PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a week!

NVMulan
01-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Which week???
Sun Feb 20th - Thurs Feb 24th (days include Presidents day)
Sun Mar 13th - Thurs Mar 17th (Very very start of Spring Break..but not full blown Spring Break)

We can go either week. Which will be less crowded. The week in Feb will have President's Day and kids out of school. March will border spring break activities...however a bit early on the curve. Most CA schools will not be out however The Arizona schools will be out. Also various colleges.

March has longer hours which could be nice. Mmost fo the feb days will not be high attendance at all...except for the Sun and Mon...

Please help! :confused:

sdfilmcritic
01-24-2005, 01:51 PM
I would think the February dates are less crowded, but the March week would have more rides open (I assume).

NVMulan
01-24-2005, 01:56 PM
True true...but how much LESS crowded? And President's Day will not be low on the crowds! Thanks for the reply!

sdfilmcritic
01-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Less people as in manageable crowds. Spring break would be packed full of families and "youngins" (< or = 18 years old).

NVMulan
01-24-2005, 02:50 PM
Well the real Spring Break starts on Friday March 18th and I will be gone on March 17th if I pick this week. That is when the hours go to midnight.

Surfingstitch
01-24-2005, 02:53 PM
When does the Disney Music Days start?

That is when it will be crowded.

NVMulan
01-24-2005, 03:03 PM
I tried calling Disney Travel and no one there seemed to know...

Where do I find out that info?

disneyguy247
01-24-2005, 03:45 PM
tiki room reopens after march 11.
u might use that info to make your plans.

NVMulan
01-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Well neither week was full at the GCH. I had my pick of standard, DTD, or themepark view. Currently we have tentivive reservations for thr march dates Themepark view. But that could change...

NVMulan
01-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Bump

spacemountain85
01-25-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm interested to hear about crowds for March 13-17 as well, since I'm going then too! My family had originally intended to go the weekend before, but then we found out that the Anaheim convention center is having some huge cheerleading competition. :rolleyes:

sdfilmcritic
01-25-2005, 12:37 AM
I'm interested to hear about crowds for March 13-17 as well, since I'm going then too! My family had originally intended to go the weekend before, but then we found out that the Anaheim convention center is having some huge cheerleading competition. :rolleyes:
Quagmire: Dear Journal. Jackpot.

I just had to post it.

spacemountain85
01-25-2005, 09:48 AM
Quagmire: Dear Journal. Jackpot.

I just had to post it.
I believe that's "Dear Diary: Jackpot" GIGGITY GIGGITY GIG-I-TY

NVMulan
01-25-2005, 11:12 AM
I really wanted someone to assure me the March crowds would be alright since it was just the easliest spring break traffic and not the main spring break crowd. That didn't really happen. So I think we will prolly end up enduring President's Day and having the following 3 days be perfect!

Susan L
01-25-2005, 11:19 AM
As far as crowds for that week of March. I know my sisters kids don't have spring break until the last week of March. She live only 20 minutes away. But every school district is different. I've been there during President's weekend before and it was hell. So if I had to choose it would be March.

NVMulan
01-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Well and when I called last week to get the reservations the GCH wasn't full so how booked up can it be?

RideMax Mark
01-25-2005, 12:08 PM
My opinion is that your February dates will be better. That week in March has the state of AZ on Spring break, and last year during that week Disney seemed caught a bit "off-guard" by the crowds -- extending park hours at the last minute, etc.

In February, Sunday and Monday will be busy, but the crowds should drop off dramatically once Tuesday arrives.

Gramiangel420
01-25-2005, 12:28 PM
We will be going to DLR the week of March 19th. My daughter has a college break but out local schools don't have breaks until the middle of April. Oh well, we have been there when it is crowded and we had a magically time. We are staying at the GCH. We have never stayed at one of the resort hotels before.
Have a wonderful time in Feb.

NVMulan
01-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Well I just got done paying for our trip! We finally went with the Feb dates. I know President's Day will be one of the day but I figured since we are staying at the GCH we can do some hotels activities if it gets to crowded. The other days should just be wonderful!

Thanks for all the input from everyone!