PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading AP?

jennyren
01-15-2005, 02:41 PM
My friend has the Southern California Select Annual pass. We have planned a trip for Monday but it is a blackout day. I know that she can buy a blackout ticket for $30, but I was wondering if she can use this purchase toward an upgrade to a regular Southern California pass? Thanks for any help! :D

VickiC
01-15-2005, 03:07 PM
According to the MP update page Monday is not blocked for any passes. Is it incorrect?

Edited to add.. but on the Calendar page it says it is blocked out for both levels of SoCal passes, so she'd have to upgrade to Deluxe.

jennyren
01-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Yea the official site said that Monday is blacked out....She wants to upgrade it anyway not just for Monday...but would it be possible to use the $30 for the blackout day ticket towards an upgrade?

MouseWife
01-15-2005, 04:51 PM
That is a question I also have~

If I go on a blackout date, do I go to the regular ticket window to upgrade? Or do they want us to buy the $30. ticket and then upgrade inside?

Great question, by the way. ;)

Darkbeer
01-15-2005, 06:59 PM
She has a choice....

Either buy a Blockout Pass for $30 (one day)... or upgrade....

A regular SoCal would be $149 ($50 upgrade), but it is also blocked out on Monday.

A deluxe would be an extra $109. but would allow you to enter the park on Monday.....

Darkbeer
01-15-2005, 07:03 PM
That is a question I also have~

If I go on a blackout date, do I go to the regular ticket window to upgrade? Or do they want us to buy the $30. ticket and then upgrade inside?

Great question, by the way. ;)

You go to any of the regular Main Entry Ticket Windows, show your AP and ask to buy a blockout pass.... That simple, you will get a paper ticket that you need to keep (and use in the FASTPASS machines) :fez:

MouseWife
01-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Thanks, Darkbeer!

But, do I then take that ticket to upgrade inside the park or at that window?
That gets me confused~I know I would have to get a new card, but, oh, I am confused and The Killers just came on SNL!! Wahoo!

Ah, thanks!

Darkbeer
01-16-2005, 12:14 AM
If you are just buying a blockout pass, no other action needed...

If you are upgrading your AP, the best thing to do is go to guest services (located to the left of the Disneyland turnstiles and the lockers). They will print you a new AP on the spot (using your old photo on file).

jennyren
01-16-2005, 12:19 AM
What if she decides to upgrade later in the day...can she do it then?

P.S. thanks for all the help!

Darkbeer
01-16-2005, 04:44 AM
^You could buy a voucher at the Main Entry Booths, then go to the AP Processing center later. But why stand in line twice, when you can get it all done at one time.

jennyren
01-16-2005, 11:15 AM
True True....but for her it all depends on how much money she spends during the day :D

MouseWife
01-16-2005, 03:36 PM
True True....but for her it all depends on how much money she spends during the day :D

LOL So true, so true.

RStar
01-17-2005, 01:00 PM
I belive that yes, later in the day you could take the AP and Blockout ticket to the window (to the left of the main enerance- Guest Relations) if you want to consider upgrading later. And bring the ticket from parking if you add parking or purchase the premium and they will include that in the price as well. Just be sure not to wait too long as you will need to process it that day only. If you have any other problems or questions about it they will be happy to help you at the City Hall.