PDA

View Full Version : Best meeting place in the park

rc19
01-18-2005, 10:31 AM
What is/are the best meeting place(s) in Disneyland, taking into account the following:

1. Relatively close to the entrance

2. Easy to find, especially for people who don't go to the park often or have never been.

3. Hopefully not such an obvious spot as to be too crowded/busy an area.

I originally was thinking Sword in the Stone, but it's too far from the entrance and will be a pain if there's a ceremony going on at the meeting time.

Then I thought about the Partners statue, but it's a favorite picture-taking spot, so there are usually a lot of people around.

Lastly, I was thinking of the flagpole by the entrance, but was wondering if "the flagpole at the end of main street" is too vague for people who have never been. I know it sounds obvious, but is it?

Thanks in advance.

CoasterChickie
01-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Are you planning to meet someone you know or someone you've never met?

We usually pick one of the letters in C A L I F O R N I A to meet before we go into either park. Once we're in the park we have another spot we meet if someone gets seperated from the group.

SCUBAbe
01-18-2005, 10:51 AM
we usually meet bu the flag pole on main street or at the hub by the mickey and walt statue. Well, that was before cell phones. Now wee just call and say, "where are you?" and we meet there...LOL

tod
01-18-2005, 10:54 AM
We have several.

North point on the compass in the Main Entrance Plaza. Good when we split up into both parks.
Second alcove on the right on the Castle bridge. Not good after sundown, as a rule, because it gets crowded there at night, especially after fireworks when everybody meets "at the Castle after the fireworks."
In front of Hollyhock House in DCA.

--t

rc19
01-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Here's a little more info:

I'm meeting 20 friends of varying degrees of Disneyland experience somewhere inside the park.

I'll probably stick with the Mickey/Walt statue because it's easy to find and recognizable.

Thanks for your help!

calguy77
01-18-2005, 11:03 AM
We always meet by Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, never to busy, not far from the enterance

Niwel
01-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Mickey Walt works -- as long as you tell them which side (the statue is built in such a way that you can totally miss someone). Plus, with so many people taking pictures there, if you sit on a bench, you might be hard to spot. So tell them the side facing 1) the castle 2) main street 3) Adventureland/Frontierland or 4) Tomorrowland.

tod
01-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Here's a little more info:

I'm meeting 20 friends of varying degrees of Disneyland experience somewhere inside the park.

I'll probably stick with the Mickey/Walt statue because it's easy to find and recognizable.

Thanks for your help!

I'd pick one of the little surrounding statues then.

--t

rentayenta
01-18-2005, 11:14 AM
We usually pick one of the letters in C A L I F O R N I A to meet before we go into either park. Once we're in the park we have another spot we meet if someone gets seperated from the group.

And I thought I was special :crying: ;)

CoasterChickie
01-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Well , you were the only one who ever held up a sign with my name on it and acted like a spazz when you saw me so I guess that makes you special. :rolleyes: :D

P.S. If you're meeting MPers and don't know what they look like what do you say when you walk up to the people who you think might be them? And what do you say when it turns out you guessed wrong?! :fez:

(Disney Dude...you're funny!~)

disney jones
01-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Well , you were the only one who ever held up a sign with my name on it and acted like a spazz when you saw me so I guess that makes you special. :rolleyes: :DLOL!! Well, that's how I was going to find you!! I guess i'll have to think of something else even wackier! :~D

Stupid_American
01-19-2005, 07:32 AM
I like the area at the top of the steps, in front of the Main Street Rail Road Station.
It iselevated, has benches, and it's rarely crowded.

http://homepage.mac.com/stupid_american/rr.jpg

Susan L
01-19-2005, 07:52 AM
We always meet family and friends at the Hub. Its also where we meet if anyone gets seperated from the group. It has always worked well for us.

tod
01-19-2005, 08:33 AM
1. Be specific. Locations should be defined within five or six feet. "At the North point of the compass in the Main Entrance Plaza" is better than "In the Esplanade."

2. Actually go there. Do not watch it from nearby and swoop in when other people go there first. I found this one out the hard way once when my friend was also keeping the meeting place under watch instead of actually going there.

--t

sediment
01-19-2005, 02:35 PM
THe Hub is best inside the park if everyone is already in the park. Pick a direction from The Partners statue ("directly West" of statue, for example). Pick a 20-minute window, not an exact time. People will otherwise just get upset if someone isn't there at the exact time.

Best solution: cell phones. Call at a specific time. Determine place to meet, espcially if it's a meal. Saves at least one step (gathering together first) in the process. And, of course, turn them off while experiencing attractions.

disneyhound
01-19-2005, 02:49 PM
1. Be specific. Locations should be defined within five or six feet. ...

I don't know, there is a lot of space in 25-36 square foot area, that could still be too vague for some people... :p

CoasterChickie
01-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Hey Stupid American...I love your map ....that made me smile when I saw it with the big x on it. That's very close to where lisap and I met!!! :) Good spot!