PDA

View Full Version : "Almost" a birthday

JoeCanadian
12-13-2001, 12:39 PM
Does anybody know if City Hall would give my little brother (about 9) any privileges if it's Almost my his birthday?

MickeyD
12-13-2001, 01:10 PM
I know you can get a sticker as long as it's close. And if he's 9 it's not like they are going to ask for a birth certificate for proof, right?

LuvTDL
12-13-2001, 02:11 PM
I don't really think it has to be your exact birthday for you to get your sticker.. I've been there a couple times on the day before/after my birthday to celebrate and they always gave me one =)

Plus when I celebrated my birthday a few weeks ago, I went to Disneyland to celebrate with my friends and the Small World Holiday CM saw my sticker and had the whole boat sing happy birthday to me.. hehe kinda embarrasing but kinda fun..

I'm sure for younger kids, they do alot more.. most cast members are really good at noticing the sticker and making kids feel really special on their birthday =)

JoeCanadian
12-13-2001, 02:55 PM
Singing, eh? <laughs> sounds good to me. He's the embarrassing type so it'd be pretty funny to see what he'd do if some CM's get into a round of "Happy Birthday" :p

mousey_girl
12-13-2001, 03:29 PM
Celebrating a B-day at DL is great!!! We have now planned our annual trip around the boy's B-day (dec 6th). Every one stops what they are doing to say, "Happy Birthday Nickolas." He loves it! Even Alice during the Electric Parade said Happy Birthday to him. Our waitress at Goofy's Kitchen brought him out a cupcake with a candle and she gathered all of the characters around to sing to him. I was told if we wanted that we would have to pay for it. (needless to say she got one heck of a tip :D ) We always stay on the property so he gets a button that he can wear for a day or two. By the end of the day he was annoucing to everyone "I am 5." :)

ripplededge
12-13-2001, 04:27 PM
mousey_girl:
"Celebrating a B-day at DL is great!!!"

I have worked my last 3 birthdays at DL, and lemme tell you... I swear I had more people ask me if it really was my birthday, then actually said happy birthday!

Maybe for my 21st birthday I'll just ask for the day off.

Morrigoon
12-13-2001, 04:37 PM
Wow, you're younger than I thought

MonorailMan
12-14-2001, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Wow, you're younger than I thought

I second that.

DisneyDenise28
12-14-2001, 06:09 PM
you don't even need a birth certificate to get a birthday sticker. I've done this many times...go to city hall, tell em it's my birthday, get my sticker, and off I go for a very merry un-birthday to me!!! :) I know it sounds mean that I do this, but I get the royal treatment and plus the cute sticker to take home :)