PDA

View Full Version : First ever trip to DLR :)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Colin
01-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Hi all :)

I am looking for some advice here :)

I am from the UK and a regular visitor to Disneyland Resort Paris :) I am making my first trip to California and DLR in June :)

I have a few questions i'd like to ask you experts who live in the area or visit often :)

First point, I intend to stay in the Holiday Inn near the resort, its close and its nice and cheap :) I have stayed in the Holiday Inn at DLP and I absolutely love the Hotel, I hope I will have the same experience in DLR!

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from LAX to the Hotel? Apparently there are a lot of shuttle companies? Which do you think would be the best to use?

Next question is I want to visit other parks in the surrounding areas, mainly Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios Hollywood, Sea World San Diego and Six Flags Magic Mountain, are any of these easily accessible by public transport from the Anaheim Area? I intend to rent a car, but I only really want to use it to get to places inaccessible by public transport as although I have driven on the wrong side of the road :p in France, its always been in my own car, i've never driven a left hand drive car before LOL! It'll be an experience for sure.

Oh incidentally does anyone know of anywhere near Disneyland that offers car rental? I'd like to only rent for a few days, I intend to spend most time at Disneyland :)

Hmm, I am sure I had a load more questions to ask, but I cant think of any of them right now, its getting late LOL I'll check back tomorrow, probably with loads more questions,

Thanks all in advance for your help :)

C°o°lin

NVMulan
01-24-2005, 02:39 PM
I don't have any of the answers but I LOVE the Mickey ears in your name! Soo cute!

Colin
01-24-2005, 02:42 PM
I don't have any of the answers but I LOVE the Mickey ears in your name! Soo cute!

LOL

Maybe thats a DLP Fan thing, I know quite a few DLP fans who have that in their names LOL Its kinda cool init? :)

C°o°lin

Earkid
01-24-2005, 02:46 PM
I wish I had an "O" in my name, :crying:

Surfingstitch
01-24-2005, 02:47 PM
I wish I had an "O" in my name, :crying:

We could add one.

Earkido

VickiC
01-24-2005, 02:48 PM
The places you want to visit are pretty far flung.

Knotts Berry Farm: yes, you can take the local bus service the hotel lobby should have schedules

Universal Studios Hollywood: it can be done, but it is tricky. You would need to take the bus to the Anaheim trtain station, train to LA, light rail and/or bus to USH.

Sea World San Diego and Sx Flags Magic Mountain, no, well, it might be possible but it would take so long it would kill your whole day. Rent a car.

Rental: lots of places will do a couple of days rental and it is much cheaper to rent in Anaheim than at the airport. Enterprise and Hertz both have local offices.

Earkid
01-24-2005, 02:48 PM
We could add one.

Earkido

Thanks Stitch, I like it.

[non-'puter nerd], how do I add my ears?

Surfingstitch
01-24-2005, 02:49 PM
I believe that you can book your other theme park visits through your hotel's front desk.

Is this the Holiday Inn on the other side of the freeway?

Surfingstitch

Hmmmmmmmmmmm......

Don't know that one.

Earkid
The places you want to visit are pretty far flung.

Knotts Berry Farm: yes, you can take the local bus service the hotel lobby should have schedules

Universal Studios Hollywood: it can be done, but it is tricky. You would need to take the bus to the Anaheim trtain station, train to LA, light rail and/or to USH.

Sea World San Diego and Sx Flags Magic Mountain, no, well, it might be possible but it would tae so long it would kill your whole day. Rent a car.

Rental: lots of places will do a couple of days rental and it is much cheaper to rent in Anaheim than at the airport. Enterprise and Hertz both have local offices.

That itinerary makes me tired just reading it.

duffman03
01-24-2005, 02:53 PM
There are a number of sightseeing companies that offer bus tours that take you to the attractions. No need to brave the traffic yourself plus, depending on the driver you get some good history (aka dirt) on the areas you're visiting.

Colin
01-24-2005, 02:53 PM
It will be tiring, but it will be worth it :) Its not every year you can make a trip to california (well I cant anyway)

Err, its this Holiday Inn http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/hd/laxae?irs=null

Thanks for the quick replies already, you guys are great :) I am so excited and its still months away :)

C°o°lin

mystycalchyk
01-24-2005, 02:54 PM

the way to add the º

hold down the 'alt' key and on the 10-key numerical pad type in 0186

º <----- it's the 'degrees' symbol when you are posting temps :)

*computer geek*

Captain Josh
01-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Since no one else said it, the most important part is to HAVE fun.

Maybe you'll get to meet some local padders, hm?

Colin
01-24-2005, 02:56 PM

Where you want to put the ° press and hold down the Alt key to the left of your keyboard and press on the number pad (has to be number pad, not the top) 0176. If you do this you will get the symbol ° :)

C°o°lin

Colin
01-24-2005, 02:58 PM
the way to add the º

hold down the 'alt' key and on the 10-key numerical pad type in 0186

º <----- it's the 'degrees' symbol when you are posting temps :)

*computer geek*

0186 works as well, interesting :) º° hmm, either or :) Cant remember which I used anymore, I just copy it from my MSN name nowadays ROFLMAO!

Surfingstitch
01-24-2005, 03:00 PM
It will be tiring, but it will be worth it :) Its not every year you can make a trip to california (well I cant anyway)

Err, its this Holiday Inn http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/hd/laxae?irs=null

Thanks for the quick replies already, you guys are great :) I am so excited and its still months away :)

C°o°lin

I have stayed at that holiday inn once before. You can walk to the park everyday, but I chose to use the ART transit system. (Walking all day in the park then walking back to the hotel seems really far)

How long are you going to be in California?

Are you traveling alone?

Colin
01-24-2005, 03:03 PM
I will be arriving on 9th June, and leaving on the 26th June, at some point between then i'll also be having 2 nights/3 days in vegas. Gonna fly there :) (Do you feel even more exhausted LOL)

I was going to be coming with a couple of other DLP fans, but they dont seem to be able to make it, so its just myself and my younger brother :)

C°o°lin

Earkid
01-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks all, and have a great trip Cºoºlin!!

Earkidºoº

danyoung
01-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Oh incidentally does anyone know of anywhere near Disneyland that offers car rental? I'd like to only rent for a few days, I intend to spend most time at Disneyland :)

There are a couple of places on Harbor, within a couple blocks of DL. If memory serves, there's a National Car Rental and a Thrifty.

Surfingstitch
01-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Earkidºoº

Perfect

teach
01-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Colin

Your trip sounds very similar to ours which we have planned for end of March. We are flying into LAX, renting a car and driving down to San Diego for Seaworld and the Zoo (three nights). We will come back to Disneyland for three days, hit Knott's for a day and then Universal for a day. In total, 10 days and 9 nights. This itinerary seemed to be the most efficient. We are purchasing Citypasses which will get us into everything but Universal. The car rental from the airport is cheap. It saves us transfer fees and the additional cost of transportation to the other theme parks.

teach
01-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Forgot to mention that we are actually staying at the same Holiday Inn. Word is that it can be noisy being right next to the freeway. Also it is a good distance for a walk to the park. But on the plus side, it has good rates, kids eat for free, and it has an excellent pool.

Flint
01-24-2005, 05:48 PM
teach, just realize that LA traffic from LAX is really nasty (not to mention getting out of the airport is a PAIN). Don't forget to budget for traffic in your plans. In all of SoCal, there is traffic nearly every hour of the day.

*still bitter about taking 3.5 hours to go 50 miles...*

Surfingstitch
01-24-2005, 05:57 PM
*still bitter about taking 3.5 hours to go 50 miles...*

Took me 2 hours to go 7 miles.