PDA

View Full Version : AP hotel discount question

Pages : [1] 2

disneymania
01-26-2005, 04:23 PM
So I'm going in two weeks. There is still no discount for Feb. This is my first year with an annual pass, and was wondering if they only offer hotel discounts for certain months. Or are they always this late posting the discount. I'm booked, for $165 a night-but expedia already has a rate of $129 a night. HELP!!!!!! I'm getting nervous. :(

MouseWife
01-26-2005, 05:15 PM
First off, you are within your cancellation time frame, with plenty of time to spare. Right? Is it three days cancellation?

Second, call and tell them what you've seen and see what they say to you.

I've never used Expedia so I can't advise you there.

I know I found a great rate on the Disneyland webpage but they said I had to do it via the internet. I pretty much stayed firm that I didn't do business over the internet do to the fact that my computer isn't safe. I was given the rate but I had to pay for it right up front. I was cool with that.

Have you check the rates offered on this site?

Ooo, best of luck. If you get the new rates I'd love to see them. :)

TrekkieDad
01-26-2005, 06:53 PM
We got tired of waiting for the AP rates for Feb, so I've booked with Hojo's through the AAA web site. There is a travel agent who supposedly checking on the AP rates every other day. I haven't heard from her in a while, but if she comes through, it won't be too late cancel Hojo's if it's more than two days out.

kohl
01-26-2005, 07:03 PM
When I called the other day they said they didn't have any Feb. AP rates yet, if any at all. They said they never know if or when they will have them. You have 72 hours to cancel. I would call the Disney reservations to see if they can match the internet price. It doesn't hurt to ask.
We will be there April 9 - 15 and are hoping they do have AP rates then.
The best they can do now is $230 a night a Paradise Pier. Way more than we have ever paid at The Grand Californian.

Earkid
01-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Hey TrekkieDad.

We are going to be there close to the same time next month. I compared AAA rates and Mousesaver rates for the HoJo and the Mousesaver rate was a few bucks less. Make sure you check it out.

I have found that Disney doesn't release the AP rates till the very end of the month, if at all. Keep checking.

disneymania
01-26-2005, 07:09 PM
I hope that they do have AP rates. My heart is so set on staying on site. I do have a back-up at HOJO's for six nights ($433 through mousesavers). Thanks for all the response. :p

TrekkieDad
01-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Hey TrekkieDad.

We are going to be there close to the same time next month. I compared AAA rates and Mousesaver rates for the HoJo and the Mousesaver rate was a few bucks less. Make sure you check it out.

I have found that Disney doesn't release the AP rates till the very end of the month, if at all. Keep checking.
I found out about the mousesaver rates here the day after I booked through AAA. I'm too lazy to cancel and rebook just to save a few bucks, but I will cancel if an AP rate comes through in time.

marktips
01-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Too lazy to cancel and rebook but not too lazy not to bike every day?

See, i'd save the money and let the bike rust.

TrekkieDad
01-26-2005, 08:01 PM

I'd rather spend three hours on a bike than 10 minutes on the phone.

Two of my bikes are aluminum and one is titanium, so rust is not an issue--at least with the frames.

marktips
01-26-2005, 08:01 PM
My chains always die of disuses - it's a long sad death :(

Surfingstitch
01-26-2005, 08:06 PM
I'd rather spend three hours on a bike than 10 minutes on the phone.

Two of my bikes are aluminum and one is titanium, so rust is not an issue--at least with the frames.

Can you ride while being on the phone? (earpiece?)

TrekkieDad
01-26-2005, 08:06 PM
^^I go through several sets of chains and tires every year--and then there's bar tape, gloves, shoes, helmets, and shorts. Jerseys never seem to wear out, though.

Darkbeer
01-26-2005, 08:07 PM
AP rates are not always the cheapest...

MouseSavers.com does a great job of keeping track of all the different specials, and lets you compare them....

Check them out.

TrekkieDad
01-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Can you ride while being on the phone? (earpiece?)
I've done it riding one-handed, but I wouldn't recommend it. If my phone rings while I'm riding, I either ignore it or stop and answer it.

I know at least one rider who has an earpiece and talks on the phone while riding--but not while he's riding in a group.

Surfingstitch
01-26-2005, 08:17 PM
I've done it riding one-handed, but I wouldn't recommend it. If my phone rings while I'm riding, I either ignore it or stop and answer it.

I know at least one rider who has an earpiece and talks on the phone while riding--but not while he's riding in a group.

I know that I can't talk on the phone while driving in rush hour. Other then that, I am good. I love the earpiece.

Earkid
01-27-2005, 06:56 AM

LOL, this thread has derailed in such a funny way. :D

sierranevada
01-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Well guys - I check another site that is very reliable about AP hotel rates and this is what was posted:

"What I'm about to say may shock you and you may not like it...

CRO might never offer the AP Nights again ... at least not until after the 50th Celebrations. They don't want to be offering discounted rates for the hotels during the celebration to keep from overbooking all the hotel rooms (supply and demand).

Sorry guys. So even if the Feb dates do come up, it may be the last month you can enjoy it. So far, the AP dates are still only until 1/31."

OUCH!!

got2travel
01-27-2005, 10:35 AM
I was afraid this might happen. I really didn't expect any AP nights after May, but I really thought we'd get some through April

kohl
01-27-2005, 10:36 AM
If that is the case, I don't think we will be staying at any Disney Hotel's.
When I called for April the Paradise Pier is $230 a night! :eek:

Darkbeer
01-27-2005, 12:35 PM
There are always other options...

The link to the great HoJo discount at MouseSavers.com

Using Travelaxe.com to compare rates of all the hotels in the area from many different hotel sites.

Using Hotwire.com and Priceline.com (but I would only do this if you plan to have a car).

kohl
01-27-2005, 03:35 PM
I know there are always other options. We are going in April no matter where we stay. We just love to stay on Disney property. We feel like we are in Disneyland the whole time. Just can't justify $230 a night.

sierranevada
01-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Yippee - they did announce AP Nights for Feb and March -
Annual Passholder Nights return for February and March!

The following rates are valid February 1 - March 17:

Grand Californian Hotel:
$169 Weekdays
$199 Weekends
Disneyland Hotel:
$109 Weekdays
$129 Weekends
Paradise Pier Hotel:
$99 Weekdays
$109 Weekends

Someone called today and was told they would not be in the computers until Monday so to call then!!

MacBaby
01-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Yippee - they did announce AP Nights for Feb and March -
Annual Passholder Nights return for February and March!

Someone called today and was told they would not be in the computers until Monday so to call then!!

I just called and got my room for March using the AP rate. Don't wait for Monday!

disneydenisel
01-29-2005, 03:02 PM
I just called and the CM answering the phone told me that the AP rate was 10% off or $270/night at the GCH. I gave her the APN code and she said that I couldn't use that code and that I had to have a special code. I was very confused! I've called many times for AP rates before. She finally told me that the rate was $169/night, but I still can't figure out why she gave me such a hard time when I called at first! I was just going to hang up and talk with another CM, but then she said I could get the rate. Oh well, all's well that ends well!

scanmom
01-29-2005, 04:39 PM
do you have to put a deposit on the room when booking? I would love to book for our trip next month with just a CC #. TIA!!