PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now?

HorizonsA
01-18-2005, 07:15 PM
This is just a random thought I've been having for a few days. Well, I've listened to the original soundtrack of "it's a small world." As we all know, children sang for that recording. The original soundtrack, used till early 90s when the blue and white scheme was changed to the pink, purple, and blue sheme, has now made it's grand return now that the original color scheme is back. Anyway, while listening to the original soundtrack, I wondered, "Where are those children now?" Of course, their full grown adults, but it's just a wonder. Do they ever come to Disneyland and listen to their own selves sing?

This goes for all people who have recorded their voices for Disneyland attractions.

Space Mountain-Com Chat people
Star Tours-The lady for the safety spiel (the one with the wierd hair). I mean, has she ever recently come to Disneyland, see herself and think, "I remember doing that!"---Also the voice of Captain Rex.
Splash Mountain-the entire cast
The people who recorded their voices for Fantasmic!
The singers who have recorded their voices for nighttime shows like the fireworks shows.

It's just a wonder...Where are they now?

jon80flt
01-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Also the voice of Captain Rex.

Paul Rubins... AKA: Pee-Wee Herman :fez:

marktips
01-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Star Tours cast and crew accoridng to IMDB: link. (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094029/fullcredits)

Sadly, no funny-haired lady.

marktips
01-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Something i learned, though not from DL, but WDW - Corey Burton (famous for much at DL) also did the voice of the radio announcer in Ellen's Energy adventure at Epcot.

You know, that scene in the dark where you stare at a blinking radio tower for a few minutes as snow falls around you. Nifty.

Oh wow, just found out he was also the voice of General Knowledge in Cranium Command.

HorizonsA
01-18-2005, 08:06 PM

Well, we all know where he is. :rolleyes:

Werner
01-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Star Tours cast and crew accoridng to IMDB: link. (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094029/fullcredits)

So I thought I heard George Lucas is the guy who ducks under the desk at the end?

I Heart Disneyland!
01-19-2005, 12:33 AM

I love Pee Wee Hermann!!!

AliciasMom
01-19-2005, 09:05 AM
I know this isn't an answer to your question but I thought it was interesting. My HS friend (and jr high girlfriend of my husband, lol) Bellamie Blackstone was a singer for the IASW recording used in EuroDisney. I think she just wrote a book on magic for children (she is from the Blackstone magician family).

MartyLuvsTigger
01-19-2005, 10:21 AM
So I thought I heard George Lucas is the guy who ducks under the desk at the end?
Yes it is ...I remember seeing it somewhere. He always has a cameo of himself in his movies.

mbrady
01-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Yes it is ...I remember seeing it somewhere. He always has a cameo of himself in his movies.

Nope, sorry that's not George Lucas. And doesn't really look like him either.

MartyLuvsTigger
01-19-2005, 10:57 AM
Nope, sorry that's not George Lucas. And doesn't really look like him either.
ok...now I am going have to prove you wrong! :fez:

bluepearl
01-19-2005, 10:59 AM
The 1960s boys choir at my elementary school sang the original record for it's a small world. Thought that was quite interesting. :geek:

MartyLuvsTigger
01-19-2005, 11:02 AM
ok...now I am going have to prove you wrong! :fez:
ok I proved myself wrong, The guys name is Ira Keeler. My bad. :)

Opus1guy
01-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Imagineering keeps all these people locked in the old Glendale Air Terminal. Sometimes they let them out to bowl for a few hours, or to record some new tracks. But then it's back to the terminal where they subsist on old frozen unsold "Disney Handwiches."

;)

MrsPooh
01-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Imagineering keeps all these people locked in the old Glendale Air Terminal. Sometimes they let them out to bowl for a few hours, or to record some new tracks. But then it's back to the terminal where they subsist on old frozen unsold "Disney Handwiches."

;)

So THAT'S where they are doing all that brainwashing! I knew it was there somewhere.....

Wait.....that was another thread.....