PDA

View Full Version : Best off-property hotel to stay in

Raven
01-25-2005, 09:54 AM
I have learned so much from you all by reading this board. Thank you all so much for all of your input! I have read something about off property hotels, but I cannot remember where...after staying in the Grand Californian, I am having a hard time finding a nice place off property to stay in. (Guess I got spoiled!) Any ideas for a good off property hotel to stay at for 2 adults and 2 kids (11 and 13)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you all!

Tinkerbelle923
01-25-2005, 12:29 PM
I know what you mean about being spoiled...Our last trip was on property (Paradise Pier) and we got spoiled too...I hate the thought of staying off site again, but this year i could not get a room (booked mostly, or too much $$$)
so I had to chose off site again.

In the past we have stayed at the
-Park Inn Anaheim (which we really like, nice, clean, very close, cont. breakfast leaves a lot to be desired though)(we stayed 3 times I think)
we have also stayed at the
-Tropicana (10 yrs ago...I hear it's had a nice redo since then...I hope so)
-Jolly Roger (on a budget trip) I was pleasently surprised (great view of the fireworks)
-and this year we have Reservations at the Candy Cane Inn (It looks nice, I find out in July)

hope that helps out some

Annes2kiddies
01-25-2005, 12:43 PM
We have stayed the last couple of years at the Portofino Inn. We have gotten the kids suite that has 2 rooms with sliding doors between them. One room has a king size bed and the other room has a bunkbed. It works out great for our family (2 adults and kids 4&5). We get the room for about $99/night which isn't cheap, but great to have the two rooms in one like that.

Anne

Sheila
01-25-2005, 12:48 PM
I have learned so much from you all by reading this board. Thank you all so much for all of your input! I have read something about off property hotels, but I cannot remember where...after staying in the Grand Californian, I am having a hard time finding a nice place off property to stay in. (Guess I got spoiled!) Any ideas for a good off property hotel to stay at for 2 adults and 2 kids (11 and 13)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you all!

Raven, have you had a chance to read our readers' reviews of all the Disneyland area hotels yet? Most readers prefer to stay at one of the Harbor Blvd. motels due to their closeness to the main gate entrance of Disneyland:

Walking Distance Hotels Near the Main Gate (East of DL) (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Hotels%20%2F% 20Walking%20distance%20hotels%20east%20of%20the%20 park%2C%20near%20the%20main%20gate)

Sheila

Spazz
01-25-2005, 12:56 PM
My sister and I have also been spoiled by staying on property, but we found the Sheraton Anaheim to be the best off property hotel. It has a free shuttle to the park, or if you have an AP with parking, it is very easy to get into the Mickey and Friends parking structure. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are the largest we found off-property. They have room service and they also have a nice resteraunt in the hotel and the food was wonderful. The only drawback we found to this hotel is that they charge $10 per night for parking. You can get an internet rate of $89 per night if you book on the sherarton web site.

Raven
01-25-2005, 01:44 PM
Thank you very much. Thanks Sheila, maybe that is where I was when I got "lost" on the site before! :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Hojo

Darkbeer
01-27-2005, 02:23 PM
I am staying this weekend at HoJo's, the staff is wonderful, the rooms are good sized, and most have balconies. The pool areas are very nice, and the grounds are nice and shady. The prices are fair, and you get free high speed internet.

MouseSavers.com has a link to a special discounted rate.

Heck, HoJo's won the 2004 MousePlanet Reader's Choice award...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050104avp.htm

The Lovely Mrs. tod
01-27-2005, 03:08 PM
We too, stayed at the Grand Californian and it completely spoiled the local places for me.

However, we like the Park Place, not only for it's rooms but for it's location right across the street.

-TLMt

Surfingstitch
01-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Accross the street is the best. Park Vue, Park Place, Anaheim Inn. All are great deals.

SCUBAbe
01-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Accross the street is the best. Park Vue, Park Place, Anaheim Inn. All are great deals.
I liked park vue...a nice room is great if your planning to be in it for any length of time, but we just shower and sleep in the room. When we go to DL we go to see the parks not sit in a nice room.

I Heart Disneyland!
01-27-2005, 05:04 PM
We like Homewood Suites (a Hilton hotel) because it has a living room, bedroom & kitchen. We buy our breakfast goodies at Blue Ribbon Bakery before leaving DL at night, and have them the next morning in our hotel room kitchen! (Not to mention, the hotel has free breakfast.) I have horrible insomnia and often stay awake past the time hubby wants the t.v. on, so, I go in the living room and watch in there until I get sleepy. We got a room for $119 for the week of May 5th, for the 50th kickoff. They have a DL shuttle, and it only takes about 10 minutes to get to the park from the hotel. We really like it.

Opus1guy
01-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Raven...see my posts on the Sheraton Anaheim in this thread:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=27928

I happen to think it's the nicest full-service mid-priced property around the Park, and the theming and landscaping is so nicely done that you'll feel a bit like you're in a Disney hotel, at a fraction of the cost. I guess you could say it's a poor-man's Disney hotel. ;)

HorizonsA
01-27-2005, 10:06 PM
The Hilton is pretty nice. It's right where the Convention Center is. They provide transportation to and from Disneyland. And it's not that far of a walking distance either. My family and I stayed there for New Years and it was great. You can even buy your Disneyland tickets right there in the lobby too. I don't know about prices, but it's just a suggestion.

sleepyjeff
01-27-2005, 10:19 PM
The Hilton is pretty nice. It's right where the Convention Center is. They provide transportation to and from Disneyland. And it's not that far of a walking distance either. My family and I stayed there for New Years and it was great. You can even buy your Disneyland tickets right there in the lobby too. I don't know about prices, but it's just a suggestion.

The Hilton is not a bad choice. I think there may be better out there though.

My review of the Hilton...http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrhiltonandtowers

sdfilmcritic
01-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Embassy Suites.

splash
01-28-2005, 08:39 AM
We have stayed at the Marriott Fairfield Inn which is just about a block away from the crosswalk to Disneyland. The rooms are spacious and it was just remodeled about a year and a half ago. Plus, it is a great view of the parks and the fireworks. Our room was $59 for 2 queen beds. It is a little bit of a walk, but not impossible, there is a shuttle too. I would suggest that you DO NOT stay at the Park Vue (cheap but also it is a dive), our room had ants and the lights did not work. :rolleyes:

Elways way
01-28-2005, 01:35 PM
I have always liked the Embassy Suites in Buena Park. It is not as close to DL as some of the others....but they have a shuttle that may take five minutes longer than some of the others and its right next to Knotts (walking distance). You get all the amenities of a normal Embassy and its in a great location (by all the dinner shows and great restaraunts). The staff is great too! You can't beat the complimentary cocktail mixer after a long day of walking around! Everybody we go with loves it!