PDA

View Full Version : Going To Disneyland!

Johnhost
01-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Hey kids I am heading to D-land this monday the 24th. Any advice, suggestions?

And I am getting a sweet deal! Because I am a travel agent I get to stay with my buddy at the Paradise Pier for $50.00 per night plus two FREE 3 day parkhoppers!

And to boot my buddy at Alaska is hooking me up with guestpass airline tickets (90% discounted)

The only real question I have is what is some good places to eat outside of the park but within walking distance? Also is Downtown Disney any good for food, is it worth the price?

Thanks for the imput

Stupid_American
01-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Head south (right) on Disneyland Drive, to Katella.
Turn right and walk to the next signal (Walnut).
Across the street is Marri's Italian, great pizza.

If you walk through the parks, then left on Harbor, Mimi's is across the street, about a block north.
It's a great place for breakfast.

sediment
01-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Dude, you're saving so much money, you should go to The Vineyard Room or Napa Rose.

Johnhost
01-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Dude, you're saving so much money, you should go to The Vineyard Room or Napa Rose.

I am very poor man! LOL

However I am going to the Blue Beiu on Tuesday. I have never eaten then and I am excited to finally splurge a little in DL. What is the good stuff to eat there? And what is the "best seats"?

Stupid_American
01-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Call 781-DINE in the morning to reserve lunch at BB.
When you confirm your reservation, ask for a waterside table.
It might take a few minutes more, but it's where you want to sit!

The pork loin tends to be dried out.
The Jambalaya is surprising spicy.
The Monte Cristo Sandwich (http://recipecircus.com/recipes/philocrates/ResturantsNOTCopycat/Monte_Cristo_Sandwich_Blue_Bayou.html) is classic Blue Bayou.

Inside DLR, the turkey legs will fill you up for $6.
You'll find them at various carts throughout.

Chowder/chili in a bread bowl is filling, around $8.
It's available at a couple different eateries inside DL and at Pacific Wharf in DCA.

CoasterChickie
01-19-2005, 04:05 PM
And I am getting a sweet deal! Because I am a travel agent I get to stay with my buddy at the Paradise Pier for $50.00 per night plus two FREE 3 day parkhoppers!

And to boot my buddy at Alaska is hooking me up with guestpass airline tickets (90% discounted)

Go ahead...rub it in..make us all green with envy!!!! :mad:

Just kidding!!! That's awesome that you got such great deals!!

I have to agree with Sediment that you should eat dinner at The Vineyard Restaurant if you are planning to splurge. The food there is fantastic.

For lunch, I like the Taste Pilot's Grill in DCA and the corndog stand in Disneyland.

For breakfast, Whitewater Cafe in the GCH is a great deal...five bucks will get you a yummy hot meal!!

Have a great time!!

Stupid_American
01-19-2005, 04:09 PM
For lunch, I like ..... the corndog stand in Disneyland.
http://home.pacbell.net/dagravy/dog.jpg

Susan L
01-19-2005, 04:10 PM
First off YIPPIE you're going to Disneyland. And what a great deal. I think I need to become a travel agent.

There are lots of restaruants surrounding DL and very affordable. Downtown Disney has some great places to eat, expect to pay for it. But hey, you got a great deal on your package and plane ticket so why not splurg a little on some good eating.

RobRoz
01-19-2005, 04:29 PM
And what is the "best seats"?[/QUOTE]

Best seats are as close to the water as possible,where you can watch the boats from POTC go by :cool:

I Heart Disneyland!
01-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey kids I am heading to D-land this monday the 24th.

Well have a good time at Disneyland ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! BOO HOO! :D Truly though, enjoy it for me, and just say, "I Heart Disneyland, LOVES Disneyland" as you drop down on Splash Mountain. In honor of it being my birthday!!!

Johnhost
01-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Hey does anyone know where you get Disney dollars?

rentayenta
01-19-2005, 09:30 PM
^^^^You can buy them at the stores inside Disneyland. You can buy them at the Disney Stores inside the mall. You can email Vacation Planning since you are staying at the PPH. Give them your credit card # and they will have them waiting for you.

vacationplanning@disneyonline.com

Have a fun trip and I agree with sediment, splurge on a nice meal. :)

Darkbeer
01-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Tiffy's and CoCo's are just south of the PPH, short walk. (Typical American Coffee Shop menus)

Fast Food, well, walk to Harbor, McD's to the north, walk to the south there is a Subway on the east side near Katella, as is one of those Chinese places (kinda like Panda Express, but with a different name).

A cheap meal on property, the Wetzel's Pretzels Pretzel Dog combo, for less than $6 you get the dog and a drink.