PDA

View Full Version : A Slew of Trip Questions

DefyingGravity
01-17-2005, 09:34 AM
Hey everybody! All of a sudden, two trip oppurtunities popped up. The first would be sometime around either April 2,3,4 or 9,10,11. Which would be better? The second trip would be from June 3-5. I'm hoping that June 3-5 is slightly before the summer crowds, but I'm not sure. Is it? Also, does anyone know if the enhanced fastpass through AAA is still available? I couldn't find any mention of it. Does anybody think that two trips that close together are too much? Finally, if I do both trips, should I think about becoming an AP? Sorry to ask so many questions. Thanks in advance!

Lekta
01-17-2005, 10:50 AM
I would suggest the April 9-11, from what I have heard from the other board members. As for them being too close together, I don't know about you, but that is a dream!! Go for both of em. June will likely be crowded, but, the weather should be gorgeous.

bassett1976
01-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Finally, if I do both trips, should I think about becoming an AP?

I would look into the cost of getting a regular ticket first and check the price. Then if you can add just a little more to get an AP, then I would go for it. For DL, if you can use the AP to save money on some of your food items and any souvineer purchase of $10 or more you will get an AP Discount. This could save you a lot of money on your trip to justify the AP expense. Then you can come back later in the year! Also, you can get AP discounts on rooms for GCH, DLH, and PP Hotels.

Susan L
01-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Your second date plan for April is a better choice. For June the earlier the better. As for AP I can't help you on that one. Two trips in a row that's a dream come ture.

CoasterChickie
01-17-2005, 11:46 AM
The April dates sound great! If you're going in June, then I hope you like teenagers because that's prime time for seniors who are graduating from high school!

danyoung
01-17-2005, 01:34 PM
I can only answer one of your questions. There is no such thing as 2 trips too close together! I used to travel a lot on business, and I would try to finagle an extra day or 2 every time I was in SoCal or Orlando, just to hit the parks for at least a few hours. Didn't matter if I'd just been in town last week - I was still heading to Anaheim!!!

Leap for Joy
01-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Yes, if you do two trips, buy the AP! But, be prepared! If you buy it you're likely to come again (and again, and again...) before it expires!!!

disney jones
01-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Two 2-day trips will pay for an AP, so yes, get an AP if you do both.

too close together? that's two months which is forever to me! we've been averaging slightly less than two months - and that's still not enough!

i'd go in June so you can see the 50th anniversary hoopla.

DefyingGravity
01-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Thank you all! I believe I probably will buy an AP, thanks to your information, and I'll go with the later April date.

I'm not too worried about a large amount of teenagers in June, being as I am one! Although I must admit, the behavior of some of my fellow teens is pretty annoying.

I think I may end up going both times, which, although to some of you might not seem like much, it is to me, as I usually go once or twice in an entire year. But I am glad to hear that going that close does not "dilute" the magic! I like my magic extra-strong! :D

Thanks again! And does anybody know about the AAA fastpass thing? Oh, and if that is still going, can you still get that feature if you have an AP? Thanks so much!

Niwel
01-17-2005, 07:54 PM
But I am glad to hear that going that close does not "dilute" the magic! I like my magic extra-strong! :D

APs actually keep the magic intact -- promise! :) You get all of the fun without the aggrivation of feeling a need to go on EVERYTHING ... since you know you can come back.

Diamondbacker
01-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Yes, if you do two trips, buy the AP! But, be prepared! If you buy it you're likely to come again (and again, and again...) before it expires!!!
We live in Az and bought our AP for a week long trip last Dec and we were also planning a week long trip in Nov '05--- but now we are planning trips in Feb- May- June- Sept... so yes having the AP makes going to Disneyland very addictive, :)

rentayenta
01-18-2005, 08:41 AM
I can't guestimate the crowds but I wanted to say- have two magical trips :D

DefyingGravity
01-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Thanks so much everybody! I really appreciate your responses! If anybody has any more info, please post!

dlandfan
01-18-2005, 07:06 PM
AAA does offer the enhanced fastpass but only with packages that include a multi-day park-hopper and a stay at one of the Disneyland resort hotels. No APs have this feature and there is no other way to get it as far as I know.

vegasmommytoDL
01-18-2005, 10:02 PM
I am booking through AAA... Here is my plan. Spend 2 nights at a Disney Resort Hotel and get 5-Day Parkhoppers. They will include the multiple fastpass feature. Then we are staying at another hotel for the remaining 3 nights.. BUT our tickets will still have the multiple fastpass feature for all 5 days! THEN at the end of the 5 days we are going to use the $169 value of the 5-Day hoppers and upgrade by spending $40 each ticket to get an annual pass =) (Now if you did this for the April trip, then there will probably be a Saturday on your June trip where you will have to pay $30 for a "blackout" ticket) I read somewhere on here that its possible for them to transfer your barcode from your parkhopper to the AP. I wonder if I could sweet talk them into coding it with a multiple fastpass feature? I bet I have as good of a chance in that as sweet talking my way into the President's Suite HAHA. The Standard rooms booked through AAA are in the Bonita and Marina towers I will feel lucky enough if they honor my Sierra request! I know the cost difference of staying in a resort hotel isn't worth the multiple fastpass feature alone... but I always wanted to stay there since I was a little girl.

I heard someone give the advice to find someone leaving the park on their 5th Day of use then ask for their ticket and take it to the booth and upgrade it for $40 to the Deluxe AP. I have no idea if that would work... its also probably not legal. However, when you do buy tickets and if you have AAA I suggest buying it from them because of the free parking (thats $9 a day I think). If you decide to do a AAA hotel package try to book by Jan 31 to get a mug that you can fill in the park up to 5 times a day (only good until the end of April)

I am looking at going around the dates you picked for June. In April there are less crowds but there are a LOT of closures and the 50th Ann stuff doesn't begin until May. Let me know anyone if I am missing something! Thanks

disney jones
01-18-2005, 10:22 PM
sounds like a great plan - i'd just upgrade to the AP early on the 5th day, no need to wait until the end of the day, and if you do it first thing, you'll avoid the lines! :)

vegasmommytoDL
01-18-2005, 11:25 PM
sounds like a great plan - i'd just upgrade to the AP early on the 5th day, no need to wait until the end of the day, and if you do it first thing, you'll avoid the lines! :)

Yeah... I had planned to do that since the 5th day is what I have planned as my "shopping" day. I'll upgrade to an AP then go around and buy the things I wanted to buy (that could wait) and see if the 10% discount can come in handy. On a Tuesday morning the multi fastpass feature won't be as important anyway =) I wish I knew more about the princess costumes they sell in the park. I wonder if they are the same as the ones at WalMart, and if not then I wonder how much they cost. I want to get my daughter one for the Princess breakfast. I figure I'll look at them the first day we get there and if they are too much or if I don't like them, then I know where Target is! HAHA I'll also check eBay I think.

One thing I still don't understand is the Character Breakfast tickets sold through the AAA packages. They are full price.... but if you go to the park and pay for it the day you dine you get a 10% AAA discount... Go figure!

disney jones
01-18-2005, 11:37 PM
i got my 3 yr old's Cinderella outfit at The Disney Store here in AZ so i'm not sure.

A heads up on discounts is that you only get discounts for Merchandise when you get the Premium AP, not the Deluxe. The Premium is about $100 more and is good for 10% discount. The Deluxe AP is basically just good for discounts for food at certain restaurants. The Premium also comes with Free Parking at DLR, so if you think you'll be spending more than $700-$800 in the next year at Disneyland, you can save some money by doing that - if not, it's probably not worth it. And you just need to buy one Premium AP, and can get your daughter the Deluxe AP. It just takes one for the discount.

Pammer
01-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Oh so true...I never went more than once a year until I got an AP in June 2002...I then went 4 times on that pass!

And I agree that if you're a true Disneyland afficionado, there's no such thing as trips too close together! Last year I visited 10/31 - 11/2 and then 12/5 - 12/8...as soon as I came home from the first trip I could hardly wait for the next one!

I also agree with going the second weekend of April...Easter break will be over for many kids, and should be better crowd-wise.

My next trips are planned for 4/24 - 4/26 and 6/5 - 6/8! :eek:

danyoung
01-19-2005, 12:41 PM
I never went more than once a year until I got an AP in June 2002...I then went 4 times on that pass!

I would really have the strength to NOT take a WDW trip this spring, if it weren't for the fact that I have an AP that's about to expire, and I just HAVE to get one more trip out of it!!!

Johnhost
01-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Hey everybody! All of a sudden, two trip oppurtunities popped up. The first would be sometime around either April 2,3,4 or 9,10,11. Which would be better? The second trip would be from June 3-5. I'm hoping that June 3-5 is slightly before the summer crowds, but I'm not sure. Is it? Also, does anyone know if the enhanced fastpass through AAA is still available? I couldn't find any mention of it. Does anybody think that two trips that close together are too much? Finally, if I do both trips, should I think about becoming an AP? Sorry to ask so many questions. Thanks in advance!

Before you go CHECK OUT www.ridemax.com

Last time I went was July '04. It was PACKED! BUT I never waited in line more then 15 minutes (even for tower of terror!)

No I am not a ridemax salesman...but I loved it so much I tell everyone!

BTW I found out about it on Mouseplanet!