PDA

View Full Version : What is your DLR hidden discovery?

sdfilmcritic
01-27-2005, 03:49 AM
Did you discover a little hidden treasure at DL or DCA that may not be so easily noticeable? One little Hidden Treasure I found at DL was the upstairs bedroom window right next to the Big Ben clocktower at the front entrance of Peter Pan's Flight. Last time I took a glance up at the window there were stuffed teddy bears on display in the window and if you listened closely you could hear Peter and Wendy talking to each other. Another one is Walt's initials melded into the framework of the Disney Gallery's wrought iron balcony fence.

01-27-2005, 05:51 AM
Not a revelation to many but tucked away nevertheless is Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian Hotel. Nice food, nice atmosphere, nice prices.

Disneynerd
01-27-2005, 06:27 AM
I don't know if these are necessarily "hidden" but they are little details that could go unnoticed by unappreciators...
The little chocolates left on my pillow at the GCH. They have images of Mickey, Donald, etc. in outdoorsey garb.
The mellow guitar music playing in certain areas of DCA.
The quiet walkway behind BTMRR.
The narrow walkway in New Orleans Square with the balcony scenes overhead.
The shaded area by Indian Jones that sells big pickles.
The arch you walk under upon entering the park that just hits you with the Disney-smell instantly.
The huge pink flowering trees by the ticket booths.
The little tiki bar by the Disneyland hotel.

I think I just got ahead of myself and started naming little things I really miss:crying: . That's okay, I'll be there in 47 days :)

Earkid
01-27-2005, 07:22 AM
I don't know if this is new, but when we ate at the Blue Bayou in December a man came out onto the upper balcony and began playing Christmas tunes quietly on an electric guitar. It's the first time I have seen that.

I also like watching the shooting star in the BB sky. DH laughs at me and says "Why do you need to see it over and over, it's the same every time".

Stupid_American
01-27-2005, 07:45 AM
I discovered the triple chocolate brownies!

The mellow guitar music playing in certain areas of DCA.
If you want some of your own, look up Craig Chaquico (http://www.craigchaquico.com/)
I believe the DCA stuff is off "Acoustic Planet".

MrsG
01-27-2005, 08:24 AM
One of my favorite places to escape the crowds and the heat. It's always a bit cooler over there.

I don't know if this is new, but when we ate at the Blue Bayou in December a man came out onto the upper balcony and began playing Christmas tunes quietly on an electric guitar. It's the first time I have seen that.
We heard some musicians on that balcony over Christmas too. But there were two guys. One of them was really bad and hubby mentioned it to the server. She said she had already had several complains about him.

disney jones
01-27-2005, 08:38 AM
i've got a photo log of my youngest in front of the retro gas pump at Condor Flats (DCA). i try to take a picture of her every time we're in DCA. It's right across from Soarin'.

It's red and white retro gas pump, and has the logo "Condor Gas", "It's the best, No fuelin"

Werner
01-27-2005, 08:54 AM
The arch you walk under upon entering the park that just hits you with the Disney-smell instantly.

YEAH! I love that smell, whatever it is....it really makes me feel like I'm there....there are lots of great smells throughout the Park! I especially love the "old" smell like in HM and POTC.....always amazed how they can replicate that over so many years....must be a potion of some sort, hmm?

cstephens
01-27-2005, 10:18 AM

Along those lines, the quiet walkway (unless there's a huge line, probably in summer) behind Grizzly River Rapids.

Disneynerd
01-27-2005, 12:03 PM
YEAH! I love that smell, whatever it is....it really makes me feel like I'm there....there are lots of great smells throughout the Park! I especially love the "old" smell like in HM and POTC.....always amazed how they can replicate that over so many years....must be a potion of some sort, hmm?

If that smell came in a bottle, I'd dab it behind my ears! I think it's just magic. Smells like old books, rubber and candy.

Rouxe1688
01-27-2005, 01:11 PM
It wasn't hidden but i didn't notice it till the show went on. There's a kind of random water and light show that goes on at the DL hotel, i never knew about it till i went out on my little deck of my hotel room and saw this huge water/light show going on right next to our building. It was great, so disney.
And i found a hidden mickey once, i think it was in line for dumbo but i'm not entirely sure. In the ground for the waiting line there was a, i guess it was ceramic, purple mickey head, the head was only a semi-circle but there ears were all there, pressed into the cement. I was so proud I'd found one.

sdfilmcritic
01-27-2005, 10:47 PM
I don't know if this is new, but when we ate at the Blue Bayou in December a man came out onto the upper balcony and began playing Christmas tunes quietly on an electric guitar. It's the first time I have seen that.I've seen the guiatar player there several times. But since we're on the BB subject, I noticed that the full moon seen on the other side of the bayou is blue!

GrumpyUTboi
01-28-2005, 07:39 AM
The air shafts that allow air flow out of POC. We found it on a hot day. They are along the wall by the Mark Twain/ canoe ride and the HM. When it was 90+ degrees outside you can sit by the vent and airconditioned air flows right on out and give you a break.

Along the same wall we discovered a BIG old rat and it scurried down a hole by the wall.

irreparable harm
01-28-2005, 11:56 AM
I’ve discovered that, try as I might, I am unable to find all 13 flags surrounding the Frontierland stockade as per the sign on the entry gate.

TheMur
01-28-2005, 12:54 PM
The opportunity to ride in the wheel house of the Mark Twain. Got to ring the bell and blow the whistle! My kids loved it.....I loved it!

sdfilmcritic
01-28-2005, 11:28 PM
Along the same wall we discovered a BIG old rat and it scurried down a hole by the wall.Have you seen the UGLY possum that crosses the railroad tracks over the ToonTown entrance? I've seen the little animal twice before.