PDA

View Full Version : Mickey shaped Sourdough Bread loaves at DCA.

sdfilmcritic
01-22-2005, 01:41 AM
Has anybody tried them? Are they tasty? I've always wanted to get one, but they look like they could feed two people and I didn't want to be a pig to get one for just myself. But if someone posts about how wonderful they are I might be tempted to just buy one for myself.

TikiGeek
01-22-2005, 02:42 AM
If they are fresh, yes they are very good. Make sure that you get one that has not been in the sun, they get soggy (yeck!). If you get one that is not fresh take it back - they will gladly give you a "fresh" one. Go to Boudins (sp?) and ask for some butter. They make a great snack for 2 or more but have fun and pig out :) Remember - man does not live by bread alone - go to Pacific Wharf and get a beer, it goes great with the bread :D

kohl
01-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Where do you get the bread? We have went to Boudins(?) and the only bread they had for sale was a huge loaf.

SCUBAbe
01-22-2005, 12:35 PM
I usually just get the salad bowl size bread. It is really good and something I'm told to get everytime I go by my non-disnry loving BF...:)

cstephens
01-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Has anybody tried them? Are they tasty? I've always wanted to get one, but they look like they could feed two people and I didn't want to be a pig to get one for just myself. But if someone posts about how wonderful they are I might be tempted to just buy one for myself.

They are pretty good, but I honestly can't imagine buying it and eating it in the park unless you really just want A LOT of bread. When I've bought them in the past, it was to bring home, and I think it took me a couple of days to get through it.

sediment
01-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Eating the bottom out could result in a pretty neat hat.

spacemountain85
01-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Echoing kohl's question on where to buy this in DCA. I'm so hot for sourdough bread; I must have some. :D

SCUBAbe
01-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Echoing kohl's question on where to buy this in DCA. I'm so hot for sourdough bread; I must have some. :D
I get mine in the pacific warf restaurant. Where they sell the soup or salads in the breadbowls. I ask for one when I'm getting lunch. The salad bowl size (which is larger than the soup size) was $5.00. They put it in a plastic bag for you with a tie.

spacemountain85
01-23-2005, 11:55 AM
I get mine in the pacific warf restaurant. Where they sell the soup or salads in the breadbowls. I ask for one when I'm getting lunch. The salad bowl size (which is larger than the soup size) was $5.00. They put it in a plastic bag for you with a tie.
So they are Mickey-shaped bread bowls? Regardless of their shape, they sound delicious.

SCUBAbe
01-23-2005, 11:57 AM
So they are Mickey-shaped bread bowls? Regardless of their shape, they sound delicious.

yeah, you get a choice. I think the mickey shaped ones are 7 or 8 dollars. I just like the round ones. easier to make sandwhiched with or garlic bread..:)

sdfilmcritic
01-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Eating the bottom out could result in a pretty neat hat.So, if Wisconsin has the Cheese Heads then DCA has the Bread Heads?

I Heart Disneyland!
01-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Has anybody tried them? Are they tasty? I've always wanted to get one, but they look like they could feed two people and I didn't want to be a pig to get one for just myself. .

Gosh, what a pig! ;) (heehee) They are great! Get one!!!

RStar
01-25-2005, 04:27 PM

Think of a large Mickey pretzel. It's a flat loaf, not a bowl. I't good enough to eat! ;)