PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Closed 7/16?

Klutch
01-25-2005, 04:53 PM
This message hit my inbox today:
----------------------------------------------------
From a Senior Imagineer at Disneyland - not a joke!

We all know that Disneyland will be closed on 05/04/05 for preparations for the kickoff of the 50th Anniversary party, but it has been announced that Disneyland will also be closed on 07/16/05 the day before the actual Anniversary for preparations of Space Mountain re-opening, as well as the addition of some new surprises and preparation for a Ceremony on 07/17/05.
---------------------------------------------------

This email smells of Urban Legend to me. As I recall, isn't Space Mountain scheduled to open LONG after July '05? If the park was going to be closed, wouldn't Disney advertise this fact? Furthermore, what would a Senior Imagineer know about daily park operations?

cstephens
01-25-2005, 04:55 PM
There are things that I plan to be at the park for on July 16th, so no, I don't think the park is going to be closed.

Wendi
01-25-2005, 04:56 PM
Where did the email come from? "It has been announced" where? Do you trust the source? I don't think I believe it... why would they need to close the park to get Space ready? Why wouldn't they add the surprises at the May kickoff anyway? KWIM???

Tinkerbelle923
01-25-2005, 05:05 PM
smells like a prank to me...
if they were going to do something like that it would have been anounced long ago (like they did for may 4th) too many people are/have booked vacations for that to happen now.
I wouldn't worry about it, someones pulling your leg

Darkbeer
01-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Disney gave a 12 month warning for closing the park on May 4th. I just don't see Disney closing the park on a Peak Saturday in July. Though I could see them closing off the Pizza Port/Space Mountain/HISTA area for a day or two to set up a special media area.

DLRCM
01-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Disney gave a 12 month warning for closing the park on May 4th. I just don't see Disney closing the park on a Peak Saturday in July.

I agree. We've known about May 4th for a long time. Wouldn't we have known about a different closure date as well? Especially in the summer. I just don't see it happening...

bandboy1985
01-26-2005, 04:17 PM
yup.

they'd completely have told us if we were going to be closed that day.

and a senior imagineer wouldn't be concerned with park open/closed status.

experiment626
01-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Not to mention there has been NOTHING official that says Space will open any sooner then "fall 2005."

marktips
01-26-2005, 07:19 PM
For what it's worth, no one at Disney is actually called a "Senior Imagineer."

Opus1guy
01-26-2005, 08:06 PM
For what it's worth, no one at Disney is actually called a "Senior Imagineer."

Granted that some of the business cards I'm looking at right now are rather old, but on many of them I see the following:

- Senior Imagineer
- Senior Concept Designer
- Senior Vice President of Concept Design

etc, etc.

Of course there's also the more informal use of "Senior" at Imagineering, such as "He's one of our Senior Imagineers" and such, which usually means the person being referred to has either been around a long time and/or is pretty highly ranked and/or is just plain old! :)

marktips
01-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Granted that some of the business cards I'm looking at right now are rather old, but on many of them I see the following:

- Senior Imagineer
- Senior Concept Designer
- Senior Vice President of Concept Design

etc, etc.

Of course there's also the more informal use of "Senior" at Imagineering, such as "He's one of our Senior Imagineers" and such, which usually means the person being referred to has either been around a long time and/or is pretty highly ranked and/or is just plain old! :)

Yup yup, but technically there's no real "Senior Imagineer" job title. It's concept design and such and senior script writer senior minature modeler, senior senior - wait no. I digress...

The way Imagineering is set up there's not really a "Senior Imagineer" like you'd have a "Senior Partner" at a law firm.

SoCalDisneyLover
01-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Is it possible that this is going to be a Specially Ticketed Event of some sort? Which is why the park won't "officially" be open to the general public, at regular prices.

If they do a 50 Hour party, as has been rumored, perhaps they intend to limit entry on that day. Just a guess.

SteveK
01-27-2005, 11:35 AM
It was confirmed on another board that this is a false rumor. There may be some media events that day but the park will be open to the public.
-Steve