PDA

View Full Version : The week of April 10

kohl
01-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Is anyone else going the week of April 10?
I was hoping that it wouldn't be that crowded that week. My son turns 7 on the 13th and wanted to be there on his B-Day. We made reservations at Paradise Pier and since they don't have any AP rates out yet, the price is $230 a night :eek:
We have never paid that much. Even staying at The Grand Californian.
I'm wondering how busy it might be.

QueenAlisha
01-25-2005, 03:47 PM
We will be there the 8th-10th, my birthday is the 8th. :)

Poster_SF
01-25-2005, 03:52 PM
I'll be there the 13th-16th. Going to the Dodgers/ Giants game too.

GO GIANTS!!

CrazyTrain
01-26-2005, 10:11 AM
I'll be there on the 10th for my birthday! :D

Lekta
01-26-2005, 10:51 AM
I'll be there 10-15th!! Hoping the crowds won't be!

Go DODGERS!!!

hlbtimes2
01-26-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm wondering how busy it might be.

I'm guessing pretty busy, a lot of schools will be on spring break at that time.

Have a great trip!

Earkid
01-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Go DODGERS!!!

We got Sean Green! :p

disney jones
01-26-2005, 11:08 AM
earkid, as an Angel fan, you shoud (or we should) be much more happier getting Troy Glaus - i hated to see the Angels lose him! :crying:

Earkid
01-26-2005, 01:16 PM
earkid, as an Angel fan, you shoud (or we should) be much more happier getting Troy Glaus - i hated to see the Angels lose him! :crying:

I'm a Diamondback's fan Jonsey, and you are an Angels fan as well, but I think that's what you meant. The only reason I mentioned Green is because there was a Dodger fan above me. :eek:

Poster_SF
01-26-2005, 01:44 PM
That seems late for Spring Break...that is why we planned it in April. Hope it won't be too bad....

disney jones
01-26-2005, 02:03 PM
hmmm, one hand, this can be considered thread hijacking, but since the thread is entitled "The week of April 10th", what else can be considered more important that week than the opening of baseball season, so here goes.....

yes, i love the Angels, and have casual rooting interest in the D-backs. it was confirmed their first year here, when i got season tickets, but then spent most of the times during the games watching the scoreboard following the Angel games, and even worse, going over to the Cox Clubhouse in centerfield to get on the internet to follow the Angels games. :rolleyes:

i got to go to two World Series games Game 1 and 7 in 2001. We took Sydney too, to both games when she was less than 2 months old. Kari Lake on Fox 10 even interviewed us and we were on TV for Syd being the youngest fan there. :) Zoë only went to Game 7 but afterwards went through the streets with us shouting "Diamondbacks" over and over. And how sweet it was the next year when the Angels made it - we again made it to both Game 1 and Game 7 of the Series, so those were two very pleasant years!

i haven't been back to the BOB since Game 7, but we see games in Anaheim during Disney trips and we spend time in Tempe during Spring Training.

We also go to games at ASU, and they start this week against Long Beach State! Go ASU!! (yenta, are you reading this? ;) )

I love my baseball, even moreso the DLR! :eek: Segueing back on to topic, i remember back in the day going to Angels-Disneyland Fun days where you went to the game and also had a ticket for Disneyland that same day. The best way to do a DLR-Angels now is to drive over in the morning, spent the afternoon at the pool, dine at the resort, then head over to the game. That leaves the following days full for all day trips to the DLR parks, and Dad is happy because he got his fix!

My June trip this year after the APs expire is to take the girls on AMTRAK to SF and Seattle to see games there, at parks i haven't been to yet. i'll stop now :)

hlbtimes2
01-26-2005, 02:04 PM
The districts around me (Seattle area) are pretty split. Some are taking Spring break the first week of April, others the second week. I know a lot of CA schools are on "tracks", so traditional vacation times dont apply.

Lekta
01-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Oh well, you can have Sean Green....

I am a Dodger and Angels fan, it works well because they are in opposite leagues.

GO DODGERS/ANGELS!!

I hate when they play, can't root for either..lol or root for both.. dunno!

Earkid
01-27-2005, 07:12 AM
Oh well, you can have Sean Green....

If the D'Backs luck (or lack thereof) continues the way it has been the past few seasons, Sean Green will play great and be a hero for about the first 1/3 of the season and then be sidelined with a potentially career ending injury, a'la Richie Sexon. :mad:

CrazyTrain
01-27-2005, 07:20 AM
hmmm, one hand, this can be considered thread hijacking, but since the thread is entitled "The week of April 10th", what else can be considered more important that week than the opening of baseball season, so here goes.....

Did you not read the thead? It's my BIRTHDAY week, much more important than baseball! :p

splash
01-29-2005, 07:41 AM
Well, we are in Washington and the Spring Break is the 5-9th. I would say to utilize fast passes wherever possible. It may be crowded but you can work around it. The worst part is trying to walk through the crowds. Take the train when going from one side of the park to the next. Is anyone going in May?

orangechicken
01-29-2005, 05:35 PM
$230?!?!?! We're going the same week and found paradise pier for $160 a night, where did you book it?

kohl
01-29-2005, 05:52 PM
I just got off the phone with them and we got a MUCH better rate. We are so excited!!!!

Hakuna Makarla
01-29-2005, 06:34 PM
is the 5th of April thru the 8th as buisy as summer time ( august) we went then and it was crazy, but I can handle that.

SCUBAbe
01-29-2005, 06:36 PM
is the 5th of April thru the 8th as buisy as summer time ( august) we went then and it was crazy, but I can handle that.

it will be very busy becasue of spring break. Probably a lot like summertime crowds, but without the heat..:)

Hakuna Makarla
01-29-2005, 06:44 PM
I hate the 90's but can handle any other temps. I saw the referbushments, I was so glad all the ones I wanted to see were nto closed while I was going. I could not find fantasmic, is that going to be on again? I loved it when we went but was so hard for me to find a spot with all of us I got way in the back. I want to see it better next time and up closer. I better try to find info on a nice close spot to see it at. MY eyes are so bad, so I will need up close and personnel :)

WITron
02-18-2005, 03:34 AM

yes, i love the Angels, and have casual rooting interest in the D-backs. it was confirmed their first year here, when i got season tickets, but then spent most of the times during the games watching the scoreboard following the Angel games, and even worse, going over to the Cox Clubhouse in centerfield to get on the internet to follow the Angels games. :rolleyes:

I love my baseball, even moreso the DLR! :eek: Segueing back on to topic, i remember back in the day going to Angels-Disneyland Fun days where you went to the game and also had a ticket for Disneyland that same day. The best way to do a DLR-Angels now is to drive over in the morning, spent the afternoon at the pool, dine at the resort, then head over to the game. That leaves the following days full for all day trips to the DLR parks, and Dad is happy because he got his fix!

My June trip this year after the APs expire is to take the girls on AMTRAK to SF and Seattle to see games there, at parks i haven't been to yet. i'll stop now :)

Oh how I miss watching the Angels play :crying: . I haven't been to Anaheim atdium since the redid it. I was lucky and got to see the Angels when they came to Milwaukee for interleague play in 2002, and was really excited when they won the WS :) . I don't get to see many of their games on TV since the time difference.