PDA

View Full Version : Going To Disneyland For 50th Anniversary Kick Off!

I Heart Disneyland!
01-21-2005, 05:47 PM
YAHOOOOOOO! :D I just booked our flights, hotel & rental car cause we're going to DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And we didn't even have to win the Super Bowl! ha) I wanted to be there when the 50th anniversary kicks off on May 5th, so, I did it. We're going to arrive April 30th so that we'll have a few days before the big day. They are closed May 4th, in preparation, so, we will go to San Diego that day! I am beyond excited! I knew you guys would appreciate the butterflies in the tummy when you book your next trip to Disneyland!!!

Earkid
01-21-2005, 05:54 PM
I won't be there so I can't wait to hear all the wonderful trip reports. I am excited for you {{{Heart}}}

Hakuna Makarla
01-21-2005, 06:04 PM
oh I am so excited for you!!!
Please take lots of pictures so I can see you and hubby on the rides!! what a happy dance I am doing for you!! I wish I could be there to meet you. Some day maybe. Lucky duck!! :)

disney jones
01-21-2005, 06:09 PM
very happy for you!!! i'm hoping you get all the benefits of being there without any headaches!!

Shortiemetoo
01-21-2005, 06:14 PM
Woo Hoo!!!! Happy dancing for you!!!!!!!!!! :fez:

rentayenta
01-21-2005, 07:09 PM
WooHoo :D

Where are you staying?

I Heart Disneyland!
01-21-2005, 07:16 PM
WooHoo :D

Where are you staying?

Homewood Suites. They have a shuttle do DL and we'd racked up enough Hilton points to get one night for free! Airfare is free to because hubby used to travel a TON and he's got enough mileage saved up that we won't be paying for airfare for a long time. :) YIPPEEEE!

rentayenta
01-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Homewood Suites. They have a shuttle do DL and we'd racked up enough Hilton points to get one night for free! Airfare is free to because hubby used to travel a TON and he's got enough mileage saved up that we won't be paying for airfare for a long time. :) YIPPEEEE!

Excellent. I know you will have a fantastic time!

Tell me about the Homewood Suites. I am planning our Dec. trip. and I am trying to get info on as many hotels as possible.

Maus
01-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Yipee, Heart, I'm happy for you! I have a convention May 4-7 so I won't be able to get to the newly decorated park until May 9--will you still be there?

Shortiemetoo
01-22-2005, 12:51 AM
Woo Hoo!! Congratulations!! Happy dancing for you!!! :fez:

sdfilmcritic
01-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Now it's official. I Heart Disneyland is certifiably crazy (for DL).

The Lovely Mrs. tod
01-22-2005, 09:47 AM
I already put in for the day off, we're just not sure about staying down the night of the 4th or just driving down, in all that 5 south traffic the morning of the 5th.

And we'll all be there 7/17 as well, but then we're always there 7/17. Yes, the tods are certifiable...

-TLMt

QueenAlisha
01-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Hopefully we will be there the 6th-8th. I cant wait! ohh and i cant wait until july....i love my AP i can go on the cool days now!

I Heart Disneyland!
01-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Yipee, Heart, I'm happy for you! I have a convention May 4-7 so I won't be able to get to the newly decorated park until May 9--will you still be there?

We come home on the 7th! Mother's Day is the 8th, so, in case my stepdaughter wants to spoil me that day....we must get home! :) :) Still trying to get her to come along, but, she's 23 and very busy...she may come for a few days too, which would be TOO fun!

I Heart Disneyland!
01-22-2005, 10:22 AM
Now it's official. I Heart Disneyland is certifiably crazy (for DL).

I could have told you this BEFORE booking my trip to DL!!! ;) I will have to bring Vicodin and Valium for the 5th. haha! I already told hubby that this will be a day to just sit and people watch, it's unlikely that we will be able to hardly get on a ride that day, so, bring on the corn dogs, churros, mint juleps, Bengal BBQ & caramel apples covered in nuts. I should come home from the anniversary about 10 lbs heavier!!! :|

The Lovely Mrs. tod
01-22-2005, 10:39 AM
We come home on the 7th! Mother's Day is the 8th, so, in case my stepdaughter wants to spoil me that day....we must get home! :) :) Still trying to get her to come along, but, she's 23 and very busy...she may come for a few days too, which would be TOO fun!

OOh...Mother's Day...time for my Vegas trip! Nothin says maternal lovin like nickel slots! :fez:

50 years of Disneyland followed by 3 days in Vegas...I'm really stoked now!

-TLmt

Maus
01-22-2005, 10:45 AM
We come home on the 7th!

Darn, I was hoping I could run into you! (not literally, of course :p )

cstephens
01-23-2005, 09:55 AM
I came to the realization the other day that many of the days this year that I'm taking off as vacation days from work will be spent at the Disneyland Resort...

HorizonsA
01-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Who else is going to be there on the 5th? I know I am!

spectromen
01-24-2005, 08:42 AM
The 4th and 5th. The 4th, mainly because I am just curious if DCA will open any extra eateries (Lucky Fortune, please???!) to accomodate the possible extra crowds. Booked the GCH for both nights but am trying to convince hubby to stay somewhere else because $310/nt for those little rooms seems ridiculous to me!

I Heart Disneyland!
01-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Nothin says maternal lovin like nickel slots! :fez:
-TLmt

Oh my gosh, that cracks me UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D So, the Tod's will be there on the 5th too? Fun, fun, fun!!! I am sure a lot of us will be there, and if a stranger walks up to you and says, "It's TLMT" or "It's I HEART", we will know they've paid attention to our avatars! ha!

TimBuk2
01-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Yes, please take photos and post a link so the rest of us can see what they've done before the rest of us arrive later in the year.

Thanks !

mystycalchyk
01-24-2005, 01:28 PM
We're going to be there the 5th - the 8th . Maybe we can say 'hey' :)

Congrats. I've only booked our room, no flghts yet

splash
01-25-2005, 03:57 PM
We are going to be there to celebrate the 50th Anniversary (but totally by accident). May 11-17th we will be there and will stay at the Disneyland hotel. It will also be my sons birthday. What a blast! I have loved Disneyland since I was a little girl and we lived in Fullerton. What have you heard about the planned festivities and what should we be sure to see?