PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing an AP

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-18-2005, 03:09 PM
DH and I have deluxe APs but we will be buying one for our 3yo when we go in March. We got ours the last day of our 5 day park hopper. What would be the best way to get his? Should we just buy it at the gate when we get there or order on line. I hate to have to wait in the ticket line if we don't have to. THANKS!

Mommy2NicknMax
01-18-2005, 03:20 PM
I'd get it in advance. Otherwise you'll wait in the ticket line and then again in the line at the AP Processing Center.

kohl
01-18-2005, 04:32 PM
Even if you do buy your AP online, you still need to go to the processing center for a picture and the actual AP. They just send you the AP that looks like a regular ticket, but says which AP you purchased.

Mommy2NicknMax
01-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Even if you do buy your AP online, you still need to go to the processing center for a picture and the actual AP. They just send you the AP that looks like a regular ticket, but says which AP you purchased.

Sorry my post was unclear. I was stating that she'd have to wait in two lines instead of just one.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-18-2005, 09:46 PM
I figured we would have to go to the processing center, hoping that the line won't be to bad first thing on a Tuesday morning, since my 3yo is the one getting the AP, he would have to be with me. But I would rather do that then stand in 2 lines. So, I will buy it online then. I assume that will get him in to the park to go to the processing center. THANKS!

disney jones
01-18-2005, 10:35 PM
reminds me of my experience.

I have a 3 yr old and 5 yr old - girls. Me and my 5 yr old got APs in June, but Sydney didn't turn 3 until August so we held off on her. We finally got her one in October, but now we are off by 4 months with us the two of us - now i doubt there's a solution to that - it's just unfortunate.

But, i think you're wise to go first thing - we went mid-day, and that AP center is perfect spot for a nap, so Syd was zonked! We had to wake her up for her picture - she wasn't too happy with that and her picture reflects it, but we finally got her to hold her eyes open long enough, but she looks pretty grumpy in her picture (LOL!)

But when we go to the front gates now, she is so adorable and the CMs love her walking up carrying her own little AP -she always insists on carrying it herself. :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-18-2005, 10:46 PM
reminds me of my experience.

I have a 3 yr old and 5 yr old - girls. Me and my 5 yr old got APs in June, but Sydney didn't turn 3 until August so we held off on her. We finally got her one in October, but now we are off by 4 months with us the two of us - now i doubt there's a solution to that - it's just unfortunate.

But, i think you're wise to go first thing - we went mid-day, and that AP center is perfect spot for a nap, so Syd was zonked! We had to wake her up for her picture - she wasn't too happy with that and her picture reflects it, but we finally got her to hold her eyes open long enough, but she looks pretty grumpy in her picture (LOL!)

But when we go to the front gates now, she is so adorable and the CMs love her walking up carrying her own little AP -she always insists on carrying it herself. :)
That is cute. I will probably get Brooks a pin lanyard that he can put his AP in too. He wanted one on our last visit for his "drivers license" but we got him a wallet instead.

disney jones
01-18-2005, 10:53 PM
the thought of a 3 yr old holding an AP all day frightens me :eek: . we usually enter at the monorail station, and it takes some negotiating to get it back from her as she insists on carrying it, but before we get to Tomorrowland Station, i've gotten it back, negotiating the whole time, and telling her its really in her best interest to let me hold it. :)

I'm sure we could have continued most of the year getting her in for free (who's really gonna challenge and card a 3 yr old girl who could pass for 2?), but i'm the honest sort, and it sounds like you are too! It's just awkward and unfortunate to not have the entire family on the same expiration schedule.

But one of the reasons i talked myself into APs was that originally it was just for the two of us, while Sydney was still free. :) She just loves her own ID now too, and i'm sure yours will too!

Shortiemetoo
01-19-2005, 05:35 AM
Disney Dude, you are smart. A three year old will ALWAYS tell anyone and everyyone they are three and not two!!!! :fez:

disney jones
01-19-2005, 11:33 AM
A three year old will ALWAYS tell anyone and everyyone they are three and not two!!!! :fez:EXACTLY! :D and telling them to lie about it who be a tremendous blunder and no way to raise a child. :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-19-2005, 02:39 PM
When my son is asked his age, he not only says he is 3, but he says his birthday is September 13th too! LOL

dlfanshl
01-19-2005, 04:07 PM
I would purchase a pass from AAA if you have access. The perks are great like the ESPN card--he would love then upgrade on the last day or the trip.

disney jones
01-19-2005, 04:51 PM
When my son is asked his age, he not only says he is 3, but he says his birthday is September 13th too! LOL
mine doesn't do that, but will hold up 3 fingers most of the time to emphasize the point, LOL!

i'm glad he wasn't born two days early! Sydney was born Aug 27 in 2001, and then the world turned upside down two weeks later.

tru2mickey
01-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Hey about aps. Can anyone still buy Southern Cal. Passes or do you have to prove your a resident? Can you go into the parks the day you purchase them even if it is a blockout day? :confused: :confused: :D

Wendi
01-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Hey about aps. Can anyone still buy Southern Cal. Passes or do you have to prove your a resident? Can you go into the parks the day you purchase them even if it is a blockout day? :confused: :confused: :D

I bought mine on Halloween 2004 and the guy made a point of telling me he didn't care if I had "proof" of residency. I don't know if that has changed.

Yes, you can use it the first day if it's blocked. But it's easier if it's a blockout day to just get a one-day pass then upgrade it at the AP Processing Center at the end of the night, that way you won't have any issues if you want to park-hop or anything. My first day in the park was a Sunday, so I used my regular ticket all day, then just paid the difference to upgrade to the AP before I left the park that night - oh and I was the only one there at the end of the night too, no lines.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-19-2005, 10:30 PM
mine doesn't do that, but will hold up 3 fingers most of the time to emphasize the point, LOL!

i'm glad he wasn't born two days early! Sydney was born Aug 27 in 2001, and then the world turned upside down two weeks later.

My DH is a commercial airline pilot, so 9/11 was a HUGE thing for us. Thankfully he was on vacation, because I was PG, our son actually wasn't due until Sept. 27th, so he didn't miss the birth, even though he came early. Had he been working, he wouldn't have been able to get home.

Pammer
01-20-2005, 12:29 PM
When we went to upgrade our passes to a SoCal pass (we live in NoCal) last May, we were told that we had to be a resident. However, since we had SoCal passes in 2002/2003 (when the policy was not enforced), a very nice Supervisor allowed the upgrade. I guess it depends upon the CM...you can always come back another time and try again.

And the other suggestion to buy a regular pass if it's a blockout day and then upgrade inside the park later is a good one!