PDA

View Full Version : Daughter performing at 50th!

justgeorgi
01-17-2005, 09:19 AM
Hi everyone,

I frequently post over at Mousepads Walt Disney page but wanted to come here to share my daughters exciting news!

She is a 12 year old singer who recently was asked to perform at Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Celebration in July at Disneyland.

She will be performing for one of the televised performances with the Bob Westbrook Singers!

We are HUGE WDW fans and ap pass holders, this will be our very first trip to Disneyland and we can't imagine how the trip could be more magical! In addition to singing there she will also be meeting with Julie Andrews! :)

Mukta
01-17-2005, 09:31 AM
That is so exciting, how wonderful for your family! She must be very talented to be asked to perform. You can get a lot of really great first trip advice here!

lisap
01-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Wow, how proud you must be, and what a trip of a lifetime. :) Congrats to your family and have a great time out here.

mad4mky
01-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Wow...that's really cool.

Not only is it your first trip to our beloved Disneyland...you're daughter will be a star while at DLR!!! :D

Congratulations to her!

jiminycesq
01-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Congrats, indeed! What an unforgettable experience. I hope they give you some prime viewing!

Have they said whether the television broadcast you mentioned will be "live" on the air that day, like the opening?

TikiGeek
01-17-2005, 11:41 AM
In addition to singing there she will also be meeting with Julie Andrews! :) That Rocks!!! She will be meeting a legend at a legendary place. You will love Disneyland :)

Susan L
01-17-2005, 11:43 AM
That is so exciting for your family.

RStar
01-17-2005, 12:34 PM
That's wonderfull! Let us know how we can watch for her as the date grows closer. And don't forget the trip report, as we will all want to know how your trip went!

Congrats, and have the time of your life!

Earkid
01-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Keep us updated if you get more specifics!! We grasp for any little tidbit of info here on The Pad.