PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian Theme Park Concierge anyone?

tlovesdis
01-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Has anyone had this particular room/view with concierge and if so can you tell me about it?

This is what we are booking for our October trip. We want to give congierge a try and are splurging.

Thanks!

ftroop6
01-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Greetings,

We have been fortunate to have stayed there many times with Concierge/theme park view and it is our most favorite. Our favorite rooms are 6308 and 6306. We enjoy these for the view and the closeness to the Craftsman Lounge. They room choice is really dependant on the types of beds you want. We liked getting the queen with bunkbeds because of the kids. (having the bunkbeds give you a little more room) I have heard that the concierge rooms on the 6th floor are a little bigger than the other floors but I don't think it is noticeable if that is true.
The Craftsman Lounge is very nice and there is both inside and outside seating. They will make you some really wonderful hot chocolate (not the water kind) Very yummy. They have a great bedtime story time for the kids. The kids come in their pj's and lay on the floor with pillows. Also the fireworks for the lounge are quite nice. Breakfast is a step up continenal type. Everything is very fresh. In the afternoon they bring out fresh baked cookies and then in the evening they have wine and cheese and various other yummy things to snack on. Of course all day there are chips, soda and water.
Have fun!!!!!!

Surfingstitch
01-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Oh,

Free snacks.

I might stay there next.

CarlieB
01-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Which floors are the concierge rooms on? I take it not all the rooms on the 6th floor are concierge rooms?

hlbtimes2
01-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Oh,

Free snacks.

I might stay there next.

They are not exactly "free". Concierge service rooms are about $150 more per night then the regular room of the same view, etc. $150 a day would buy a lot of snacks in the park!

MouseWife
01-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Whoa.

Can you get Concierge with AP rates? Or do they not upgrade from the low rates?

ftroop6
01-25-2005, 03:34 PM
They are not exactly "free". Concierge service rooms are about $150 more per night then the regular room of the same view, etc. $150 a day would buy a lot of snacks in the park!

If the 150.00 just went for snacks then yes you could do better in the park but you are paying for the whole package. We stayed in sept. with regular rooms and missed the "extras" (no matter how slight) that you get when you have concierge. We have alot of friends that just think we are crazy and that it is just too much money but its one of those things, you either love it or just don't care about it.
I might also add here that we also have tried the concierge at the DL Hotel and won't ever do that again. You just don't get the same kind of service there as at the GC, and it cost the same for the upgrade.

As far as AP discounts, it is usually just the standard 10%.