PDA

View Full Version : is anyone a nurse at the Disneyland resort?

paulca
01-20-2005, 03:31 PM
My wife who is an Rn is thinking about applying at the Disneyland resort!! I wondered what the working conditons are like? any the approximate pay rate!! Does the position include any benefits?

Shortiemetoo
01-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Hi Paul,
I am an RN and am going to DLR next week. While there I plan on getting information on openings, salary, hours etc. I thought I would go to the first aide station first to talk to the nurses!!
I know a nurse, through the net only, that is a nurse at disneyworld. She loves it and says she will never work anywhere else!!!
I am also going to look at papers and get an idea of where I could live etc... :fez:

kbanmen
01-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Paul..TELL YOUR WIFE to apply there ok

evrythngwmn
01-21-2005, 02:19 AM
I can tell you this about the job, you need to be able to carry or wear the 30+ pound backpack that the nurses take on all their first aid runs in the park. I think HR says it's 30 pounds but some of the nurses says it's heavier. They also have to carry along a portable AED. If you are really out of shape this may not be the job for you. I did line of business training for one nurse and she had problems keeping up with me during the walking tour. I wasn't surprised to find out she didn't make it through the rest of her training.

The upside is because they're considered professionals they get the unlimited silver maingate pass.

01-21-2005, 06:09 AM
I think the DLR will be verrrry interrrested.

See, I took my daughter to the DL infirmary because of a splinter. I ended up having to remove it because it was under the skin a bit. (That's their policy.)

When I was done, the nurse asked me if I'd like to apply for a job there. I must have wicked tweezer technique, eh?

It seems like a fun job. Here's hoping you go for it!

nursemelis374
01-21-2005, 07:02 AM
My friend worked there until 3 years ago and I applied there 2 years ago and decided to not take the job after my own hospital promoted me when they heard I was thinking of leaving. Here is what I know:

1. They only start at part time (meaning no benefits), you have to wait to get moved up to full time.
2. You have to be willing to work all shifts, including weekends, holidays, etc.
3. The pay was pretty comprable to other nursing jobs.
4. You have to rotate throughall the areas, DL, DCA, enployee health, and on call to the resorts and DTD.
5. I heard it was a lot of fun to work there, my friend quit because she had kids and the schedule they have you work was difficult to manage.

Shortiemetoo
01-21-2005, 08:10 AM
My friend worked there until 3 years ago and I applied there 2 years ago and decided to not take the job after my own hospital promoted me when they heard I was thinking of leaving. Here is what I know:

1. They only start at part time (meaning no benefits), you have to wait to get moved up to full time.
2. You have to be willing to work all shifts, including weekends, holidays, etc.
3. The pay was pretty comprable to other nursing jobs.
4. You have to rotate throughall the areas, DL, DCA, enployee health, and on call to the resorts and DTD.
5. I heard it was a lot of fun to work there, my friend quit because she had kids and the schedule they have you work was difficult to manage.

Thank you for the information. I have no kiddlins and basically I would be there "alone". I think I will truly look into it while I am there!!! :fez:

nursemelis374
01-21-2005, 10:03 AM
I was suprised at one of the interviews, they asked me a lot of scenario questions. They weren't too hard though and I must have done fine since they offerred me a job.

PhilMP
01-21-2005, 03:10 PM
I can tell you this about the job, you need to be able to carry or wear the 30+ pound backpack that the nurses take on all their first aid runs in the park. I think HR says it's 30 pounds but some of the nurses says it's heavier. They also have to carry along a portable AED. If you are really out of shape this may not be the job for you. I did line of business training for one nurse and she had problems keeping up with me during the walking tour. I wasn't surprised to find out she didn't make it through the rest of her training.

The upside is because they're considered professionals they get the unlimited silver maingate pass.

That's unusual, I've never once seen one of the CFA nurses wearing that backpack on their back. Usually it's in the wheelchair as they're heading out to location, on the ground at location, and on the back of some large (not muscular) security hack as he waddles with the party back to CFA, usually as he makes an out-of-breath report to central communications on his radio. (If you haven't guessed by now, I don't like security. Long story, but it stems from me getting my butt chewed out because their 10 vehicles blocked a paramedic run, and I happened to be the only non-security vehicle or CM nearby, parked in a marked space, no less. Moving on... :D )

I do know someone in CFA, and she says it's great. You're salaried, so you get a silver pass, but you're not exempt, which means you get overtime, which can happen a lot. You get the chance to make someone's day a lot better, and you meet all different sorts of people.

For all you non-nurses or aspiring nurses out there, they do hire LVNs also. I would like to work there if they hired Paramedics or EMTs, but they seem to rely on AFD and CARE Anaheim for that.

Phil