PDA

View Full Version : How is September at Disney?

kirstyfly
01-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Hi guys

I am looking at planning a trip to LA in September of this year around about the 22nd ish. Main aim of this trip is to visit Disneyland.

The plan is to spend my 30th Birthday at Disneyland.

What is this time of year like weather wise and crowd wise.

What time of night are the parks usually open till?

Thanks
kirsty

Shortiemetoo
01-22-2005, 06:26 PM
My daughter and son in law went the last week/first few days of Sept/Oct. in 2004. The weather was beautiful, the crowds were very light tues/wed/thurs and then heavier on fri-sun. They happend to hit when HMH opened and really enjoyed that! They both have said that when they have children they will bring them in sept/oct to avoid the heat/crowds and enjoy the park!! Me...I would go any time at all. ;)

TimBuk2
01-22-2005, 06:30 PM
I used to be a local for over 35 years, and went to DLR very often in all months during the year.

September after local school starts is not bad at all. But count on it being a little busier due to the 1 1/2 year long 50th anniv. celebration. Overall I think it will be safe.

BQ2
01-23-2005, 06:19 AM
We always go to DLR in Sept. Right after Labor day. It is a great time to go! Warm enough to swim and light crowds too . [:)]

Darkbeer
01-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Expect Disneyland to be open from around 10 AM to 8 PM during the week, and 9 AM to 11 PM on the weekend. The Haunted Mansion will be closed to install the holiday layover, and one or two other attractions might be closed. You should get the parade daily, but Fireworks will probably only be on the weekends.

Crowds are light during the week, the weather should be nice, and you should have a great time!