PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion, new effects!

calguy77
01-24-2005, 04:12 PM
I have been reading post at lauging place all day about this. Thought for sure someone from MP would have a post. I guess not. So thought I would share this with you. It's pretty cool.LP Haunted Mansion Thread!!! (http://www.laughingplace.com/default.asp?WCI=MsgBoard&WCE=T-57508-P-1&Refresh=0124165631)

Disney Vault
01-24-2005, 05:28 PM
There is a cool video on this site. http://www.mousehub.com/media.php?PHPSESSID=4ac41381e529a094a8100ee4715ab1 d9

I think this all sounds so neat and hope they add more things to other classic rides.

Disneyfreak
01-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Those effects are awesome!!!

Disneyphile
01-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Just witnessed the new effects first-hand this evening. They did a fantastic job. I think everyone will be VERY impressed, and somewhat awe-inspired!

Tigertail777
01-25-2005, 01:28 AM
Anyone know how I can view the video above? I have to choose save target as, and save to my harddrive normally for videos to be viewable on my computer, and evidentally this site doesnt let you do that.

calguy77
01-25-2005, 07:48 AM
first things first you need to be a member. second i just clicked on it and it opened it played. i guess it would depend on your defauly media player.

MrsG
01-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Am I crazy (don't answer that) or didn't they already have the flashing effect on the portraits at one time. It wasn't always the fade effect.

Opus1guy
01-25-2005, 09:02 AM
MsG recalls:
Am I crazy (don't answer that) or didn't they already have the flashing effect on the portraits at one time. It wasn't always the fade effect.

I was waiting and hoping someone would chime in on that! :)

Nope...you aren't crazy. When the Mansion first opened and for over 10 years after that, they flashed in sync with the lightning from the windows. I also recall our disappointment when they switched to the fade method, which was put in place as a cost cutting replacement after the flashing system failed one time.

Tigertail777
01-25-2005, 11:26 AM
first regarding the player, I did sign up to be a member. I HAVE ALWAYS had to put movie files onto my hard drive in order to view them with only a few rare exceptions. I have no idea how to change the settings if thats what it is that makes it so it wont open right away.

Second, the flashing lightening/changing pictures was my favorite part of the entire ride. I too was disspappointed with the slow morph when they changed it. I am so very happy to know that the flashing lightening effect has returned! The slow morph threw off the entire feeling of the hallway for me, there really was no point in the flashing lightening windows when they changed it, which changed the entire original conception of the scene. YAY!!! The lightening effect has returned! I am so happy! :D :D :D

calguy77
01-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Just went today. Pretty cool new effects. The sound of the ride was also amazing. It just seems fresh.

Viva La Disney
01-25-2005, 03:32 PM
I can't wait to see the new effects.They sound cool! :D

MrsG
01-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Nope...you aren't crazy.
Thank you!

Opus1guy
01-25-2005, 05:52 PM
I am so very happy to know that the flashing lightening effect has returned! The slow morph threw off the entire feeling of the hallway for me, there really was no point in the flashing lightening windows when they changed it, which changed the entire original conception of the scene. YAY!!! The lightening effect has returned! I am so happy!

Agree 100%. And you stated it much better than I could have. :)

SoCalDude
01-25-2005, 08:22 PM
We went today and was impressed with the floating crystal ball. It moved around the table and went up and down at the same time - very cool. I jsut wish the wires were a tad thinner as I had no problem seeing them :(

jetkitten
01-25-2005, 11:45 PM
I've read that they changed the panther girl portrait to a tiger. Did they totally change both, just change the cat image or just alter the cat image to be a tiger? :confused:

sdfilmcritic
01-25-2005, 11:57 PM
A cat is a cat, ya know, ya know.

Disney Vault
01-27-2005, 09:13 PM
What about the Exit signs? Have they been toned down at all?

MrsG
01-30-2005, 04:14 PM
I jsut wish the wires were a tad thinner as I had no problem seeing them :(
Just saw this today - very cool. We didn't see any wires and thought it looked great. And we were stuck at that section for about 2 minutes so we had a good look.

Doodle Duck
01-31-2005, 07:17 AM
I don't remember the Mansion looking this good! (Except the Scrim in the final scene was way over lit.) Even though I like the Holiday makeover, (alot) I'm always glad when the old HM comes back and is uncluttered. The new effect of the floating ball is a great addition and the Master Gracey portrait is a stunner. Good job Diz!

calguy77
01-31-2005, 08:53 AM
I just hate how the wallpaper in the stretching room is ripped and torn where they screw in the stainglass effects over the portraits. I just looks like they did a bad job taking stuff down. Other wise the new effects where GREAT. I was able to see how the floating crystal ball worked though. They need to make that room darker.

cstephens
01-31-2005, 10:39 AM
I thought the lightning effect was ok. My husband wasn't too keen on it. I think I would have preferred a combination of fading and lightning effect.

Madame Leota floating was cool, though her face looked different to me somehow.

I totally agree about the scrim at the end. I turned to my husband and said, "Did they really want to make that scrim so incredibly obvious?" It was almost like they were lighting the scrim, not the scene. I think the angle of the light needs to be adjusted.

Opus1guy
02-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Finally rode it today.

Love that the lightning effect is back. And people really notice! Heard lots of "Neats" and "Cools" and such as I stood there and watched folks pass by.

Didn't see any wires on Madame Leota. Maybe my eyes hadn't adjusted to the low light after coming in from the sunlight? But I looked hard, and didn't see a one. Great effect there!