PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Biggest Pet Peeve At The Park(s)?

Pages : [1] 2 3

awinner
12-13-2001, 02:35 PM
I am sitting here wondering what are everyones pet peeves at the park(s). Mine would have to be the person who brings out aal the blankets and reserves 1/2 of Main St. for themselves and leaves no room for anyone else. Even as an AP holder, I have never been fortunate enought to sit down, relax and watch a parade. I always seem like I am standing in the way back.

LuvTDL
12-13-2001, 02:40 PM
Impatient people who seem to think that if they PUSH their way past you in line, they're somehow going to get on the ride so much faster.

People who make fun of Disney things in front of little kids at the park!! (people who are too cynical and try to ruin the magic for everyone else)

Gemini Cricket
12-13-2001, 02:47 PM
I think we've done this thread before but here goes...

1. People who pretend to know someone in line ahead of them and cut their way through a line.

2. When a ride is off of being rehabbed then you ride it and you can't notice anything different or improved. Or it reopens and something that should have been fixed wasn't. This one may be silly but when I miss a ride and they keep it from me, I want to see the reason! :)

3. When DL closes an E-ticket ride and doesn't replace it with another E-ticket ride.

4. Gift shops at the exit of rides!

Mad Madam Mim
12-13-2001, 02:51 PM
posted by LuvTDL

(people who are too cynical and try to ruin the magic for everyone else)

I did that once... I felt soooooo bad... I was bagging on this ride that I really hate and someone over heard me and the look on their face. I keep that stuff to a low roar at the park now... I still feel bad about it... I can still see the look on the guys face... OH.... the guilt...

As for pet peeves.... I hate seeing parents make kids get on a ride that terrifies them.... I know they are just trying to help the child "work through the fear" but if they are screaming.... come on... snow whit's scary adventure can wait another year...

JoeCanadian
12-13-2001, 03:02 PM
As for pet peeves.... I hate seeing parents make kids get on a ride that terrifies them.... I know they are just trying to help the child "work through the fear" but if they are screaming.... come on... snow whit's scary adventure can wait another year...

No kidding, I seen it a few times when I visited the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. Suppose everybody's familiar with Alien Encounter....and you know where I'm going. I think the name of the attraction alone should give parents the hint that it might not be right for their kids.

Gemini Cricket
12-13-2001, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Mad Madam Mim
I hate seeing parents make kids get on a ride that terrifies them.... I know they are just trying to help the child "work through the fear" but if they are screaming.... come on... snow whit's scary adventure can wait another year...

I saw a mother and 8 yr old son on the "Maliboomer". He was so terrified. White as a sheet. When it was over... he still was white as a sheet. He didn't smile. Ever. I felt so bad for him.

LIMANDL4EVA
12-13-2001, 03:45 PM
i HATE HATE HATE how the pot holes are not matched up right with the sidewalks, the borders in them are not lined up with the borders on the sidewalk, does any one know what i am talking about here?;)

innerSpaceman
12-13-2001, 03:53 PM
Oh my, where to begin?

OK, I'll limit it to two:

People: Parents who scream and yell at their kids in the Park.

the Company: Tomorrowland, Tomorrowland, Tomorrowland.

Morrigoon
12-13-2001, 03:56 PM
People who wear Warner Bros, Universal, or Magic Mountain stuff to DL. Tourists I can understand, but some do it out of spite or ignorance, and that rubs me the wrong way.

People who yell at their kids just because THEY are cranky (for minor offenses such as standing in the wrong spot) or people who offer their kids no discipline whatsoever and allow them to be disruptive to all those around them.

People whose cigarettes I have the misfortune to have to smell/breathe. And not just because of the asthma - it stinks, it makes my hair and clothes stink, and it puts me in a foul mood.

People who make the whole world wait while they rip the CM a new one over some unreasonable request that the CM can't/won't fulfill.

CMs who force LARGE people to adhere to the projected capacity based on smaller people, and refuse to allow guests who know they won't fit to spread out better (happened on my grad nite, they made 3 of us (2 of us larger than usual teenagers) sit in one row on Thunder Mtn - we did NOT fit, so we were put in the dangerous situation of having one of us not really sitting for the WHOLE attraction)

ripplededge
12-13-2001, 04:10 PM
Biggest pet peeve of all time for me get this, are CM's themselves. Does that mean I am my own pet peeve?

Tink
12-13-2001, 05:49 PM
Other people that dare to show up on the same day I go to Disneyland!! The nerve!!;)

Large crowds are my pet peeve. I remember Disneyland when the crowds weren't so large and the people weren't so rude.

Dreamstaker
12-13-2001, 06:17 PM
Parents who yell at their children are the worst! Please parents if you are getting tired or cranky take a break and relax and let your kids wind down.

But mostly people who spoil the fun for others by acting as they are the only important ones at the park. (Cutting in line, pushing in crowds, yelling or grumbling about whatever).

I know you spent a lot of money, I know you have limited time, but now you are not even enjoying yourself much less those around you. SMILE - ENJOY you are at DISNEYLAND.

MammaSilva
12-13-2001, 07:13 PM
Pet peeve....people who rent a wheelchair JUST to line jump and "brag" about it... believe me when I say those of us who have to use wheelchairs/evc's would much rather wait in the line than be dependant on the wheels!

Pet Peeve #2....same people who go to the handicapped parade viewing areas with 14 others and hog up all the space and discuss whose turn it is to ride in the chair after the parade

stan4d_steph
12-13-2001, 07:17 PM
Please, no flash photography!

Ace
12-13-2001, 07:33 PM
ooh.....this is a tough one. it's a tie between

LIGHT CHASERS! I had my first expierience with those... it's not just at night. Somehow, some parent thought it was ok to let their kids play with those things on star tours!

PEOPLE! especially the ones who think of Disneyland as just another theme park... the ones who think cutting is funny and all that....

did I mention light chasers? if I did, let me once again how I hate those things with all my heart.

lines! lines! and again, lines!

um..... that's it. but i'm sure i'll think of another later

Ace
12-13-2001, 07:38 PM
ooh! people who use wheelchairs and take turns. and even more than that.... people who yell at their children. a couple of you mentioned this....it sucks so bad. you need a license for a dog and a ferret....but not a kid....

slaakker
12-13-2001, 09:07 PM
It really bugs me when they have a ride operate at an unacceptably low capacity due to low attendance in the park. They make you wait as long as if it was a busy day.

It seems the worst is autopia.

Julie
12-13-2001, 09:25 PM
Lines, crowds. The usual. It just ruins the fun when you have to spend the whole day dodging person after stroller after person.

Oh, and the light chasers. Especially on a dark ride like Pirates.

PhilMP
12-13-2001, 10:01 PM
Hmmm...too many to count, but I'll list my biggest ones:

1. APs

2. GR CMs

3. Stupid ODV CMs (make more work for me at the end of the night)

4. Groups of Guests who stop dead in the middle of a somewhat narrow passageway (opening between Tarzan's Treehouse and Pirate bridge, for example)

5. People who think strollers are like little battering rams for people's ankles.

6. Custodial CMs who complain to me about how they have to clean up a mess that they're paid to clean up anyways.

7. The Guest that refuses to move when a cart is moving towards them, and 4 CMs are asking/screaming for him/her to move.

Phil

FriendOfDaisy
12-13-2001, 10:33 PM
Well, in addition to the stuff people have already mentioned (especially parents who take the fun out of Disneyland for their kids by forcing them on rides they don't want to go on or keeping them out past the exhaustion point)... here's two more:

Those video cameras with the spotlights! Someone had one in the front seat of a boat on Pirates - and I was unlucky enough to be in the back of the boat in front of them. The entire ride I was distracted by this bright white light moving around the rooms.

The parade crowd control situation. It's not the guests' fault, and it's not the CMs' fault, but it inevitably gets nasty when the CMs try to wrangle the guests into the proper places. It was the worst for Fantasmic before the riverfront was redone, but even on an empty night at DCA you're likely to hear a parade captain yelling at guests in front of the ice cream train trying to get them to sit/stand in the right place. I don't really have a good solution for this, though.

David

mad4mky
12-14-2001, 02:44 PM
I have some peeves also.

Mostly people who do abuse wheelchairs, and the SAP's...that really bugs me. There a lot of people who really need those services...

And I do wonder why people take there small children on rides that have warnings about scary things and loud noises. Like, in "It's Tough To Be A Bug"...there are warnings every where. Yet, parents still take their little kids in it..."oh, don't worry, its Flik..." Then the kids scream through the whole thing. It ruins everyones experience.

I have a big pet peeve for people (especially tweenager and teenager girls)...who SCREAM, SCREAM and SCREAM on rides. I was on Indy two weeks ago, and there were a car load of teenage girls with us...who "faked"screamed the whole ride. My ears were ringing when I got off...it was awful. I couldn't hear the music, I couldn't hear what was being said...just SCREAMS. I can see if you get scared once or twice and you scream....but a whole earpiercing screaming through the whole thing.....Come on. I guess I just have never been a ride screamer....Oh, except for the first time I went on Tower of Terror. I knew the drop would happen, I just didn't know when...and when it came, I was surprised, and a scream came out..

Some of these girls need their mouths taped shut! (now...on to happy things....I love DL so much, not much else makes me mad....except that my family has to stop and eat... why can't they just grab a churro, coke and go? I hate stopping to eat! I want to go, go go! A Mickey Ice Cream Sandwhich will hold me most of the day....)

Ralph Wiggum
12-14-2001, 02:45 PM
Parking... I can't stand the fact that its soo far away from the park and you basically have to(or at least its the most reasonable) take the tram. Even the old parking lot(DCA) was a better walk than what they have now. It just seems like it takes alot longer from the enterance to the parking area to your actual parking spot.

innerSpaceman
12-14-2001, 03:29 PM
Hate to just parrot Ralph, but lordy is that parking lot a giant peeve of mine! I mean, if you are unfortunate enough to be parked at the far end, it's a longer walk to the tram than it ever was in the old parking lot (where the tram made stops at several locations) and I daresay a longer walk to the tram than it was from anywhere in the old lot to the Park entrance. I guess it just comes down to my overall peeve about the Company - the serious reduction in commitment to customer service.

And now my other pet peeve about guests (and yes, this one has also been mentioned before in this thread) - - - people who are completely oblivious to anyone but themselves and stop dead in their tracks in the midst of moving crowds at tight locations. I usually give Disneyland guests a whole lot of slack, but I've had it with these people and have recently started to just walk right into them at full speed irregardless of potential injury to myself.

EandCDad
12-14-2001, 03:45 PM
I'm going to buck the trend and say that I don't mind the parking garage. I've been parked just about everywhere and always find it to be relatively easy and quick. Yes, being able to park and walk would be nice but even if they built the greatest theme park of all time in the place of DCA they still would have had to build that garage. A tram stop on the other side would have been nice, but what are you gonna do?

Pet peeves include:
1. Seeming to do whatever they can to ensure you wait in a longer line than necessary. If 10 open front gates would get everyone in relatively quickly, they will open 6. If opening 3 lanes on Autopia will reduce the wait by 10 or 15 minutes, they will open 2. It makes me nuts.

2. People who stop in the middle of the road, walkway, whatever and talk or make plans. Move to the sides for chriminy sakes.

3. Kids who whine and complain because they don't want to go on a certain ride (not a too scary ride). This kid behind me and little "C" on Autopia was basically not moving because his brother had picked the ride and he didn't want to go. They had to pull him along for a while and he was about 10 years old. He wouldn't walk on his own. His parents were (rightly) getting pretty agitated. Apparently the siblings were trading off chosing the rides and he didn't want to go. I would have stripped him of ride choosing privileges on the next couple of rides until he got his act together. Little "C" was looking at him like he was crazy. Even the mom was telling him, "that little girl can't believe you're acting that way."

4. People who smoke in non-smoking areas.

5. CM's who act like their job (answering questions, assisting on the rides, helping with crowd control) is a big burden. This is a minority, but it is out there.

12-14-2001, 03:56 PM
People who resist the Disneyland magic. You've seen them: they smirk at how fake/naive/commercial/whatever everything is.

Oh, I hate that!