PDA

View Full Version : Mansion Blasphemy!

Pages : [1] 2

disneyboy
01-24-2005, 05:22 PM
APRIl/DECEMBER IS GONE!!!!!!!!! THIS IS HERESY! BLASHEMOUS!! THIS IS MARC DAVIS!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!??????????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Flint
01-24-2005, 05:22 PM
*digs around in closet for tranq gun*

Captain Josh
01-24-2005, 05:25 PM
*digs around in closet for tranq gun*

I GUESS tha's more effiecient than the "throwing of rocks from afar" approach I would've employed.

...whether or not it's more FUN, well, that is subjective.

marktips
01-24-2005, 05:44 PM
What's he talking about anyways?

Rouxe1688
01-24-2005, 05:49 PM
April December is one of the portraits in the HM, the young girl. I'm a bit peeved she's gone too, i think they said she was replaced with something from the HM movie, which i thought was horrendous. If we're going to replace any ride objects with things from their movie, I suggest we replace a couple of beer-bellied pirates with Johnny depp and Orlando Bloom.

Earkid
01-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Breathe in, breathe out.....

At least the Master Gracey portrait is there.

marktips
01-24-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm so confused - did I miss something?

Rouxe1688
01-24-2005, 06:24 PM
I think you did, dear.

marktips
01-24-2005, 06:26 PM
I think you did, dear.

Could someone throw me a clue...?

Rouxe1688
01-24-2005, 06:28 PM
I believe the anger is b/c they updated HM and removed a portrait that Disneyboy was a bit attached to.

marktips
01-24-2005, 06:29 PM
When did this happen? Is there an article or a post or a link?

Earkid
01-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Check out this thread

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=36478

Emma
01-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Is this the portrait of the girl who turns into the old woman?

Sheila
01-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Is this the portrait of the girl who turns into the old woman?

Sounds like it to me, too. Although I'm a Disney purist, I have no real objection to the creative powers that be updating the ride.* Even Walt wouldn't object to that. But the Marc Davis portraits? Ack!

I'd love for the graveyard scene to be updated. And I've always loved the addition of the ghost pianist playing the minor-key Wedding March.

*Disclaimer: However, if the updates involve replacing Madame Leota with Jennifer Tilly then I'm picketing! That's just wrong.... ;)

Emma
01-24-2005, 07:36 PM
*Disclaimer: However, if the updates involve replacing Madame Leota with Jennifer Tilly then I'm picketing! That's just wrong.... ;)

Sheila, where's your sense of adventure? :D

Disney Vault
01-24-2005, 07:39 PM
That would make this ride way too scary! People would just start screaming in that room.

DLRCM
01-24-2005, 07:52 PM
If we're going to replace any ride objects with things from their movie, I suggest we replace a couple of beer-bellied pirates with Johnny depp and Orlando Bloom.

It's funny you say this. I heard that they really close to closing a deal on that. They are (according to what I heard)) going to be replacing one of the pirates with a Captain Jack Sparrow animatronic figure. I'm a huge fan of the film, but you should never tamper with tradition. As far as where this will happen, they are thinking more for WDW than DL, which would be ok with me... ;)

SallySkellington
01-24-2005, 08:15 PM
They are (according to what I heard)) going to be replacing one of the pirates with a Captain Jack Sparrow animatronic figure.

But there's already a Jack Sparrow animatronic! I'm not kidding. When you're riding between the two battling pirate ships, the pirate on the left ship looks just like Jack. This can be seen best from a video with close ups (there's one on the Pirates DVD).

Jeremiah
01-25-2005, 08:54 AM
APRIl/DECEMBER IS GONE!!!!!!!!! THIS IS HERESY! BLASHEMOUS!! THIS IS MARC DAVIS!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!??????????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WOOOOO take a deep breath and think about all of this......As far as I know it is not "Master Gracy" from the movie it is Master Gracy from HM in WDW (maybe wrong but this is what I understand) his picture has been in the first room of HM in WDW since it opened. Also as far as April/Dec goes that pic has not been the same in many many years. Some of you may remember when the pics cahnged a bit slower and it would not just go April-Dec there would be months in between showing the girl getting older, if you look at some of the Gallery pics you can find the missing months. Also if the pic is the same one from WDW I believe it is in the same style.

J

TikiGeek
01-25-2005, 09:41 AM
FYI - If you miss April you can always visit her picture on POTC. Shes in a painting behind the bar, you know, where the skeleton is drinking from a bottle and you can see the "booze" going through his rib cage. Look at the painting behind the bar. :)

hdftboy
01-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Is Morice still working the HM???? I think thats his name. We've been away for 4 long years and I just booked our next trip for first week in March. I wish we could go when the other rides are going, but I like the short lines ect.
Jeff~

Tigertail777
01-25-2005, 11:19 AM
Tiki the painting behind the bar I beleive used the same model (Alice Davis I hear), but its not supposed to be the same character as far as I know. I am pretty sure its supposed to be the red-headed wench in the bride auction scene. Basically this is her in her "pirate life" after the auction. Its also based on a real woman pirate, but I cant recall the name.

Rouxe1688
01-25-2005, 12:01 PM
It's funny you say this. I heard that they really close to closing a deal on that. They are (according to what I heard)) going to be replacing one of the pirates with a Captain Jack Sparrow animatronic figure. I'm a huge fan of the film, but you should never tamper with tradition. As far as where this will happen, they are thinking more for WDW than DL, which would be ok with me... ;)

I do believe this calls for a happy dance :D

Rouxe1688
01-25-2005, 12:03 PM
But there's already a Jack Sparrow animatronic! I'm not kidding. When you're riding between the two battling pirate ships, the pirate on the left ship looks just like Jack. This can be seen best from a video with close ups (there's one on the Pirates DVD).
do you mean the one that ducks down about behind the side of the boat, and has the pistol? I guess he does resemble Johnny Depp a bit, by costume, but deffinately not in the face area.

the mad hatter
01-25-2005, 12:14 PM
This whole jack sparrow idea is really crazygonuts if you ask me. I think it's very tacky. it would almost be as bad as putting jar jar in star tours somewhere, or eddie murphey in the mansion.