PDA

View Full Version : Riding the HM all the way around...

SJSman
01-24-2005, 12:43 PM
How many of you have wanted SO BADLY to just stay on the ride and see a) whats between where you exit the ride and get on the ride and b) how long it is between the two? Am I just crazy?

Andrew
01-24-2005, 12:45 PM
a) There isn't much, and b) ride with a party where one member is using a wheelchair.

MammaSilva
01-24-2005, 01:42 PM
1) a wall and a curtain.....very short.....exciting the first time...routine after that....but fun to ride UP the stretching room every time we do it.

sdfilmcritic
01-24-2005, 01:58 PM
I thought there was a control room window that could let the operators peer into every buggy before it arrives at the pickup queue.

sediment
01-24-2005, 02:00 PM
They're saving that part for "Haunted Mansion After Dark." It gets really scary, but it's very short.

Andrew
01-24-2005, 02:06 PM
I thought there was a control room window that could let the operators peer into every buggy before it arrives at the pickup queue.
Yes, but the curtain over that window is usually drawn--and has been, every time I've been that way.

Aurora
01-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Theres no window, its just open space with the big black curtain. CMs walk through there when they are switching positions. Behind the curtain is where their "tower" is.

MammaSilva
01-24-2005, 09:52 PM
the floor that you can see at the bottom of the curtain is pretty boring, looks like old fashion tile stuff not real tile but the funky old stuff used in old kitchens and halls, or at least it did the last time we rode and I looked...

marktips
01-24-2005, 09:55 PM
It wouldn't be Disney without carpet walls and plastic floors. Monsantano was good to the world of interiors.

hbquikcomjamesl
01-25-2005, 07:28 AM
I've been in the control tower. The bowels of HM were a featured stop for the week or two that DL offered a backstage tour, and I can confirm that (1) there's just a curtain separating the Omnimover track from the tower, and (2) it's just a room (somewhat irregularly-shaped, as I recall) with a few racks of audio, ride control, and video surveillance equipment, and a CM in costume monitoring everything. Seeing the underside of an Omnimover track was much more interesting.

I'd tell you more, but then I'd have to kill you.

Incidentally, it's quite a few flights of boring steel stairs down.