PDA

View Full Version : Other than weddings and birthdays, have you ben to any parties at the DLR?

CoasterChickie
01-17-2005, 11:49 AM
If so, can you tell us any details like where it was held, how many people, food and decorations,approximate cost, etc.?

Thank you! :)

SCUBAbe
01-17-2005, 03:07 PM
not really a party, but I went to a 4 day convention there once. It was so fun. I know they spent a bundle, because they flew people in from out of state. Only one person from each restuarant was allowed to go. So, we didn't know anyone. However, we made friends fast. It was a wine seminar and they let us drink it....ALL DAY and half the night. We kind of took over the PPH and we were asked to keep it down at the bar at the DLH because it's a family bar. That still cracks me up. We had drunk people everywhere. I saw some passed out in the bushes. The only reason that happened was they had this rule, "if you can open it, you can drink it.'" well, we all could open them, and they had bottles everywhere. At lunch we would go through 3 to 4 bottles and we had wine on all our breaks also. It was the best 4 days I've spent at DL withour going to the parks...LOL

The first night we were there they had the resturant where they hold the charchter breakfast at the PPH set up fir us. It was liek a bar atmosphere. We were to go to all the stations and try everywine on the menu with food.

I honestly don't know what they were thinking and they haven't done that kind of seminar since, but we had a blast! (by the waty...this was when I worked at Olive Garden...:))

kbanmen
01-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Well if you conside the CM monster bash (for CM's and thier kids) and the annual family christmas party for CM's and their families

mad4mky
01-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Does large business company parties count?

I have been there twice when two large corporations have rented DL for the evenings. Those have been the best nights I have ever been to the park.

One was for the Fluor Corporation, I was a Sr. in High School (this was the fall of 1976)...and a friend invited me to go down with his family to go to the park. It was great. The park closed to the general population about 9 pm or so...and the company employees and their families were allowed to enter the park about 11 pm. We got to stay inside the park until about 4 or 5 am. What a blast. We could just walk onto any ride...

The second time I went to a party like this was for the Kodak Corporation. Lindsay was about 6 months old (she was born in Sept 1983...so this was about March 1984)..and we flew down to visit friends during that weekend. Our friend worked for Kodak at the time...and it was the same scenario. :D

Fun, fun, fun. I haven't gotten to do this since those two times.