PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Team MousePlanet!

Lani
01-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Our newest forum, Team MousePlanet is your home for discussions about the healthy lifestyle, including diet, nutrition, exercise, and fitness. We hope that having a separate place on the Pad will help motivate everyone to get active. Maybe we'll see you at the WDW Marathon or CHOC Walk!

kisroo
01-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks for adding this! What a wonderful idea.
I'd love, love, LOVE to come to a CHOC walk and/or do the 1/2 marathon at WDE! :sigh:

I know the CHOC walk was in early Oct a few yrs ago. Is it always around that time??

Anyway, thanks for the new digs!
~kisroo:)

MouseWife
01-24-2005, 03:14 PM
kisroo~ I am not 100% sure but I do think the CHOC walk is always in October.

We did it this past October and it was fun but over too quickly! But, then again, I would probably be crying that the marathon took too long...

And I'll second the thank you for the forum, Lani. :)

Lani
01-24-2005, 07:47 PM
You're welcome, kisroo and MouseWife. We contemplated for a long time whether this warranted its own forum, but since there's a tie-in with the WDW Marathon, I think it'll work.

MouseWife
01-24-2005, 10:18 PM
I can understand needing to make it have a tie in with the board {WDW} but I am glad that it is here. Hopefully, it will encourage those of us who try to work out continue and those of us who don't, to start.

Sharing means caring... :)

Angie Ohio
06-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Hi
I'm new to MousePlanet. I'm training now to run a marathon in the fall so I'm going to continue the work in order to run the Disney marathon in Jan. I never thought I'd really be doing that. I always said that if I ever could run that far I'd do it at Disney. So here it goes.
Angie Ohio

MouseWife
06-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi
I'm new to MousePlanet. I'm training now to run a marathon in the fall so I'm going to continue the work in order to run the Disney marathon in Jan. I never thought I'd really be doing that. I always said that if I ever could run that far I'd do it at Disney. So here it goes.
Angie Ohio

Hi there Angie!

I've never run a marathon, but, today the Hubster and I volunteered to register people for the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll marathon. So cool! So many different types of people but all rearing to go!! People from all over, too. I think I signed in people from all four corners of the U.S.

Wow, yes, to run a marathon, I think I'd love to do a Disney one or perhaps one in Monterey {love that place}.

I know that others here {Lani in particular} have in fact run in at least one marathon. At least. I know training is the key.

I'll be cheering you on from here so remember that when all you hear are your feet pounding and your heart beating!

The best!

MouseWife

OviedoFan
04-23-2006, 05:45 PM
I have done Disney's Half Marathon twice (2004 and 2005) but this year I am going for the Mickey head (verses the Duck head).

I am not a running nut (I am happy with a 10 or 11 min mile :-) ), but running my first marathon at Disney is going to be a blast.

For you folks who are doubting whether you can do something like this, I ran (jogged) my first 5K at age 40, about 4 years ago - so it is never too late to start. There are LOTS of good walk-run programs out there to get you going (runnersworld.com has some).

And nothing beats running down Main Street USA and having folks lining the street cheering you on, followed shortly after with a run through the castle!

If you plan to do the race, you will need to sign up soon. It fills up fast.

Hope to see some of you there!! :-)

HMHunters
06-28-2006, 10:43 AM
I am new to this forum, but a long-time WDW fan. My first trip there was my honeymoon (my husband felt so sorry for my poor deprived childhood he had to correct it as soon as possible! Since then we've gone along with our children at least 5 times; I've lost count now. My DH and I just signed up for the WDW Half Marathon and I'm very excited about it! Is anyone here interested in getting a training support thread for the 1/2 and whole marathon going? (Or is it too soon?)