PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Fashions

cemeinke
12-15-2001, 10:21 AM
On of the things I really enjoy about the themeing at Disneyland is the costuming. My favorites include:

The Haunted Mansion, especially in winter when they have heavy capes and great coats.

The Columbia, for the three cornered hats

Indy/Jungle Cruise, because it does make me think of Indy

So what are your favorites, or what costumes do you feel embarrassed for the CM's that have to wear them?

On a side note (hey why not hijack/morph my own thread from the beginning), while I'm not much of a Minnie Mouse fan I can't get over how cute the child Minnie costumes are--I think those are the best for kids.

DisneyDenise28
12-15-2001, 10:33 AM
Costumes I dig:
*Pirates/pieces of eight
*Guest relations skirt outfit
*The old fantasyland girlie outfits with the little blue skirts
*It's a small world
*My Boudin Baker costume... I feel like a real baker for boudin! :)
*Main street girls costume, they're so newsies!
*Food ops BOH Lead... it looks professional :)
*ABC Costumes
Costumes that Suck:
*The bountiful valley farmer costume... trust me it's worse to wear than it looks. I feel as if it lowers my IQ a zillion points.
*The NOS guys stores "gepetto Costume" the one that's really old and brown... yuk
*Redd Rocketts christmas tree look
*The Hollywood area hyperion/superstar costumes.
*Tommorowland terrace icky costume
*Toontown stores.......horrible overalls!

FEJ
12-15-2001, 01:06 PM
Haunted Mansion
Matterhorn Lederhosen
Jungle Cruise
Disney Gallery

mad4mky
12-15-2001, 02:52 PM
I too think the Haunted Mansion is great.

And I love the Fantasyland wool coats they wear in the evenings. The guys wear green, the girls grey. We like them so much we asked to the manufacturer's information. My oldest wants to buy one. We'll see if she does....I would think they are quite pricey, especially if you buy just one.

:)

rexfarms
12-15-2001, 03:40 PM
To bad there isnt a place where you could "buy" the costumes.

Morrigoon
12-15-2001, 03:53 PM
The new Main St costumes
the old Main St costumes (loved that there were different colors)
Matterhorn lederhosen
new Fantasyland shirts (I wish the shorts were a happy blue though... earth tones have SO been done! Blue shorts with maroon highlights on the pockets would have been a perfect upgrade of the classic but ugly skorts)
New mansion costume
Old blue bayou costume

also:
DLP Main gate costume
DLP phantom manor costume (purple! top hats!)
DLP fantasyland costume
DLP Walt's restaurant costume
DLP Pest- I mean, Guest Relations costume
DLP ODV costume (they look so dignified!)

Nigel2
12-15-2001, 09:42 PM
I always felt bad for the guys that had to wear the pseudo Liderhosen.

innerSpaceman
12-15-2001, 09:51 PM
Absolute fave is Disneyland TourGirl costume. That, and the ever popular Haunted Mansion duds.

marron-cream
12-16-2001, 02:39 AM
So what are your favorites, or what costumes do you feel embarrassed for the CM's that have to wear them?

My favorite is the Fantasyland stores costume. I love the coat! I also really like the Frontierland/Critter Country coat... it's thick, soft, and WARM.

Costumes that make me want to change my shift: Pieces of Eight, Tomorrowland, and Toontown. Those overalls are horrible, not to mention about twenty sizes too big.

mousey_girl
12-16-2001, 11:33 AM
I love the haunted mansion costumes and the fantasyland coats. I did see something disturbing when we were there... In the Pieces of Eight store, there was a woman, she must have been in her mid to late 30's, a bit on the busty side, the costume did not look right on her at all. She was busting out over the maroon corset thingy. I couldn't tell of it was done purposely or due to a wrong fit, but I walked away thinking her look was much more suited for a bordello than it was a family oriented park.

FriendOfDaisy
12-16-2001, 02:57 PM
My absolute favorites are the male pirate costumes at POC - they make every single CM look great. On the other hand, I feel bad for everyone who has to wear the Tom Sawyer Island patched overalls and the Star Tours jumpsuits. Ugh.

David