PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotels and Family Fun Magazine

AllisinWunderland
01-22-2005, 02:15 PM
I hope this is the correct place to post this question and that it hasn't already been addressed (the search function doesn't seem to work on my computer- probably caused by the dreaded Norton Anti-Spam!).

In December of 2003, we stayed 1 night at the Paradise Pier Hotel for a ridiculously low cost. As I was packing up to check-out, I took the Family Fun Magazine that was sitting on the entertainment center with me. Knowing this is a Disney publication, I assumed this was OK.
About a month or so later, I started receiving Family Fun at home on a regular basis. Now, mind you, I have subscribed to Family Fun in the past and always enjoyed reading it, but my DD is older now and many of the tips in there don't apply like they used to, so I would not pay for a subscription. I figured somehow my lifting the magazine in the hotel automatically signed me up for a subscription and when I received the bill, I'd just cancel it. The bill never arrived, yet I continued to receive the magazine in the mail on a monthly basis.

December 2004, I receive another copy of the magazine with a special cover on it saying it was my last issue, resubscribe, blah, blah, blah and pay $9 or something for another year. No great loss if I don't get it anymore, so I just ignored it.
Well, lo and behold, the other day I received yet another copy of this magazine with a new label on it saying the end date is now Dec. '05!
I'm certain nobody is giving this to me as a gift subscription- I mean, wouldn't they tell me if they were so I could properly thank them?
Is this just a perk for staying at a Disney property? Or have I somehow just entered some sort of glitch in the system? Any information would ease my boggled mind.
Thanks!

Wendi
01-22-2005, 02:22 PM
I've never gotten it for staying on Disney property... boo hoo!!! I don't book directly through Disney Vacations though.

AllisinWunderland
01-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Interesting- I don't think I booked through Disney Vacations, either. It was a special deal on Sundays only- I think called Super Sundays or something like that and I believe I called the regular reservations line. We usually stay off property but couldn't beat this deal- I think it was around $59. I'll be curious to hear if anybody else has had this happen.

JeffG
01-22-2005, 05:56 PM
Interesting- I don't think I booked through Disney Vacations, either. It was a special deal on Sundays only- I think called Super Sundays or something like that and I believe I called the regular reservations line.

If you called the regular reservation line, then you booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company. It sounds like you did get a package of some sort, so it is possible the magazine subscription was part of it. I think subscriptions to that magazine are typically pretty inexpensive (around $10 per year), so it would be an easy extra for them to include.

-Jeff

Hakuna Makarla
01-22-2005, 06:29 PM
I booked thru disney and did not get that! Wow you are lucky go with it !