, 04:03 PM
You know, I never actually looked at what they serve there? IT does smell sooooo good though. What are the ranges of prices there??

I Heart Disneyland!
01-27-2005, 04:06 PM
It's SOOOO good! We love both the chicken and beef skewers. If memory serves me, they are about $5 for each skewer (which has 3-4 pieces of meat on it). The veggies are great too. Yummmy! Cannot wait to get there in May!

kbanmen
01-27-2005, 04:07 PM
I will have to try it..because it does smelll sooooooo good

cstephens
01-27-2005, 06:28 PM
I tried the chicken skewer recently, and I thought it was ok, but boring enough that I won't be ordering it again. My favorite is the banyan beef (the spicy one, if I've got that right - I think the bengal is the sweet sauce). I also like the vegetables. I've tried a piece of the asparagus and bacon, and I like it enough, but it's so little food for so much money.

kohl
01-27-2005, 06:48 PM
I also thought it was a lot of money, but not a lot of food. My husband loves the place and always gets something. It's more of a snack place than a meal for him.

izzysmom
01-27-2005, 09:06 PM
The bacon wrapped asparagus ROCKS!!!

dlandnut
01-28-2005, 06:44 AM
The last time we went to DL, I remembered that I had read about the bacon wrapped asparagas and that it was a favorite of the Cast Members. So, we went to the Bengal BBQ and placed an order. They were wonderful! We (hubby and I) ordered them as a snack to share, but ended up ordering more since they were soooo good. :)

TikiGeek
01-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Ate there yesterday. The only skewer they did not have on the menu was the "special" - the fish/veggie with lime marinade (very good!). The chicken and the asparagus wrapped in bacon are always excellent, the beef can sometimes be tough.

Surfingstitch
01-28-2005, 07:37 AM
The last time we went to DL, I remembered that I had read about the bacon wrapped asparagas and that it was a favorite of the Cast Members. So, we went to the Bengal BBQ and placed an order. They were wonderful! We (hubby and I) ordered them as a snack to share, but ended up ordering more since they were soooo good. :)

Is it just one asparagas?

TikiGeek
01-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Is it just one asparagas?It's 6 -2 inch pieces of asparagus, wrapped in bacon of course - extremely good! IMHO - well worth the $3.29 (or was it $3.79?).

MrsG
01-28-2005, 08:59 AM
I also thought it was a lot of money, but not a lot of food. My husband loves the place and always gets something. It's more of a snack place than a meal for him.
Definitely just a snack, unless you want to spend $20 on several skewers! But very tasty snack indeed.

Opus1guy
01-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Definitely just a snack, unless you want to spend $20 on several skewers! But very tasty snack indeed.

Anyone recall when Bengal first opened? The skewers were like $1.29 each. The lines were huge and Guests flooded City Hall with compliments about what a good deal and value these were.

Well, Disney was listening. About 1 month later...the prices more than doubled!

And the lines went way down. But I'm sure it makes them more money with the higher prices, even if the volume was cut.

cstephens
01-28-2005, 10:33 AM

That's generally what prevents me from eating there more often. It's actually fairly expensive if you order enough to make a meal. And you have to find somewhere to sit and eat, since there is very little seating in that area. Last time, we took our food and sat at one of the outdoor tables at River Belle.

I Heart Disneyland!
01-28-2005, 10:58 AM
The bacon wrapped asparagus ROCKS!!!

Since when do they have THIS??? Oh my gosh....we WILL be having some of these in May! YUM!!!

Opus1guy
01-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Since when do they have THIS???

Since way back when Bengal BBQ first opened. :)

PhishyBrewer
01-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Had the chicken skewers on Tuesday... Very good and a cheap snack! awesome BBQ sauce!

I Heart Disneyland!
01-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Since way back when Bengal BBQ first opened. :)

Seriously, Opus? I have missed these treats for decades? Oh man, I should be slapped! ;)

Opus1guy
01-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Oh man, I should be slapped!

* * W H A C K ! ! * *

:)

I Heart Disneyland!
01-28-2005, 08:52 PM
* * W H A C K ! ! * *

:)

Birds flying around my head, I hear chirping.....lookie at the pretty stars...clunk!