PDA

View Full Version : Please confirm IASW is open now

amismo
01-24-2005, 06:04 AM
I have 2 IASW fanatics (they are under 4) - and we happened to visit in November when it was closed. I need a Disneyland fix, thinking of going this weekend - so could some kind soul let me know if it is now open?

It isn't on the refurbishment list at disneyland.com

Thanks

TimBuk2
01-24-2005, 06:36 AM
You may check with the park hotline - but I think in November is when they were decorating it for the Christmas Holiday, and that should be over by now.

Darkbeer
01-24-2005, 09:13 AM
It was supposed to open today, this weekend they had the flume filled with water, and the boats in the flume, so it looked ready to reopen.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
01-24-2005, 09:37 AM
It looked closed last night.

SoCalDude
01-24-2005, 11:57 AM
we plan on going tommrow (Tues) and I hope it is open! We went last week when it was closed and the trip just did not feel right not going on it!

So if you do not get your answer today, I will let you know when we get back.

D-lander 1956
01-24-2005, 01:27 PM
we plan on going tommrow (Tues) and I hope it is open! We went last week when it was closed and the trip just did not feel right not going on it!

OK, I have to ask SoCalDude!! Do you actually like going on IASW or do you go on because your kids like it. My hubby "swears" that no man goes on that ride willingly, and I say he is wrong! Any other men care to prove my hubby wrong and say right here on MP that they like IASW! :cool:

MrsG
01-24-2005, 01:36 PM
My hubby "swears" that no man goes on that ride willingly,
My hubby would agree with your hubby. I only get to go on it once a year (Christmas) unless I'm at the park by myself.

Andrew
01-24-2005, 01:55 PM
During the non-holiday portion of the year, I'll ride iasw if others in my party want to. I won't do it myself voluntarily. When it's in "holiday" mode, I love it and will ride at least once per visit.

Darkbeer
01-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Stopped by the park today, I can confirm that iasw is open, along with the Haunted Mansion. The Tea Cups are now closed :(

danyoung
01-24-2005, 03:48 PM
I'll ride it maybe every other visit (so maybe every other year) just for nostalgia's sake. By the end of it, I've had enough of it!!!

SoCalDude
01-24-2005, 05:09 PM
OK, I have to ask SoCalDude!! Do you actually like going on IASW or do you go on because your kids like it. My hubby "swears" that no man goes on that ride willingly, and I say he is wrong! Any other men care to prove my hubby wrong and say right here on MP that they like IASW! :cool:

LOL

Well, going on it makes me happy because I see how much my kids love it and it just puts a huge smile on thier face as they try to sing along. But even if they were not with me I would prob still go on it just becuse at this point it has become a part of the visit - and the last trip we went on last week really did feel like somethng was missing because we did not go on it.

amismo
01-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Thank you kind sir!! We will be visiting in 11 days - Yeay!!!!

Emma
01-24-2005, 07:35 PM

:p My hubby calls them "The Singing Dolls From Hell" but he goes on it quite a bit (our daughters love it)

evrythngwmn
01-25-2005, 05:18 AM
:p My hubby calls them "The Singing Dolls From Hell" but he goes on it quite a bit (our daughters love it)

To add to the singing dolls from hell theory, at night they often leave them running but without the music. It's very freaky. The African dolls at the very end sound like they are chopping wood because of their movements.

D-lander 1956
01-25-2005, 06:01 PM
To add to the singing dolls from hell theory, at night they often leave them running but without the music. It's very freaky. The African dolls at the very end sound like they are chopping wood because of their movements.

OMG - Thanks a lot evrythngwmn - I think I may have nightmares tonight! :mad:

SoCalDude
01-25-2005, 08:16 PM
lol - as others have already said it was open. Today they only had one side loading and even with that we walked directly on with no wait at all. The wait to get off was still about the same.

And the kids loved it - but they kept asking where the christmas part went lol.