PDA

View Full Version : Goat Trick (this isn't banned I hope)

Pages : [1] 2

Johnhost
01-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Ok last time I was on BTRR I looked for the goat. I NEVER saw a dang goat to save my life. Now....can someone explain WHERE the goat is? And how the trick works again???

Thanks...I will ride as many times as possible to do this!

AVP
01-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Ah... the goat trick.

Ok, here goes. Miway through the ride you go up a very long chain lift. As you crest that lift, there is a goat on the right side, chewing on a stick of dynamite. THAT is the goat in question.

If you keep your eyes on the goat as you go around the curve after the hill, you may experience a sense of dizziness. There's surely some medical term for it, but that's the gist of it.

Walt Disney World does not have a goat in the same place, that their track turns the opposite direction from the DLR ride, so the goat trick doesn't quite work as well there.

AVP

sdfilmcritic
01-20-2005, 01:00 AM
That's the infamous goat sitting up on top of the "hill" which the train cirlces around.

http://members.cox.net/combustibletigger2/110405-015.JPG

spacemountain85
01-20-2005, 01:26 AM
That's the infamous goat sitting up on top of the "hill" which the train cirlces around.Hello new desktop wallpaper. Thank-you for this, I have always wanted a picture of The Goat.

sdfilmcritic
01-20-2005, 01:53 AM
Coincidentally I do make a cameo appearance in this desktop photo. ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
01-20-2005, 11:47 AM
I did the same!!! I saved it as my desktop too! haha! Thanks SD! See, having you back is fantastic!

DrIndianaJones
01-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Let me guess, the one reaching towards the goat in question?;)

TraceyMcF
01-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. So that is the infamous goat trick. I was definitely picturing something.....different. ;)

Hawaiian Cinderella
01-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I've been too busy screaming and hanging on to notice....maybe next time....

TikiGeek
01-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Coincidentally I do make a cameo appearance in this desktop photo. ;)In case anyone is having trouble telling them apart - The goat is on the left, sdfilmcritic is on the right ;)

sdfilmcritic
01-20-2005, 11:14 PM
In case anyone is having trouble telling them apart - The goat is on the left, sdfilmcritic is on the right ;) :D

Let me guess, the one reaching towards the goat in question? :( Umm. No.

Andrew
01-21-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm looking at sdfilmcritic's post, and I do not see a goat on the right. I see someone definitely non-goat-like.

Vegitabeta
01-21-2005, 12:00 PM
sdfilmcritic, you're the one wearing the shades and the (green :confused: ) t-shirt yes?

DrIndianaJones
01-21-2005, 02:33 PM
:( Umm. No.
So you know, I was kidding.;)

sdfilmcritic
01-22-2005, 12:17 AM
sdfilmcritic, you're the one wearing the shades and the (green :confused: ) t-shirt yes?
You are correct! Rod, tell Vegi what the winning prize is! ;)

Vegitabeta
01-22-2005, 02:02 AM
Wooo :D ...Gold Mouseears will do...really :p

Nah, joking lol, I remember you from your Belle pic.

sdfilmcritic
01-22-2005, 02:13 AM
To Vegitabeta

http://misc.exitfiftyfour.com/gmea.bmp

Vegitabeta
01-22-2005, 02:26 AM
:fez:

RStar
01-25-2005, 04:35 PM
To Vegitabeta

http://misc.exitfiftyfour.com/gmea.bmp

Whew, that gold mouse ears glows!

sdfilmcritic
01-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Whew, that gold mouse ears glows!It has some Pixie Dust thrown on it for the little something extra special.

Johnhost
01-26-2005, 01:36 PM
FINALLY saw the goat and did the goat trick. And yes it adds to the fun of the ride. Fortunatly a nice CM was able to point me to it before I boarded.

BTW I had a good time at DL. I tried and give the CM's a hard time (CM "How many in your party" ME "all of us") They tend to not have a sense of humor about these things.

I stayed at the Paradise Pier. And everything was nice. Too bad due to flight schedules we were really tired.

sdfilmcritic
01-26-2005, 11:05 PM
BTW I had a good time at DL. I tried and give the CM's a hard time (CM "How many in your party" ME "all of us") They tend to not have a sense of humor about these things.You don't even understand the feeling of anger and frustation the CM feels with this answer. The CMs are expected to meet a quota of riders per hour and if there are any guests slowing down the flow it will create a snowball effect. When I was an attractions operator this is one of those answers I loathed the most. There is no humor in it at all!

(Please don't take my mini rant personally, John. I know you were posting the comment in jest. But it does irritate the attractions people.)

Doug
07-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Quota? Is that why some CM's scream at the top of there lungs at you? One really pissed me off on SM last time I was there, I was going to tell guest relations, but didn't....

You don't even understand the feeling of anger and frustation the CM feels with this answer. The CMs are expected to meet a quota of riders per hour and if there are any guests slowing down the flow it will create a snowball effect. When I was an attractions operator this is one of those answers I loathed the most. There is no humor in it at all!

(Please don't take my mini rant personally, John. I know you were posting the comment in jest. But it does irritate the attractions people.)

Alex S.
07-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Just for the record, it doesn't work on everybody.

I've tried this at least a dozen times over the years and never once had even a hint of vertigo as a result. Doesn't bother me at all.

mkcbunny
07-13-2005, 03:35 PM
It didn't work so well for me with the goat. It worked much better staring at my husband's head as we whipped around the corner.