PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday at home?

CaliforniaCrazy
12-15-2001, 04:50 PM
Now that almost everyone loves Haunted Mansion Holiday, is there anyone who is decorating their house in skulls and bats instead of the traditional yultide decorations? I have a little tree that I have decorated with orange lights, little skulls, and bats as ornaments. I also have my Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws bendy right under the tree. I know it sounds kooky, but I love Haunted Mansion Holiday so much, I decide to create a little tribute to it this year. Have a scary Christmas, and a happy new fear!!!!! :eek:

Ace
12-15-2001, 10:12 PM
I liked the mansion a lot! it was so cool! especially the elevator... "and skeleton heads!"

FriendOfDaisy
12-15-2001, 11:14 PM
I did, although it wasn't entirely inspired by the HM. My roommates and I threw a "Thankschristmowe'en" party on December first, so our apartment is decorated with a mixture of Halloween, Christmas, and Thanksgiving, with a healthy smattering of Barbra Streisand (because she's both terrifying and cheaply available around my neighborhood, so therefore makes for good decorations). Here's a link to some pictures. (http://www.itsdlevy.com/archives/00000090.html)

David
Yes, I have way too much time on my hands. That's why I'm here, remember?

mad4mky
12-16-2001, 05:28 PM
I don't do that. But my daughter's best friends family does. They actually hang their Christmas tree upside down from the ceiling in their living room.
I have no idea how they do that.

The whole house is decorated in orange/black. Ghosts, skeltons, etc....especially the tree. Their Christmas lights are Halloween lights, and black lights.

Weird. But it is pretty in a spooky kind of way. The family is just ga-ga over Halloween.

Morrigoon
12-16-2001, 05:47 PM
That must be really difficult to do!

Incidentally, if you hang your tree upside down, the ornaments would hang nicely :D

I'm totally nuts about Halloween, BUT I'm also totally nuts about Christmas. I made my mother stand out in the freezing cold (literally around 32 degrees) holding a ladder while I strung the tree in our front yard with about 10 100-foot strings of lights. My arms look like I've been in a fight with a cat, but when I drive home at night and see that beautiful tree, it's worth it :D