PDA

View Full Version : River Belle's new menu

DonaldDuck14
01-25-2005, 08:48 PM
ionno if this has been mentioned, but i was looking on the cast portal and this is what i saw...

Effective January 26, the River Belle Terrace will offer an enhanced menu that includes barbecue favorites. New menu items, served during lunch and dinner hours, include a barbecue chicken and barbecue chicken and ribs combination plate. Additionally, a rib combination platter will be available during dinner hours. The new Plantation Grilled Chicken Salad served with grilled vegetables and grilled chicken breast will be available for lunch and dinner. Also new, is the Cook'd Up Comics selection that includes a barbecue chicken leg meal or mini corn dog meal.

SoCalDude
01-25-2005, 09:06 PM
I know where I will be eating on the next trip :D :D

Opus1guy
01-25-2005, 09:26 PM
I know where I will be eating on the next trip

I'll be dripping BBQ sauce on my nice white shirt...right next to you!

lisap
01-25-2005, 09:36 PM
So that's where Zocalo's BBQ went. Alrighty then. :)

RStar
01-25-2005, 09:41 PM
So that's where Zocalo's BBQ went. Alrighty then. :)
Kinda makes one feel like they gotta follow the food around the park, huh Lisa?

Opus1guy
01-25-2005, 11:50 PM
It's sort of funny how things come around. Where the River Belle's kitchen will now be cookin' BBQ...used to be a favorite BBQ restaurant of my family and friends...Don Defoe's Silver Banjo BBQ.

DonaldDuck14
01-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah, golden horseshoe was originally suppose to get the BBQ menu, but I heard management thought it was doing well with the Checken strips menu instead. I still wish horseshoe got it instead of Riverbelle. Personally i think Riverbelle is a bit on the slow side, but you didn't hear that from me.

MrsG
01-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Yahoo! I've missed my BBQ'd chicken!! Let's hope this is true!

Surfingstitch
01-26-2005, 02:19 PM
I only eat the mashed potatoes and gravy, and the mixed veggies at the riverbell.

When I was a CM, I could get two of each for less then $5.00

It was great.

JEFFJAGUAR
01-27-2005, 07:05 AM
1. Do they have the beef ribs that used to be so yummy at Big Thunder BBQ.

2. The lunch menu post said at lunch there is BBQ Chicken or BBQ Chicken and Rib combination. Is there BBQ rib platter alone and what is a BBQ Rib combination at dinner?

Thanks

dlandnut
01-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Could someone take a picture of the actual menu and post it? :)

Opus1guy
01-30-2005, 05:23 PM
I can't believe it. 4 days now an nobody has had the opportunity to try any of the new BBQ items and report on them???

I want to dine vicariously. That is until I get a chance to eat there myself!

AVP
01-30-2005, 07:27 PM
I have a photo of the menu, and I'll type it up here shortly.

AVP

disney jones
01-30-2005, 07:39 PM
I can't believe it. 4 days now an nobody has had the opportunity to try any of the new BBQ items and report on them??? it won't make it another 4 days, i'll be there Thursday.

AVP
01-31-2005, 07:31 PM
The new lunch menu is listed below; dinner prices are higher.

Aunt Polly's Southern Barbecue Chicken - $10.99
1/2 chicken, served with barbecue beans, coleslaw, corn cobbette and corn bread.

River Belle Barbecue Platter - $11.99
Pork ribs and chicken, served with barbecue beans, coleslaw, corn cobbette and corn bread.

Southern Catfish Sandwich - $9.59
Garnished with dill sauce, lettuce and tomato. Served with coleslaw and fruit.

Mississippi Vegetable Stew or Clam Chowder -
Served in a bread bowl with a garden salad.

Plantation Grilled Chicken Salad - $10.99
Grilled chicken breast, grilled vegetables, white corn and diced tomatoes on iceberg and romaine lettuce. Drizzled with barbecue and ranch sauce, topped with fried onions.

Tom's Turkey Sandwich - $8.99
Turkey, swiss cheese, lettuce and tomato, served with coleslaw and a pickle spear.

Soup and 1/2 Sandwich - $8.99
Bowl of vegetable stew or clam chowder, served with and 1/2 Tom's turkey sandwich and potato chips.

Becky Thatcher's Fresh Fruit Plate - $7.99
Assorted seasonal fruit

Kids meals are $5.99 each, and are served in a plastic "Munch, Inc" lunchbox with a child's drink, fun straw, and fruit roll up:

BBQ chicken leg, served with corn cobbette.

Mini corn dogs, served with choice of chips or carrots.

Mickey-shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwich served with choice of chips or carrots.

Opus1guy
01-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Thanks for posting that!

River Belle Barbecue Platter - $11.99
Pork ribs and chicken, served with barbecue beans, coleslaw, corn cobbette and corn bread.

Soup and 1/2 Sandwich - $8.99
Bowl of vegetable stew or clam chowder, served with and 1/2 Tom's turkey sandwich and potato chips.

Got a couple of must do's there for me! Anyone actually try the Q yet? Comparison? Don't know if I can make 'til Thursday for Disney Jones report. May have to make a trip myself sooner!

disney jones
01-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Don't know if I can make 'til Thursday for Disney Jones report. May have to make a trip myself sooner!i'm just going to be eating there, more realistically Friday, the trip report won't come till Sunday evening, probably after that football game

opus = :(

SoCalDude
01-31-2005, 09:01 PM
we were there today and got there at 3:10 to find they were closed. I saw a CM cleaning the tables and he said they were closed for the rest of the day.

I was really looking foward to BBQ even if I got no AP discount and no refills!

Oh well, we are going again next week. *makes mental note to get there before 3pm*

stan4d_steph
02-01-2005, 05:49 AM
That looks really yummy. Thanks for posting it AVP. Woohoo, the corn bread is back!

JEFFJAGUAR
02-01-2005, 10:05 AM
But there are no rib platters without chicken nor beef ribs....what a bummer.
Still no place in the park to get a rib platter...

Opus1guy
02-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey. Couldn't wait any longer and happened to be in the area, so I dropped by the River Belle for some Q at lunch today!

Had the chicken & rib "River Belle Barbecue Platter."

Pork ribs were nice sized, lots of meat, and very tender. Same preparation as Zocalo's. Sweet BBQ. Very tasty, IMHO. Got 3 ribs instead of the advertised 2. :)

BBQ chicken was a quarter chicken, very nice and moist. A nice "dew" on it, as some BBQers would say.

Nice presentation of slaw on a bed of greens, corn cobbette, and the beans were nice. I'm no cornbread lover myself, but it was warm and I assume very good. ;) Little packets of Bull's Eye BBQ Sauce if you want extra.

http://members.aol.com/opus1guy/uploads/riverbellebbq.jpg

All and all pretty decent Q and I thought a good sized serving for the money.

The only thing I didn't care for was the presentation up where you order and pick-up your meal. They just have a turquoise napkin with a sample of each of the 2 main plates on display. Looks kinda cheap and tacky.

But other than that, Opus gives it 2 thumbs up with minimal BBQ stains on his clothes. :)

Aside: Absolutely BEAUTIFUL sunny, clear, uncrowded day in the Park today!

Mox
02-02-2005, 06:18 PM
But there are no rib platters without chicken nor beef ribs....what a bummer.
Still no place in the park to get a rib platter...They have a rib-only platter at dinner for $13.99 (I think). They're pork ribs, no beef.

--Mox

Shortiemetoo
02-02-2005, 06:36 PM
My daughter and I (she is pregnant and kept craving a turkey sandwhich) ate there twice last week. One time she got the 1/2 turkey sandwhich and I ate the vegetable stew. The other time was on Friday evening waiting for Fantasmic and I got the chicken/rib platter and she got...guess what.... the whole turkey sandwhich.
I liked the food. But I wanted Aunt Pollys fried chicken dinner after hearing about it for so long ;) . But seriously the food was good, fresh and nicely presented!!!