PDA

View Full Version : Can You Get into Mickey and Friends Off Katella?

EandCDad
12-14-2001, 11:10 AM
We generally exit the 5 N on Harbor turn left on Ball and then turn left onto Disneyland Drive. If you get off on Katella and turn right on Disneyland Drive, can you get into the Mickey and Friends parking structure? Disney.com has a map that makes it look like maybe you can't and the written directions put you in the Timon Lot which is either not open or a long walk if I remember correctly.

Ghoulish Delight
12-14-2001, 12:49 PM
Actually you can get to the structure that way...sort of. What you end up having to do is go all the way down to Ball and make a U-turn.

Actually, if you're on the 5 north, here's the best way I've found to get to the structure. Get off at the Disney Way exit (either the carpool or the regular one, doesn't matter. On the right are some auxilary parking lots. There will be a light at Clementine with a small sign that says "Theme Parks" pointing right. Turn right. Just follow this around, and it'll dump you on Harbor just before the freeway overpass. Turn right, then head to Ball as before. This skips over a bunch of traffic lights.

Hades
12-14-2001, 01:15 PM
Yes, you can use that route. IMHO, the Ball road route is more direct, but sometimes time consuming (depending on the traffic).

Here are the directions for getting to the Mickey and Friends lot from Katella:

After turning right from Katella onto Disneyland Drive, you will pass the first light (parking for Downtown Disney is the left there). After that, the second light is the entrances for the parking of Paradise Pier Hotel (left) and Grand California Hotel check in (right). The third light is Magic Way. There, you make a left. You will have Mickey and Friends parking access on your right.

Just a little note, those entrances might not always be open. With staffing as it is, currently, they might only have CM's available for the main entrance of the parking structure. If this is the case, continue up Magic Way to Walnut, make a right. You will come up to Ball road and make a right, and then come back to Disneyland Drive again. Make the right and merge into the center lanes to get to the Mickey and Friends parking structure.

As far as the Timon lot, it is always open, if memory serves me right. It just fills up early. It also has tram service, so there really is no need to walk. In fact, the distance to walk to the tram stop there is shorter than that of the tram stop for the Mickey and friends lot.

And one side note on the Timon lot: If you are traveling north on the I-5, use the carpool lane (povided you have someone with you! You don't want to get a ticket! :) ). There is an exit onto Disney Way, which will take you directly to the Timon lot entrance. Thought you might like to know that.:)

EandCDad
12-14-2001, 01:40 PM
Thanks guys. I will try the Katella to DL Drive to Magic Way and if it is not open I'll swing around and enter on DL Drive. I just realized that since we have a parking pass, I can't park in Timon anyway. Isn't that right?

mad4mky
12-14-2001, 02:04 PM
Every time we have gone down to DLR...we go up Katella, turn right on Disneyland Dr, and go left into the Mickey and Friends Parking structure, like you do when you park for Downtown Disney.

Never have we had to go up to Ball and do a U turn into the Main entrance. I know that sometimes they direct traffic that way, but we have never had to go that route...not even once.

Ghoulish Delight
12-14-2001, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad
I just realized that since we have a parking pass, I can't park in Timon anyway. Isn't that right?

True, they don't want you to. I haven't tried in months, though. The last time I tried, they stuck a red paper under my wiper and at the point that I was about to cross Disneyland Drive into Pumba, I was directed to turn right and head to the structure. Not sure if that's still what they do if you 'accidentally' end up in the Lion King entrance, or if they've given up and just let you park there.

EandCDad
12-15-2001, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by mad4mky
Every time we have gone down to DLR...we go up Katella, turn right on Disneyland Dr, and go left into the Mickey and Friends Parking structure, like you do when you park for Downtown Disney.

Never have we had to go up to Ball and do a U turn into the Main entrance. I know that sometimes they direct traffic that way, but we have never had to go that route...not even once.

Mad4mky, are you saying that you can get off on Katella, turn right on Disneyland Drive and then make a left turn directly into the structure (which is past the downtown disney parking and downtown disney itself)? Or are you making a left turn on Magic Way and merging into the structue. Not doubting you but you seem to be directly contradicting Goulish Delight and the Disney.com map I have seen and I'm trying to clairfy before I try anything new.

The map here (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/Maps/index) seems to show some parking before you get to Magic Way on the left just past DTD. Is this the lot you are going into? Again, just trying to clarify, not doubting.

mad4mky
12-15-2001, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad

Mad4mky, are you saying that you can get off on Katella, turn right on Disneyland Drive and then make a left turn directly into the structure (which is past the downtown disney parking and downtown disney itself)? Or are you making a left turn on Magic Way and merging into the structue. Not doubting you but you seem to be directly contradicting Goulish Delight and the Disney.com map I have seen and I'm trying to clairfy before I try anything new.

The map here (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/Maps/index) seems to show some parking before you get to Magic Way on the left just past DTD. Is this the lot you are going into? Again, just trying to clarify, not doubting.

Well, I didn't even know that the street we turn left onto from Disneyland Dr. was Magic Way. Yes, you turn on Magic Way...left is to the DTD parking, right into Mickey and Friends...When you go to pay Parking...you are besides Pinocchio...but once you pay, you bypass that up and go into the structure...we always park at Chip and Dale (the bottom of the lot) because of Kendall...
Sorry for the confusion. I just thought we were going up a drive way to the structure...not on a "Way or Dr.". But, I am sure Ghoulish Delight knows more than us...we only go down 3 or 4 times a year...but like I said, we have never had to do the "U" turn at Ball. Maybe we got lucky? Who knows?

EandCDad
12-15-2001, 03:41 PM
Ok, thanks.