PDA

View Full Version : St. Patrick's Day in the Park

Disneynerd
01-26-2005, 11:27 AM
After a brief cancellation scare, my trip to DLR in March is still on! Yipeeee! We will be there the week of St. Patrick's Day.

Does anyone know if there are any special events, decorations, etc. in honor of St. Patrick's Day in the parks?

disneyhound
01-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Well, dying the mote around the castle is out, it's already green... :D

AlanaP
01-27-2005, 07:21 AM
ME TOO! we are only coming for a quickie 2 day trip for my 4 year olds birthday, but we are arriving on St Pats day too! YAY 48 days to go!!!!
I have been to the park on St Pats in the past, and never noticed anything special going on...

Hakuna Makarla
01-27-2005, 07:56 AM
geez st. patricks day here in Butte is a huge and I mean huge affair. I tend to hide that day as there are more drunks on the street then any where in America. This town is so foolish, they have open drinking and partying 24 hours where anything goes.we have people all over the world who come here.when I was young man I partied, now I hide my kidsand close my blinds!! I went from party chickie, to old fart in record time ha ha ha

olegc
01-27-2005, 08:40 AM
usually nothing more than a pin or two to celebrate the luck of the irish. Better to go to a store and buy some decorations and party hats and make your own celebration..

although now that WDW is getting an irish pub in DTD they'll have a great time next year...

This sticks out in my mind that Mardi Gras is even passed over at the DLR.. No specific signage, special menu in the French market, etc.. And to think New Orleans was Walt's favorite city to travel to.

Disneynerd
01-27-2005, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=olegc]usually nothing more than a pin or two to celebrate the luck of the irish. Better to go to a store and buy some decorations and party hats and make your own celebration..

I guess I'll just have to surprise (embarrass) my husband with a mandatory green tshirt the morning of.

Disneynerd
01-27-2005, 12:14 PM
ME TOO! we are only coming for a quickie 2 day trip for my 4 year olds birthday, but we are arriving on St Pats day too! YAY 48 days to go!!!!
I have been to the park on St Pats in the past, and never noticed anything special going on...

Happy birthday little one! What a great way to spend a fourth birthday (or 5th, or 30th, 31st, etc....):rolleyes:

AlanaP
01-27-2005, 05:50 PM
thanks Disneynerd..
since we moved away from CA, and she'd spent every other birthday (including her 1 MONTH) at DLR we figure we will be heading back every March for the next 14 years or so!

TP2000
01-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Disneyland had a special St. Patrick's Day Parade in 1968. It was very brief, and very basic. And by today's standards it would be deemed politically incorrect and people of Irish persuasion would howl in protest online. Americans were far less sensitive in '68.

But Disneyland currently does nothing to celebrate St. Patrick's Day inside Disneyland. I imagine there's a few drink specials at the Downtown Disney bars and nightclubs on March 17th however. But nothing inside the Parks.

The Mouse Is Back
01-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Many moons ago, when my sister and I were in elementary school, St. Patrick's Day was "Catholic Schools Day" because we had the day off from school and the publics didn't. It was a swarming sea of ugly uniforms, and it was a blast.

-Allegra-

spectromen
01-28-2005, 07:12 AM
I'd like to think there'll be a green-themed Mickey antenna topper added to the for-sure 1 or 2 limited edition St. Patty's pins that day...

Disneyland4Jamy
01-28-2005, 09:17 AM
I was there for St. Patrick's Day 2003 and there was green cotton candy at the food carts. Lots of guests were wearing green; some with their hair dyed green, too. They released a St. Patrick's Day pin a few days before and one on March 17. Also a cute antenna topper. There will be plenty of Easter Merchandise at that time, too, especially with Easter being so early this year. Have fun! :D

GeminiAngel
01-28-2005, 05:56 PM
See ya there!! March 15 to the 20th. Goofy's Kitchen, 9:00am, on St Patty's day. Be there or be square!!! :cool:

sdfilmcritic
01-28-2005, 11:22 PM
I wonder (and hope) some of the bars and restaurants in DCA and DTD will have green beer! I'm partial to St Patty's Day because it's so close to my b-day and I like the color green.

junglejoy
02-03-2005, 08:24 AM
We were at the parks for St. Patty's Day 2004. It was pretty much like any other day. Some people dressed in green, a few wore buttons, but the parks did nothing. I didn't really care, but my kids were a little disappointed. I forget that those little holidays are important to little ones. So, bring your own celebration if you wish to celebrate. You really can't lose if you're at Disneyland on any day!!!

TikiGeek
02-03-2005, 08:29 AM
They will be making green mint juleps for St. Patty's day :D
I'd like to think there'll be a green-themed Mickey antenna topper ...They had them in the Emporium last week. They have "springie" things with green shamrocks coming off the top of the ball - they looked very cool! :)

cstephens
02-06-2005, 09:26 PM
They will be making green mint juleps for St. Patty's day :D They had them in the Emporium last week. They have "springie" things with green shamrocks coming off the top of the ball - they looked very cool! :)

We saw those today. Here's a picture (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/pattyball.jpg). They have a new Easter antenna topper as well. Too dang cute. Here's a picture of the Easter topper (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/bunnyball.jpg).