PDA

View Full Version : How do I get a brick...

Elways way
01-21-2005, 11:56 AM
without actually going to the park? I was down there in December but totally spaced on the whole thing. I was planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me via a brick (and the whole on bended knee deal) :D Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

got2travel
01-21-2005, 12:10 PM
(800) 760-3566 or email: dl.bricks@disney.com

It takes a while for the brick to be placed. And you can't put sayings or phrases (except for a limited few) on the brick. That would be great to have the proposal in print, but I don't think it would be allowed. Just proper names, dates and places.

Elways way
01-21-2005, 12:23 PM
when I was in Florida? Has anyone else seen one? My somewhat photographic memory definitely recalls someone on this site doing it before. Tiki??? :confused:

the mad hatter
01-21-2005, 12:28 PM
without actually going to the park? I was down there in December but totally spaced on the whole thing. I was planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me via a brick (and the whole on bended knee deal) :D Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

This site helped me get a brick (http://www.lowes.com)

...sorry, couldn't resist ;)

Earkid
01-21-2005, 12:47 PM
I think there were some brick promo's in the past that allowed phrases but now they are getting kinda strict on what you can put on the brick. But it never hurts to ask.

I Heart Disneyland!
01-21-2005, 01:32 PM
This site helped me get a brick (http://www.lowes.com)

...sorry, couldn't resist ;)

Har har! Good one!

uberfrau
01-21-2005, 05:55 PM
For what it's worth, my now-hubby proposed to me on one knee over our brick. it just has our names (well, my maiden name.) It doesn't necessarily matter whats on it, but that it's something you both have to look forward to.

Everytime we go back (which is every few weeks) we stop at our brick.

vegasmommytoDL
01-21-2005, 10:42 PM
For what it's worth, my now-hubby proposed to me on one knee over our brick. it just has our names (well, my maiden name.) It doesn't necessarily matter whats on it, but that it's something you both have to look forward to.

Everytime we go back (which is every few weeks) we stop at our brick.

That is SOOOO sweet!

I heard about the 50th Ann. bricks... Does anyone know if its a requirement that you have an AP to buy one or is it just that AP's had a discount? I heard they are $150. What do the other brick type(s) I heard about cost? My daughter is 3 and I think it would be nice to get a 50th Ann logo brick with her name on it so she can always visit it.

She will only be 53 when the park turns 100! Of course by the time I'm 53 it will be 2033 so thats hard enough to imagine let alone to imagine 2055. The way things are going we will all be wiped out by an earthquake, an ice age, a comet, or a big marshmallow man. :D

itig
02-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Hi all - I did a search and didn't see anything new, so I wanted to pass along some good news! I ordered a 50th brick on 11/11/04 and just received my official certificate and location info yesterday (2/2). They never game confirmation numbers and I know many of us were a bit nervous about it :) ...but they appear to have it all in order and are sending things out. They say they are going to place it sometime in April. One thing I noticed is that the image on the certificate does not show the brass circle in the design, just an etched castle with "50th" on it. I'm going to call and check on this. Oh...and the location seems pretty cool, somewhat near the entrance to DL - Area C11 if you know where this is. Can't wait to see it on our next trip!!!

KarenW2
02-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks for posting the info on this! I ordered a 50th celebration brick before the AP deadline and was told I would get my info in January, but it still hasn't come yet. I was planning on giving them to the end of the week and then calling them, if I didn't hear anything before then. Since that would be tomorrow, I'll give them the weekend and call on Tuesday (Mondays are always a bad day to call anywhere!!), if I don't get anything before then.

Did you order the replica? If so, did your info say when that should be received? I ordered our brick to commemorate our 5-26-79 wedding date and ordered a wooden replica to put on our bookshelf in our home office.

I'm very anxious to see these things and hope they happen soon!!

ftroop6
02-04-2005, 06:08 AM
Our brick info came on Tuesday. We ordered the replica and the info in our packet said to expect in about 4 weeks. A reciept is also included in the packet showing the cost of the brick and the replica. Friends of ours received their packet yesterday and were concerned because of the "brass circle in the design" not showing on the picture. They called and were told that yes it would be on the brick, that it just isn't on the certificate.
We are brick C11 426.

got2travel
02-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Oh, I can't wait. I should be getting mine soon then.

Anyone have a map of the spaces so we can see where section C11 is?

ftroop6
02-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Maps are included in the packet but I don't have a scanner.

KarenW2
02-05-2005, 12:04 AM
The highpoint of my day is when I get FUN mail and today's definitely fit the bill!! Earlier in the day, I'd received some bad news from my doctor, so I was definitely in the mood for something good to happen. I was very happy to see a box from Disney Direct that I'd ordered, with a large envelope from Disney on top of it that didn't fit into our "cluster box" mailbox either!

It was our brick info!! I was very happy to see this and I was very happy to see where our brick will be! It's #C24*181, pretty much in the middle, just right of whatever that thing in the middle (by the front gates to DL) is!! C11's are diagonally to the left of ours and over one to the left of that. I don't know how to do the scanner thing to post the map pic here, otherwise I would. Maybe somebody who's more computer-savvy than I am can do this for us??

Does anyone know how many bricks will be in each section? I thought the map was for individual bricks, until I saw the other number and noticed your numbers here too.

Did y'all who ordered replicas notice that we got a 10% PAP discount of $3.50? I hadn't realized we'd get a discount on that, as well as the $50 off on the brick, so that was a nice little surprise.

When I told my hubby tonite that the info had come, he asked if they told us when the bricks would be installed, so we could go to the "Installation Ceremony"! He was kidding. Now I can't wait for the replica to arrive!!

CrazyTrain
02-05-2005, 07:11 AM
The brick map is on this site :)
http://www.cutforthfamily.com/wedding/brick.html

itig
02-05-2005, 08:53 PM
We're C11 478. Thanks for the info on the "brass circle". I haven't had a chance to call and now I don't have to :) ...thanks!

Elways way
02-23-2005, 01:06 PM
I just sent my order in after getting all my information straight. I made an attempt to sneak one by Disney....so we'll see how it goes. Here is what I went for.......

Will U. Marryme
Carrie Lastname

Hopefully it gets through, but if not I'll just go with the backup plan (both of our names and the date). I wish they would let us be a little more imaginative. I would have loved to put something like :

The Boyes Family
Coming Soon

or something to that effect. Oh well! Wish me luck!

Earkid
02-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Good Luck!! Let us know how it turns out Elway.

Elways way
03-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Just got the call from Disney....."As sweet a gesture as it is.....our legal department won't allow proposals even if they are cleverly disguised". Guess it didn't work. Oh well, I went with my backup plan and everything sounds like it will work out fine. Should be installed by late June-early July which is plenty of time for the planned proposal (probably a November trip). Maybe I'll post a pic of the moment....or just after :fez: .

disneyperson
03-02-2005, 01:01 PM
We're C11 478. Thanks for the info on the "brass circle". I haven't had a chance to call and now I don't have to :) ...thanks!
Hey, we're almost neighbors!

got2travel
03-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the update, sorry it didn't work out.

itig
03-03-2005, 09:08 AM
Hey, we're almost neighbors!

What's your "address"? :)