PDA

View Full Version : SuperStar Limo

Pages : [1] 2

Rouxe1688
01-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Was it just me who actaully enjoyed this ride? I thought it was cute (ok, ya, i was 12 when i was on it but so what). And is it really gone now? I didn't see it on the map at the CA site. It seemed like a popular ride, too, the line was like a million miles long.

sediment
01-25-2005, 01:41 PM
1. Was it just me who actaully enjoyed this ride? 2. I thought it was cute (ok, ya, i was 12 when i was on it but so what). 3. And is it really gone now? 4. I didn't see it on the map at the CA site. 5. It seemed like a popular ride, too, the line was like a million miles long.

1. Yes.
2. It was supposed to better, until that Princess Di(ed).
3. Yes.
4. That's because it is no longer a distr- I mean, attraction anymore. Supposed to be replaced by a Monsters, Inv. ride.
5. I find that hard to believe, but then after riding it, I thought the line was too long for it.

TikiGeek
01-25-2005, 01:55 PM
I liked the ride too. We used to make faces at the camera - that was fun. I'm not normal :|

DisneylandForever
01-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Was it just me who actaully enjoyed this ride?

Definitely not. While I didn't particularly care for it, one of my friends loved it. Go figure. Personally I thought riding in a Limo and having your agent talk to you from the TV screen was kinda cool, but the "audio-animatronics" left something to be desired. And the Joan Rivers sequence in the queue, just awful!

hbquikcomjamesl
01-25-2005, 02:17 PM
I thought it sort of cute, in a warped, obnoxious way (but then, I'm a bit warped and obnoxious myself), but it had little "repeatability" for DL regulars, and most of the jokes that were actually funny were too esoteric for anybody BUT DL regulars.

It seems to me that if they combined the SuperStar Lemon building with the Millionaire building and the nearby food court building (long gone, and good riddance; the food was lousy), and maybe expanded it into the south boarding area for the Lion King Tram, there would be enough room for at least a scaled-down version of The Great Movie Ride.

SPEAKING OF IDEAS:
Although I haven't set foot in DisneyQuest, the descriptions I've read of what's in there sound like exactly the sort of technology you'd need for an interactive flight-test-themed simulator attraction that would fit nicely in the Taste Pilots' Grill building, livening up Condor Flats, as well as an interactive cable car simulator that would fit into all those empty storefronts in Bay Area.

hbquikcomjamesl
01-25-2005, 02:18 PM
And the Joan Rivers sequence in the queue, just awful!Can we TALK?!? Like the REAL Joan Rivers isn't obnoxious enough?

bluepearl
01-25-2005, 02:31 PM
...it had little "repeatability" for DL regulars...

Well, I didn't love this attraction, but my friends and I often went on it because either the line was long or we had FPs for somewhere else/were waiting for our restaurant reservations to come up. It was also a nice place to sit for a few minutes in a cool building. I guess I liked it more for the ride and not the view.

kbanmen
01-25-2005, 02:55 PM
I liked it as well, it was a ride that you could just cool off and relax in..the kids liked it too

cstephens
01-25-2005, 03:15 PM
I liked the ride and went on it several times. I'd be going on it regularly if it was still open. The agent I found to be really obnoxious, so we usually threw a jacket or something over the screen. Yeah, the ride was weird, but I thought it was fun. I loved looking for the little touches on the ride.

Disney Vault
01-25-2005, 03:17 PM
The only dark rides that work for me have to have the disney characters. This just seemed like it was a random mess of stuff.

splash
01-25-2005, 04:00 PM
We went on it once and every other time we were there, it was broken down or closed for repair/refurbishment. I guess it just didn't pan out. Would love to see another cool ride there (like Monsters Inc.)

Rouxe1688
01-25-2005, 04:52 PM
ok, yay, i wasn't the only fan of the ride. I do hope DCA comes up with some new rides soon, rides that DISNEY rides, no more orange stringer and ferris wheel type things that you could go on just about anywhere. More creative rides like Soarin', that was awsome, you can even smell the pine trees! It would be cool if they could put in the great movie ride, or maybe Rockin' Roller Coaster, or a tamer coaster like thunfer mountain but with a really imaginative theme. Where's the imagineer dudes? I want to speak with them.

Animalia
01-25-2005, 04:53 PM
My sister enjoyed it. She was always able to get into the whole "You Are The Star" theme of the attraction. I always had a harder time with it.

Throughout the ride the attention was being directed somewhere else when it should've been directed at me. "Oh look, there's Jackie Chan... there's Drew Carry... there's Cher". What about ME?! When my limo finally got me to my premier it didn't stop to let me out. Even the merchandise at the exit had "YOU" written all over it causing ME to read about YOU when it's not about YOU it's about MEEEEEEEEEEE! :mad:

O.K., I'm better now. :| Anyway, I think if the imagineers had designed the attraction more from the point of view of the audience rather than the point of view from the stage it might have made the experience more personal and perhaps would've been more widely accepted.
I'll be in my trailer. :cool:

Opus1guy
01-25-2005, 06:01 PM
the line was like a million miles long.

Agree that it always seemed that way after you rode it, no matter how short it the line really was.

"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours. That's relativity." -- Albert Einstein

When I exited the ride, I never wished the line had been shorter. I wished the ride had been shorter!

D-lander 1956
01-25-2005, 06:08 PM
It seems to me that if they combined the SuperStar Lemon building with the Millionaire building and the nearby food court building (long gone, and good riddance; the food was lousy), and maybe expanded it into the south boarding area for the Lion King Tram, there would be enough room for at least a scaled-down version of The Great Movie Ride.

. . . or it has been rumored Rockin' Roller Coaster will go in there, so who knows.

Corwin17
01-25-2005, 06:28 PM
I'm trying not jumping on any bash-the-ride bandwagon here, but I really hated this attraction from the start! The cue area had some cute aspects, but Joan River's (or the sound-a-like) was too grating. And it was a passive ride! HELLO?! BORING! Make it a 'BUZZ' style shooter where you're a tourist taking pictures! That would give the bloody thing some repeatability.

MonorailChris
01-25-2005, 06:39 PM
I Keep Hearing A Monsters Inc Ride Will Go There But I Like The Idea Of The Great Movie Ride Or The Rock-n Rollar Coaster.but I Also Think They Should Do A House Of Mouse Restaurant.just Like The Cartoon.have All Kinds Of Characters In The Restaurant,also Have Live Character Entertainment,and Cartoons.i Think It Would Be A Big Money Maker ,plus You Could Use All The Costum...i Mean Characters That Don't Get Used Much.maybe Even Have A Section Of Only Villians.

Disney Vault
01-25-2005, 07:12 PM
I think the great movies ride would be great in the backlot area. However I remeber some one came up with the idea of a disney version of the great movies ride with all the disney classics. I think this would be perfect and would have a high capacity.

HTHgal12
01-25-2005, 08:11 PM
I wish they would put the great movie ride in! Hollywood and Vine did have horrid food. I think they were trying to be like that food court in The Land I think it was in at Epcot. Also I liked superstar limo

ToursbabeC3po
01-25-2005, 09:34 PM
I liked the ride myself and I was told by many that they are putting rockin roll roller coaster there. But that will not happen until after all the 50th stuff is done. I was told this by several mechanics but I don't believe until I see.
(((((((((((hugs))))))))))
Tourbabe

sdfilmcritic
01-25-2005, 10:54 PM
I thought the celebrity animatronics were awesome. But that was about all.

Darkbeer
01-26-2005, 12:14 PM
The ride was only open for less than a year, it closed in January of 2002.

The lines always seemed short, and it was fun to watch people walk out the exit....

Supposely this is going to get a Monsters, Inc. overlay and being opening in about a year.

Tigertail777
01-26-2005, 12:56 PM
I do hope DCA comes up with some new rides soon, rides that DISNEY rides, no more orange stringer and ferris wheel type things that you could go on just about anywhere.

Ok I am not a fan of DCA's paradise pier, but I do have to stick up for one thing; the "ferris wheel type thing" is a copy of the original wonder wheel in coney island, there are only about 5 of these kinds of rides left in the world. So, no you cant just ride that one anywhere. Orange stinger however I agree with. ;)

QueenAlisha
01-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Isnt the Rocker Roller Coaster aerosmith? i have never been to WDW :( However anything that is Aerosmith i would wait a million years! ;)

averagedork
01-26-2005, 10:21 PM
I wish this ride was open now. The one time I went on it, I didn't like it so much (although I did like the Drew Carey doll. I could put that on my bed and have everyone trip out as they walked into my room.), but I hang out in the Backlot and Muppets isn't so fun the 50th time around.

Monsters Inc would be cool. Cute movie, but Boo kinda' creeped me out (I work with that age group! They don't look like that... there's more spitting up and such). Can't they just put in a Woody's Roundup ride in the park? Seriously that'd be my ideal dark ride.