PDA

View Full Version : What is Disney Character Celebrations?

bassett1976
01-25-2005, 07:38 PM
What is Disney Character Celebrations?

I am planning a quick trip this weekend to de-stress from the last week. I noticed on the park calander that they had the Disney Character Celebrations scheduled for 4 & 5 pm. Does anyone know what this is?

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
01-25-2005, 09:26 PM
I'll be at the park when the character celebrations begin this weekend and I was wondering the same thing! :) Here is info from the intercotwest site:

From Resort Newswire:
"Guests will soon be invited to join their favorite Disney Characters in the all-new Interactive Character Celebrations. The Celebrations will take place at various times throughout the day on Main Street, U.S.A. Check the Cast Member Reference Guide for show times.
Sleeping Beauty's Royal Celebration begins January 28 and invites Guests to join Sleeping Beauty, and other favorite Disney Princesses, to dance and play along in a magical interactive experience at Sleeping Beauty Castle. The show will take place on Main Street, U.S.A., adjacent to the Castle Forecourt.

Mickey's Magic Kingdom Celebration begins February 11 as Mickey invites Guests to join him and his pals as they celebrate "The Happiest Place on Earth" with a dance party on Main Street, U.S.A. The show will take place on Main Street, U.S.A. just past Main Street Photo Supply Co., toward the Central Plaza.

Mary Poppins' "Supercalifragilistic it's a celebration" begins February 18. Guests will be invited to join in a "Jolly Holiday" with Mary Poppins on Main Street, U.S.A. The show allows Guests to dance and play along with everyone's favorite Nanny on Main Street, U.S.A., near the Emporium."

The guest interaction part is going to be REALLY cool. And they're show stops just at those locations.

ToursbabeC3po
01-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Wow this really sounds good! I think that cavalcade thing is pathetic and I am happy they are doing something else for the guest to enjoy until the new parade is up and running!
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
toursbabe

disney jones
02-07-2005, 12:52 PM
I saw Mickey's Cavalcade and the Princess Celebration over the weekend. I enjoyed both, but the Princess Celebration was better i thought.

Mickey's Cavalacde is really short, about 5 minutes in parade format, it's basically bunches and bunches of the popular characters walking by without hardly any floats, bands, or peripherals. The big guys came by on a float at the end while the Princesses drove by in the Fire Truck. No complaints at all, but its not an elaborate presentation.

The Princess Celebration was in front of the castle on the roadway. This lasted longer (about 15 minutes) and was more a stage presentation than a parade, with dancing and songs, basically presenting the princesses to the 'royal court'. Some members of the audience are asked to join in too.

I think both are worth seeing, especially with the little ones. :)