PDA

View Full Version : Anybody own a Treadclimber?

sdfilmcritic
01-27-2005, 05:19 AM
Do you use it often and do you like it?

stan4d_steph
01-27-2005, 05:56 AM
A perfect subject for the exercise and health forum, so off it goes!

I've never used a treadclimber, but they seem really expensive. My gym has some new Precor machines that seem like a cross between a stairclimber and an elliptical machine. Those things give a good workout. :)

Bill Catherall
01-27-2005, 11:26 AM
I don't own one. I've never used one. I've only seen them on TV.

There are so many moving parts that I'd be concerned with how robust they are. They seem too complex to be something that is low maintenance.

Mooshu
01-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Is that the machine that has the moving stairs? If it is ... there is one at my gym I use every so often. I have to admit it is a better workout on the hamstrings and glutes than running on a treadmill at an incline.

Bill Catherall
01-27-2005, 07:24 PM
It's like a cross between an eliptical trainer and a treadmill. There are basically two treadmills (one for each foot) that move up and down. I really don't see how it would be better than an eliptical trainer.

Emma
01-27-2005, 09:00 PM
My gym has some new Precor machines that seem like a cross between a stairclimber and an elliptical machine. Those things give a good workout. :)

I LOVE those! Put them up as high as they go, and do the "gluteal" workout. Makes my booty feel nice and firm. ;)