PDA

View Full Version : Golden Horseshoe Question

rihard2000
12-14-2001, 05:46 AM
I was just checking the website for information on show times during my visit ( Dec.26 - 31) and found listings for the Golden Horseshoe on only 2 out of 5 days. Is this information correct? Only two days during the busiest time of the year? The shows listed are "Golden Horseshoe Variety Show" for Wednesday the 26th, and "Billy Hill and the Hillbillies" for Thursday the 27th. Does anybody know if either of these shows are any good and why they are not performing more often?

Ghoulish Delight
12-14-2001, 06:53 AM
I'm not sure why they wouldn't be performing them, unless they are giving the performers some time off (The variety show usually only plays 2 days a week, and Billy Hill and the Hill Billies is the same people, so they get vacation time I'd suppose). I haven't seen the variety show. Billy Hill, however, I have seen and it's great. I'd recomend it if ya' got time.

Matterhorn Fan
12-14-2001, 09:58 AM
I don't know about the show times/days off, but check the map they give you on your way in when you go.

I've seen both shows and they're both worth it if you can see them. The food there isn't worth it.

downingfamily1
12-14-2001, 11:33 AM
We saw Billy Hill and the Hillbillys the first week of December and it was a terrific show.

Ghoulish Delight
12-14-2001, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan

I've seen both shows and they're both worth it if you can see them. The food there isn't worth it.

What? I love the chili. And I think they've got the chowder too, also good.

Nigel2
12-14-2001, 10:25 PM
The food is passee, themed right but it just tastes like it is missing something.

pixiepal
12-15-2001, 09:56 AM
Billy Hill and bunch are GREAT! Definitely worth it, and I think an integral part of Frontierland. They used to play more often, I believe....
The chili in the bread bowl is good...tons of cheese and onions, too!

slaakker
12-15-2001, 10:08 AM
The best food to order is the huge piece of chocolate cake. It is big enough for 4 people.

Matterhorn Fan
12-15-2001, 07:31 PM
OK, I'll retract my comment about the food there, and revise it to this:

A vegetarian cannot eat lunch there.

Morrigoon
12-15-2001, 07:37 PM
That cake is definitely great... gotta order like 2 milks per person to go with it though!