PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Hotel Character Breakfast Help!

Family5LovesDisney
01-17-2005, 02:42 PM
I was reading the "reviews" on this site about the Character Breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel. I am a little confused as it says "Minnie and Friends" in the description and in all of the reviws but ONE..... the most recent review says "Lilo & Stitch" are there. Can anyone help me out on this?? All three of my boys (I should say all FOUR as my hubby does too) LOVE Stitch! Does this breakfast now play Elvis music and have Lilo and Stitch visit???

Next question.........how far to walk from the Disneyland Hotel where we are staying to this hotel?? And how far from this hotel to the Park???

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)

disney jones
01-17-2005, 02:43 PM
the current breakfast is Lilo and Stitch, they switched from Minnie this past Fall.

the walk is about a half mile or so (south), depending on which tower you stay in.

CoasterChickie
01-17-2005, 02:47 PM
I love the Paradise Pier Hotel almost as much as the DLH. The beachy them is really cute. I can't tell you for sure if it's Minie and Friends or Lilo and Stitch, but the food is the exact same as Goofy's Kitchen. And the walk to the DLH is not bad at all...5 minutes tops, plus there are lots of nice things to see along the way. You can get to the monorail in about the same amount of time. Or if you want to go straight to DCA , you can go across the street to the GCH, cut through the lobby and past the pool and take the guest entrance into the park. You just have to show them your room key from one of the three DLR hotels to use that entrance.

Darkbeer
01-17-2005, 02:47 PM
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/hotels/dining/detail?name=DisneysPCHGrillDiningPage

So the official site shows the Lilo and Stitch breakfast, and on the same page is the phone number to call Disney Dining direct.....

The PPH is about 1/4 mile south of the DLH (there is a back pathway, just follow the signs), and the distance from PPH to the Main Entry Plaza is about a 3/4 mile, or about the same walking distance as those staying at HoJo's or Candy Cane Inn.

Family5LovesDisney
01-17-2005, 02:49 PM
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/hotels/dining/detail?name=DisneysPCHGrillDiningPage

So the official site shows the Lilo and Stitch breakfast, and on the same page is the phone number to call Disney Dining direct.....

Oh yeah! I always forget there is an "official" site! I enjoy Mouse Planet the best for information about the parks! :D

Family5LovesDisney
01-17-2005, 02:51 PM
the walk is about a half mile or so (south), depending on which tower you stay in.

Not sure about the whole "Tower" thing?? I saw the pictures and thought it was just one hotel. Guess I will discover all of this when I get there! I thought the Grand Floridian was just the main building until we stayed there and found that there are lots of buildings behind the main one!

Family5LovesDisney
01-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Or if you want to go straight to DCA , you can go across the street to the GCH, cut through the lobby and past the pool and take the guest entrance into the park. You just have to show them your room key from one of the three DLR hotels to use that entrance. So even if I am staying at the Disneyland hotel, I can use this special entrance to get into DCA?? I thought it was only for people staying at the GCH???

disney jones
01-17-2005, 03:19 PM
There are 3 towers there - the Marina, the Sierra, and the Bonita. They are basically identical except where they are situated on the property. I prefer the Sierra since it's closest to the gates to the parks, but others have different preferences (there was a thread about the towers posted earlier this month you can find if you do a search).

and yes, you can use the GC entrance to DCA if you stay at the DLH or PPH hotels, but i've used several times without staying at any of the hotels, and have never been carded.

Sheila
01-17-2005, 03:59 PM

Dang, I put my attention on editing a different part of the review system the couple of months, and they switch out characters on me at DLR. :mad: ;) It's always something with those Disney folks.... :D

Thanks for the head's up, Darkbeer. I'll update the Review page for the PCH Grill to reflect the change-out to L&S.

Sheila

CoasterChickie
01-17-2005, 04:12 PM
and yes, you can use the GC entrance to DCA if you stay at the DLH or PPH hotels, but i've used several times without staying at any of the hotels, and have never been carded.

They've always asked to see our room key...guess we look like seedy characters! ;)

BTW...the hotels just don't seem that far away from each other to me....I must be a really bad judge of distance...has anybody ever taken a pedometer and actually measured the distance?

disney jones
01-17-2005, 04:32 PM
BTW...the hotels just don't seem that far away from each other to me....I must be a really bad judge of distance...has anybody ever taken a pedometer and actually measured the distance? i think we're all in the ballpark. Darkbeer says 1/4 mile, i think it's a little longer (0.457 mi from Marina, 0.386 mi from Bonita :geek: ), but at a reasonable walking rate, an adult can walk almost 1/2 mile in 5 minutes.

Family5LovesDisney
01-17-2005, 05:02 PM
i think we're all in the ballpark. Darkbeer says 1/4 mile, i think it's a little longer (0.457 mi from Marina, 0.386 mi from Bonita :geek: ), but at a reasonable walking rate, an adult can walk almost 1/2 mile in 5 minutes.

Hey, I think we can handle it! LOL! We walk MILES when we visit Washington DC or London. These hotels and parks all seem pretty close. I'm sure my legs will still feel like they are going to fall off at the end of the day but we will make it! I really think it has more to do with walking on hard surfaces all day. I can hike for miles all day and my legs aren't as sore as walking around Epcot or Washington DC .......Go Figure!

Family5LovesDisney
01-17-2005, 05:10 PM
There are 3 towers there - the Marina, the Sierra, and the Bonita. They are basically identical except where they are situated on the property. I prefer the Sierra since it's closest to the gates to the parks, but others have different preferences (there was a thread about the towers posted earlier this month you can find if you do a search).

I will have to find that old post and read about the different towers! Gosh, it sure is fun to do the planning! I know we are going to have a wonderful time and everyone here on this board has helped to make it easier for me! THANKS GUYS!

Earkid
01-17-2005, 05:15 PM
The three towers are for the Disneyland Hotel not the Paradise Pier hotel. PPH is just one bldg. The Lilo and Stitch character meal is at the PPH.

We stay at PPH a lot and I don't find the walk bad at all. We also take the monorail from DTD to get into the park. That cuts down on the walk.

Family5LovesDisney
01-17-2005, 05:22 PM
The three towers are for the Disneyland Hotel not the Paradise Pier hotel. PPH is just one bldg. The Lilo and Stitch character meal is at the PPH.

We stay at PPH a lot and I don't find the walk bad at all. We also take the monorail from DTD to get into the park. That cuts down on the walk. Thanks! I was wondering if there were more towers at the Paradise Pier and which one the breakfast was located in. So I should be able to find this place without a problem. If I can ever find my way out of the three towers in the DLH! :-) Can you tell that I'm not that great with directions?? Neither is my husband so we make an awful pair! We will be asking for maps of everything!

tlovesdis
01-17-2005, 05:25 PM
We ate there on December 5th. We saw Lilo, Stitch, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto, and Max. There is a lot of character interaction. My neice got to play a game with Stitch. It is similar to musical chairs and she also danced with Minnie and Lilo! It was a lot of fun.

We were staying at the DLH in the Sierra Tower and it probably took us 10 minutes top to walk there (mind you my little neice lags so it might be faster than that!).

Hope this helps!

Family5LovesDisney
01-17-2005, 05:27 PM
We ate there on December 5th. We saw Lilo, Stitch, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto, and Max. There is a lot of character interaction. My neice got to play a game with Stitch. It is similar to musical chairs and she also danced with Minnie and Lilo! It was a lot of fun.

We were staying at the DLH in the Sierra Tower and it probably took us 10 minutes top to walk there (mind you my little neice lags so it might be faster than that!).

Hope this helps! Yes, it sure does. I just wanted to make sure it was within walking distance and that Stitch would be there. My boys will want to take Stitch home on the plane with them! LOL!

tlovesdis
01-17-2005, 06:02 PM
Yes, it sure does. I just wanted to make sure it was within walking distance and that Stitch would be there. My boys will want to take Stitch home on the plane with them! LOL!

My niece had so much fun with Stitch. The game is like musical chairs but they put down the hawaiin islands. Then each time the music stops the kids have to jump on one and one kid doesn't have one and they have to leave the game. Just like musical chairs. When it got down to the last two, my niece and another little girl, instead of walking around the islands, Stitch took off running around the place and my niece and the other little girl were chasing him! It was funny. The cornered him and he started crawling on the floor. My niece got down on the floor too and was grabbing his feet. It was so sweet!

Your boys will have a blast!

After you eat there, walk across to the Grand Californian and walk through the hotel to get to Disneyland or DCA. It's a little bit faster than walking through DTD. We did it becasue it was raining, but it was nice to check out the Grand!

Darkbeer
01-17-2005, 07:38 PM
So even if I am staying at the Disneyland hotel, I can use this special entrance to get into DCA?? I thought it was only for people staying at the GCH???

Ever since they closed down the special PPH entrance to DCA in September 2004, the signage has been changed at the GCH entrance to allow all 3 Disney owned hotel guests to use it for first entry.

ANY guest can use it for reentry, Disney does want you to go to the Hotel and eat, drink and shop.:fez:

Darkbeer
01-17-2005, 07:41 PM
i think we're all in the ballpark. Darkbeer says 1/4 mile, i think it's a little longer (0.457 mi from Marina, 0.386 mi from Bonita :geek: ), but at a reasonable walking rate, an adult can walk almost 1/2 mile in 5 minutes.

To me, the DLH is the Lost Bar, which is about a 1/4 mile north of the PPH, depending on what entrance and pathway you use...

But yes, talking about distances at the DLH, which is spread out, heck, how about the walk from the tower entrance, to the elevator, then to your room, that can be a hike in itself!, depending on what room number you got!:eek: