PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Fire Department! [merchandise]

calguy77
01-21-2005, 01:44 PM
i was curious if they make any fire department t-shirts or sweaters? my bro is a fireman and would love one.

Opus1guy
01-21-2005, 01:55 PM
I've seen various Disneyland Fire Department merchandise, but the vast majority is Cast Member Exclusive, which were usually limited or one-time deals that had to be pre-ordered. They also used to have some items "in stock" that they would sometimes give as gifts to visiting dignitaries from other Fire Departments. Pens, T-Shirts, Watches, Patches...that sort of thing. Don't know if they still do that these days. Most of these visits were set up in advance between Department heads as a professional courtesy deal.

Not so sure how much success your brother would have just walking in and asking if there was anything he could buy. But it might not be a total waste to have him call the Disneyland Fire Department and inquire. You never know.

Also, sometimes you see this stuff for sale on eBay. That might be another option. Go to www.ebay.com and enter "Disneyland Fire" into the Search window and you'll find some stuff right now.

AB29
01-22-2005, 02:10 AM
We used to sell alot of merchandise with the DFD logo, but we no longer offer this service at the park. (DFD). However, if you can give me a point of contact, I can help you with a location to get DFD T-shirts and ball caps. ;)

Susan L
01-22-2005, 08:33 AM
My DH is a fireman and on our last trip I searched high and low for anything to do with firefighters. The only thing I found was a pin with a firefighter and Mickey shaking hands. So I grabbed it. He really liked it and wore it on his departments fire baseball cap.

retlawfan
01-22-2005, 10:31 PM
My DH is a fireman and on our last trip I searched high and low for anything to do with firefighters. The only thing I found was a pin with a firefighter and Mickey shaking hands. So I grabbed it. He really liked it and wore it on his departments fire baseball cap.

Susan, do you know the meaning behind that pin? It's really a neat story.

A few years ago there was a large fire somewhere in the LA area. Malibu maybe? Can someone help me with the location?

Anyway, the Disney folks put out a lithograph of Mickey shaking hands with a firefighter as a tribute to the firefighters. It later became a sculpture, and of coarse, a pin. Somethings to notice about tribute: Mickey is looking up to someone, and he is touching another human. These things are never usually done.

gothemi
01-23-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah, I was looking for those shirts this year, but was not able to get any info. out of DLR.

calguy77
01-23-2005, 06:47 AM
I heard that the pic came out in responce to 9/11. They also have ones with police officers.

AB29
01-23-2005, 06:57 AM
also soldiers in camo........and they had watches with the Tribute to FF but they are all gone.....

retlawfan
01-23-2005, 08:29 AM
I heard that the pic came out in responce to 9/11. They also have ones with police officers.

The firfighter one came out a few years ago. Long before 9/11. I'm thinking it was 1992 or 1994 when the fires happened, but cannot remember exactly. They probably DID bring out similar ones after 9/11, but I don't remember seeing those.

Opus1guy
01-23-2005, 08:35 AM
The firfighter one came out a few years ago. Long before 9/11. I'm thinking it was 1992 or 1994 when the fires happened, but cannot remember exactly. They probably DID bring out similar ones after 9/11, but I don't remember seeing those.

Right on the Charles Boyer artwork being done and released after the SoCal fires. They did re-release it in very limited production after 9/11, mainly to gift to visiting Fire Fighters from New York during several ceremonies they had back then.

Interesting coincidence that one of the most famous old-style fire trucks you see in pictures and period movies and such...is known as the Boyer Fire Truck.

olegc
01-23-2005, 12:59 PM
That same pin pose was replicated for all services of the Armed Forces - including Coast Guard...

Just thought to round out the info.

ftroop6
01-23-2005, 01:03 PM
I was just browsing through some items on ebay and one of my "favorite" sellers has a CM Disneyland Fire Department crystal mug up for sale. I didn't know for sure if it is allowed to post the item number or not. If anyone is interested feel free to email me.